Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

Banded on the 16th, can't stay off the scale. I have lost a total of 11 pounds, 8 since surgery. I will try my best to stay off the scale until tomorrow. Then, I am trying to stick with once a week. It is just so exciting to see the scale moving downward, everytime I go to the bathroom, I hop on the scale. I am really sick of cottage cheese. One of my favorite foods is turning into a non-favorite. On Tuesday, I will start eating soft solids. I am looking forward to that so I can have eggs and fish and chicken.

The soreness is much better today. I am trying to stay up all day and not take a nap. I need to keep my energy level up. I had the weirdest dream last night. I was at a buffet and was choosing the right foods. Everytime I put my plate down, it disappeared. I would get a new plate and it would disappear. It was really strange. I never did get to eat anything, All I was trying to eat was grilled chicken and mushrooms and broccoli. I just never could get a plate of food in front of me. What does this mean?

Last night, my DH was going to the store and asked if I wanted anything. I told him filet of fish, fries and a sweet tea. He talked about getting me some fries and putting them in the blender. No thank you. I have my first challenge next Saturday. I am going to a picnic. Last year it was catered and they had a variety of foods, including fried whitefish. I figure if I take the breading off, I should be able to eat the fish. I will also eat some veggies. By then, I will be on solids for a few days, so I should do okay.

I am hoping to be one of those people who loses 20 pounds the first two weeks. I need to see my weight come off pretty quickly for the first few months. I'm walking and plan to start back at the gym on the treadmill this week. I can't wait to get back to my weight training class. Now, I should really be able to see results.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

My suggestion for the picnic, go prepared. Take some food with you and some Snacks. It is still so early, it would be a shame to get there, find nothing soft and mushy to eat. Could be a disaster. Good Luck Debbie

I am finally on my liquid diet. 9 more days till my surgery on September 30th. I wish I was further along like most of you. This clear liquid diet has sucked. The past few days trying to stay caffeine free has been awful. I had to give in since I had such a horrible headache and medicine wasn't working. Since then I have been better but crave to chew things.

Poor Baby - I had to give up Diet Pepsi, I feel your pain, in the head that is :biggrin:

My suggestion, wein yourself off. Cold Turkey is painful. You have a few days to get off slow, maybe just a little and then a little less each day. Don't beat yourself up, just keep trying. Caffeine is a strong drug. No wonder people drink so much coffee.< /p>

Take care. You can do it.

ARE YOU ON CLEAR LIQUID THIS SOON - you poor poor thing. I just noticed that. I have been on two protien drinks and a small dinner for a few weeks, even longer since they rescheduled me. Tomorrow is Clear Liquids. I have LOTS of Crystal Light, sugar free Jello and Sugar Free Popsicles.

Hang in there. You can do it. Huggs :girl_hug: Debbie

Clear liquids suck. Thankfully that was only for me the day of my surgery. The next morning I could have anything I can suck thru a straw, minus the straw.

Teri

Yes, I am supposed to do a clear liquid diet with Protein Shakes three times a day. It is normally 10 days but the doctor wanted me to start the same day that I saw him for my pre-op appointment which makes it 12 days. I can also have sugar free Jello and sugar free fruit popsicles.

Don't you just love those Sugar Free Popsicles!!!! :smile2:

Okay, I will quit complaining that I have to do clear liquids for 3 days, even if Teri got full liquids the next day....:sneaky:

But I guess it will make me that much more thankfull for the full liquids, which include baby fruit and cream of wheat. And to make sure I took little bites, I purchased toddler spoons. Okay, maybe overboard, but I just want to do this right. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE, I AM PLAYING BY THE RULES, TO THE LETTER :biggrin: Debbie

Oh - do they weight us at the hospital. I AM SOOOOO READY TO STEP ON THAT SCALE!!! :girl_hug:

Debbie you don't want to go on that scale after surgery at the hospital, they are pumping IV Fluid in you. You will come home probably 5-6 lbs heavier then the morning of the surgery.

It will go away fast though.

Hello everyone,

Well I have one more day. My surgery is scheduled for Tues. Sept 23. Not sure what time yet. They are suppose to call me Mon afternoon to let me know what time. I am sooo nervous but soooo ready. I finally told my immediate family this weekend. This weekend was hard for me but I actually did pretty good. My birthday was Sat and of course everyone wanted to take me out to eat because that is the way we Celebrate in my family. I went but I took my Protein Shake and drank it while everyone else ate. It was hard but I did it. Must remeber my long term goal to keep me focused. I am nervous about my liver. I have lost 10 pounds on my pre-op diet. I guess having read the liver horror stories I am just anxious. Trying to keep myself calm.

Good for you bringing your Protein Shake to your birthday party! I was just banded last Thursday Sept 18th, Friday was a breeze but Saturday was a rough day. Lots of gas. Don't think you will weigh less when you get home fromt the hospital. I weighed 9 pounds more! From the 4000 cc of IV fluids they pumped into me as I had to be NPO until then next day. Today I've lost those 9 pounds plus a few more. My surgeon is big on fluids, so I came home before noon the next day only on clear liquids and slowly start on full liquids today for another 10 days to 2 weeks. I'm still sore today but taking Tylenol(liquids) only and that is working. Hang in there!

Hello everyone,

Well I have one more day. My surgery is scheduled for Tues. Sept 23. Not sure what time yet. They are suppose to call me Mon afternoon to let me know what time. I am sooo nervous but soooo ready. I finally told my immediate family this weekend. This weekend was hard for me but I actually did pretty good. My birthday was Sat and of course everyone wanted to take me out to eat because that is the way we Celebrate in my family. I went but I took my Protein Shake and drank it while everyone else ate. It was hard but I did it. Must remeber my long term goal to keep me focused. I am nervous about my liver. I have lost 10 pounds on my pre-op diet. I guess having read the liver horror stories I am just anxious. Trying to keep myself calm.

Welcome Band Day Buddy! I am also on the 23rd. :girl_hug:

Excellent planning on Sat, I think we might to do that from now on.:biggrin:

Do you have a clear liquid day tomorrow? I have to be at the hospital at 5:30am, which may not be a problem since I WON'T sleep ANYWAY. Trust in your liver, it is our friend, even if it does have the you know what scared out of us. I am worried about my liver too. But I have to trust that everything will be okay. Take care, let me know how you are doing. Huggs Debbie

We are almost there...................

Janine. You are so right about the scale. I gained 5 lbs. from the time I had my surgery till the next morning. I know I didn't really and luckily I had read on here that would happen. I know it will be gone soon. Becky

Debbie you don't want to go on that scale after surgery at the hospital, they are pumping IV Fluid in you. You will come home probably 5-6 lbs heavier then the morning of the surgery.

It will go away fast though.

Janine, I think I will sneak to the receiving dock tomorrow morning and when the "guys" are not looking --- at least I know it is accurate, even if it does have a HUGE display. I just have to know, I have worked so hard.

I just need to get to sleep tonight. I am so wound up I may never sleep again! Debbie :girl_hug:

I was not weighed that morning, but I weighed myself at home. I only gained 3 pounds, but lost it in 24 hours. My iv was a bad one, and couldn't handle fast fluids, so they had to go slowly :rolleyes2: There are benefits to having poor veins. The sleeping meds usually hurt, but not last week. :girl_hug: I'm at the point where my port is starting to bug me, but that's it.

Not so much that I'm hungry, but i am starting to daydream about "healthy" foods. eggs, chicken, etc. Not chocolate. I'm ready to give that up for a while. The only Protein that I like is chocolate. I had "Hot" chocolate Protein Shake this morning for Breakfast. I don't like what I can have yet for breakfast.

Teri

Hey fellow samurai's-

I just got banded Sept 18. I had a small complication at the hosp and had to stay about 36 hours 12 of which were in ICU. Better now, glad to be home. I feel hungry, my doctor said I was mistaking belly growls as hunger, but it is gas. I am not so sure about that. I can't wait for a bite of mashed potato or scrambled egg. I am trying to remain positive. I wish I could fast forward to week 6:)

Tina

I was not weighed that morning, but I weighed myself at home. I only gained 3 pounds, but lost it in 24 hours. My iv was a bad one, and couldn't handle fast fluids, so they had to go slowly :) There are benefits to having poor veins. The sleeping meds usually hurt, but not last week. :) I'm at the point where my port is starting to bug me, but that's it.

Not so much that I'm hungry, but i am starting to daydream about "healthy" foods. eggs, chicken, etc. Not chocolate. I'm ready to give that up for a while. The only Protein that I like is chocolate. I had "Hot" chocolate Protein Shake this morning for breakfast. I don't like what I can have yet for breakfast.

Teri

Well I did get on the scale at work, but I didn't like the number. It was good, not great. I cannot believe you can eat so little and not loose faster, but as I have said, I am in it for the health. Sorry about breakfast, I may have that problem too, my protien is chocolate so I am stuck. Oh well, it was the best tasting one I could find.

Take care Debbie

ttyson70

So sorry you had problems. I hope you are doing great and up and around soon Debbie :redface:

Had surgery on Monday. I feel like crap.

I had a hard time coming out of anithesia(mispelled). I ended up staying 5 hours after surgery.

Got very light headed. Came home and slept mostly. Got my clear liquids down....sometimes 1oz was too much.

Today Im hurting on my belly. The port incision has a bigger bandage and not sure if its still bleeding but it was at the hospital. Its actually hard to bend over.

2 oz is hard to eat..very hard. So I dont push. I just feel FULL. So werid but I do.

Im very suprised how weak and achy I am. I thought I was wonderwoman and usually have a high pain tolerance.

My book says I can take Aleve along with my pain meds...which Ive been faithly taking. Then says I can take GasX. Getting ready to try that here soon.

Wondered how all you were doin post op? I thought Id come out feel greeeeeeeeeeeat. lol

I feel so tight right where you would give the hemilich manuver. That must be the band.