Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

Hi Iate. I'm so sorry you are not feeling well. I had my surgery on Friday and I am feeling pretty good... but... I do have moments. It sounds to me like a lot of what you are feeling is gas. Do try Gas-X. I had the extra strength cinnamon flavored strips and they really helped. I also drank peppermint tea and it helped too. The heating pad made me feel better. I hope you get to feeling better soon. I don't think your symptoms are that uncommon, but that doesn't help you. You are the one feeling badly and that is no fun. Take care of yourself and keep us posted. Becky

hey guys! i have been trying to read thru and catch up to see how everyone is doing...there's alot going on with everybody...figured i would catch you up on me since so many of you were praying for me...i ended up losing the baby. that is the 2nd miscarriage for us, we were devastated. everyone at work is pregnant, so i know it isn't going to be easy, but i am just trying to get back to normal. in the process, they have rescheduled my surgery for october 16th. so i won't be a september samurai anymore:sad_smile:...i have to restart my liquid diet. i made it thru it the last time, so hopefully i can make it thru again. good luck to you all, thank you for the prayers and good thoughts, and now, my prayers are with each of you...:confused:

Oh honey, I am so sorry to hear that. I have been down that road before so I OVERSTAND your pain but ir does get better. Get healthy and stay positive.

hey guys! i have been trying to read thru and catch up to see how everyone is doing...there's alot going on with everybody...figured i would catch you up on me since so many of you were praying for me...i ended up losing the baby. that is the 2nd miscarriage for us, we were devastated. everyone at work is pregnant, so i know it isn't going to be easy, but i am just trying to get back to normal. in the process, they have rescheduled my surgery for october 16th. so i won't be a september samurai anymore:sad_smile:...i have to restart my liquid diet. i made it thru it the last time, so hopefully i can make it thru again. good luck to you all, thank you for the prayers and good thoughts, and now, my prayers are with each of you...:confused:

I will tell you the same thing they told me, and I mean it from my heart. Once a September Samurai always a September Samurai. We will all be there for you no matter when you have your surgery.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the pain this can cause. My heart goes out to you.

You will do fantastic on the liquid Diet and October 16 is right around the corner. It will be here before you know it and you too can experience the joy of gas! :):lol: Actually, it is not all that bad and it is weird being "not hungry".

Take care sweetie GREAT BIG BEAR HUG :smile: Debbie

received my band on Monday, Sept. 22nd. I was feeling better than I thought I would, but Tuesday was rough. I finally feel pretty good today and should feel great tomorrow. I haven't had any gas pains mostly nausea and soreness in my abdomen. I was also feeling extremely sleepy. I took my dogs for a walk around the park and that felt great. I was finally able to get down a quarter cup of pureed chicken noodle Soup. I haven't been hungry but need to get something in. Other than that everything is going well and I hope it continues.

OKAY checking in here. 3 weeks today since I was banded and I am still on my liquid diet (docs orders). Coping remarkably well considering. I lost 7kg or 16lb in the first 17 days. I have been getting 60-80gm of Protein a day via powders added to shakes and Soups. My calorific intake has been aprox 900 per day and I have used up 360 cals per day by the aqua aerobics that I have been doing daily since Moday this week. WHY OH WHY!!! have I put in 1.5 kg or approx 3lb this week! I feel a bit pissed off that I have gone through all this and I am putting weight on!!!

Bye DEB

Deb, you're putting on weight, because you're building muscle. Did you take your measurements before your surgery? It's never to late. When you go thru things like this, measure, because from an experienced friend of mine locally, one week you'll see good weight loss, the next the inches catch up. She's been right with me. I'm stuck at 231, for 3 days now (i'm 9 days post op), and I measured. I've lost nearly 2 inches total this week alone.

Teri

I had my band on the 2nd and I am just now starting to get hungery on a regular basis. I talked to my Dr and he said that means I am healed. So I have my 1st fill on 10/1. So that means by next weekend I can start eating real food again. Oh to be able to really chew again. I don't really need teeth for the things I have been eating these last 2 weeks. But, all of my gas has finally moved on. I thought that pain would never end.

I have never been so excited to start taking classes at the gym. I just found out that my gym has a regular Zumba class. I hear that it is really fun.

Keep up the good work everyone...I know I am proud of myself, so you should all be proud of yourselves.

Nayray, I am so sorry to hear of your lost. I know how you feel. My thoughts go out to you. And I wish you all the best with your surgery.

GOOD LUCK with your fill on the first. I'll see my surgeon that day too, but not for a fill. It's my first follow up with him since my surgery. So I'll be thinking of you. And lucky me, I get to stay there all day, as my twins have check ups that day as well, two hours later. I'll bring my Protein Shake (will be there thru lunch) and get the boys some mc d's. No problem not eating that junk.

Teri

Hi Samauris!

It's been awhile. I'm feeling great since my surgery on the 4th and down 21 pounds!

Nayray- I'm so sorry to hear about what has been going on with you. I'm glad you've got another date though.

a2bachik I totally know what you mean -- I've totally got my appetite back. I'm still on mushies for another week. My first fill isn't for another month because I'll be out of town.

One thing I'm totally glad about is that my Bariatric group requires psych visits. It's really helping me deal with all the changes and taking care of the real problem that got me where I am. You can lose the weight, but if you don't change your priorities to take care of yourself it'll come right back. food is like anesthesia to me and when I tried to reduce I had discomfort (pain) so eventually because I didn't take care of the pain correctly I reached for more anesthesia.... Vicious cycle. So I'm going to take care of this pain instead of just escaping from it!

Knowing that I can go through this with all of you who understand what this is like really helps.

Good luck to everyone on their journey!

Hi all. First I wanted to say to NayRay that I am so sorry for you loss. I know words cannot express what you are going through. I hope that you are able to find the peace to deal with everything.

I am 4 days post op and decided to schedule an appointment with a counselor. I am already starting to deal with head hunger. I am not physically hungry, but my mind wants something NOW. I want to try to nip this in the bud before it becomes a problem later on. I recognize what part head hunger played in getting me to this point to begin with. I have been trying to keep a journal to help me see what exactly I am feeling that causes me to want to medicate that feeling with food. I can see it, but I don't know how to fix it on my own. I hope that anyone else that has felt this way has figured out a way to cope without turning to food.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Alisa_S

Saw my PCP & officially started my 6 month supervised diet 07/26/24. She just told me to eat less carbs & sugar, use the air fryer and not fry my foods in grease, and to try to walk 30 minutes 3 days a week & if I can't do that (and I cannot), to walk 10 minutes daily. Told me to walk fast enough that my heart rate is raised.  She didn't give me a number as far as calories though. A year or so ago I was doing low carb/sugar free and keeping my calories at 1800 or below. She said I should up my cals to 2000 at that time, so that's what I'm shooting for now.
      Hubby walked with me today. He's in pretty bad shape so I was surprised he wanted to. We walked down the gravel road at a pretty good pace (for us LOL). 10 minutes walking and my heart rate was 115bps according to my Fitbit and 125bps according to his pulsometer. Either way, it was elevated and I was breathing hard. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a start. We'll do it again tomorrow. 😁
      I should be hearing from the surgeon soon. She said if I didn't, to call him next week. Since I HAVE to do the 6 month diet & that's going to put me into January by the time it's done, I'm hoping the surgeon will let me do all my testing in January. I don't want to do it all now and have my deductible get met, only to have to pay the deductible again in January or February for my surgery. Praying that things go the way I hope. 🙏
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches