Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

Deb, dont' know about you but I have sort of "plateau'd" this past week. That is why I think I need a fill! I just hate the thought of having to go back on liquids for a few days after!

I really need to up my water! Have not done good w/ that at all :rolleyes:Made a check list for it.

What does your check list look like and where did you put it? I am struggling to get my Water in. I was never a drinker of much of anything (water, soda, milk, etc).

Deb, dont' know about you but I have sort of "plateau'd" this past week. That is why I think I need a fill! I just hate the thought of having to go back on liquids for a few days after!

I totally understand about the Liquids. If I EVER see another cream Soup again, I will throw up! I have even started drinking protien drink at lunch. I cannot stomach that soup.

I am hungry too, but I haven't plateau'd. Last night I went to bed early because I was so hungry, it was 8:00 (of couse I should say I get up at 4)

I have started to add a little more protien drink a day. I just had to. But only a few more days until I get a fill - I hope, but at least I will be at mushies. How awful, I am soooooo looking forward to mushed up food. :crying: Debbie

I totally understand about the Liquids. If I EVER see another cream Soup again, I will throw up! I have even started drinking protien drink at lunch. I cannot stomach that soup.

You are so NOT alone. I can't even stand the smell of them. My surgeon also allowed me to blend ANY soup and whatever went through the strainer, I could have. I don't know if you have ever looked at blended/pureed soup with veggies or something in it, but let's just say it looked like it had been digested by someone before. gross

You are so NOT alone. I can't even stand the smell of them. My surgeon also allowed me to blend ANY Soup and whatever went through the strainer, I could have. I don't know if you have ever looked at blended/pureed soup with veggies or something in it, but let's just say it looked like it had been digested by someone before. gross

You know, I needed a good laugh, predigested - very good!! :thumbup:

I just love to laugh, especially now.

Oh, I have one for you. Work - we always give a cake and card. I told two people, please, please no cake. Everyone in the office knows about the Lap Band. So EVERYONE knows I cannot/will not eat cake. So what do they do today, I get a cake with candles to blow out. Not some diet pudding I might have been able to eat, but ICE CREAM CAKE . So I blew out my candles said Thank you, but sorry I cannot eat this and let them cut it.

A CAKE - WHY????? Debbie :crying:

Well, it's been a month, and I've lost 26 pounds ... is anyone else having problem eating enough? I feel this weird gnawing sensation that leads to nausea, and I think it's because I'm not eating enough. How often are you eating? I swear, I need an egg timer!

I am not eating enough or drinking enough, thus am not losing any weight. I go to the doctor on thursday lets hope I get a fill. I have never drank enough and now it is even worse. Today I have eaten more than I have since surgery and I feel sick. I started back to work today for 5 hours and was beat. I tried to do too much. I brought some pureed chix salad to eat on my break. I scarfed it down because we were super busy and it just sat in my throat. It was scary and somewhat painful. Will slow down for sure. Everyday is a learning process. I just love learning and sharing with all you guys. Keep trucking! Tamara

Oh, I have one for you. Work - we always give a cake and card. I told two people, please, please no cake. Everyone in the office knows about the Lap Band. So EVERYONE knows I cannot/will not eat cake. So what do they do today, I get a cake with candles to blow out. Not some diet pudding I might have been able to eat, but ICE CREAM CAKE . So I blew out my candles said Thank you, but sorry I cannot eat this and let them cut it.

A CAKE - WHY????? Debbie :w00t:

How rude! :thumbup: They could have at least had YOU a cup of pudding or something for you to "enjoy" while they had your cake. That's just mean. I am sorry that they did that to you. This is hard enough without the cake temptations.

I am not eating enough or drinking enough, thus am not losing any weight.

I feel your pain. I pretty much felt awful yesterday after trying to force more calories in. I will admit, that must have done something because I lost a pound. I can't believe how excited I was about that one pound. I know, how sad am I?:crying:

I am not eating enough or drinking enough, thus am not losing any weight. I go to the doctor on thursday lets hope I get a fill. I have never drank enough and now it is even worse. Today I have eaten more than I have since surgery and I feel sick. I started back to work today for 5 hours and was beat. I tried to do too much. I brought some pureed chix salad to eat on my break. I scarfed it down because we were super busy and it just sat in my throat. It was scary and somewhat painful. Will slow down for sure. Everyday is a learning process. I just love learning and sharing with all you guys. Keep trucking! Tamara

Tamara, I am the original workaholic. But, think of yourself. You need to take time to eat, and take your Snacks if you can eat them. Perhaps even a walk would be nice, yeah I know, asking too much. Put really, take time for lunch. Eat slow. Making yourself sick is not going to help anyone. And honestly, they don't care if you kill yourself or not. Keep some Crystal Lite at your desk in your favorite flavor and sip sip sip. But eating slow, you have to do it. AND - they can do without you for 30 minutes. The work will always be there. I know, I work right there with your - Take care Debbie

You are soo right. It is mind over matter when it comes to working. I have to slow down. I did take a walk during the day today. I work nights so walking during my dinner is not an option. I would not walk there at night! It felt good to walk a couple miles today! I swear slim if I don't lose at least one pound from today, I am gonna freak out!!! Keeping postive, cuz that's just me! Tamara

p.s. Happy Birthday Debbie! If one more person watches me eat at work I am gonna spit in their eye! That is the main reason I tried not to tell too many people. Insensitive jerks! LOL.

That's ok. Freaking out is allowed. I am sure that I will be right there with you! Let the freaking out commence! jk You are going to do fine. It is just a matter of us getting in more calories I think. I think we are taking in so few, that our bodies are scared spitless. I don't know about you, but I was consuming somewhere around 2500 calories a day at least. Now all of a sudden I am getting 500? We are going to get over this hump.

P.S. I forgot to say happy birthday to you too Debbie. ;-)

Good Morning,

I had my 1 month follow-up yesterday and all was well.

I asked about the Realize Band- why he decided on that at last minute.

I was told I didn't have much fat and the realize band has a little less chance of eroding. He explained to me about the eroding also. He said the band is surrounded by fat and once the fat is gone, the band has to have something to "cling" to so to speak. That's when(and it's rare) that it will attach and erode into the stomach. So that helped me to understand that better.

I go for my first fill Oct. 29th. That will put me at 7 weeks for my first fill. I'm happy about that. I'm still learning my eating behaviors so it gives me the opportunity to make some more changes.

I hope everyone is band happy!!!

I have the lapband AP. I still don't know how many cc's. My surgeon said the same thing about me. I guess it's a personal preference after all.

Teri

Hi everybody, :wub:

I just had my 2 week post-op checkup. Good report, :wub: from my pre-op visit until now, I have lost 24 lbs. I am so excited that the scales are finely moving in the right direction (DOWN). I go back in 3 weeks for my first fill. Can anyone tell me if it hurts, and how they find the port?

Gail

Surgery - Realize Band 9/15/08

Yesterday was two weeks since the surgery, and I am still on the liquid diet. Alas today I had a rare treat -- we bought a takeout in Indian restaurant and I had some. Loved it!

I will have my first fill on Nov 7, it will be 6 weeks after the band. I am already looking forward to it, as the last three days did not bring any weight loss. At the same time, having experienced the stomach swollen shut two days after the surgery, I am a bit uneasy about the fill, but now I know the routine and will recognize if anything wrong much faster.

Best wishes,

-am