Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Don't We Give A Little Update Where We're At

Congratulations dal. It sounds like things are going great for you!! Keep up the good work and keep us posted. I go in at 8 tomorrow morning to get my band. I'll let you all know how it goes. I'm ready. Been in Houston for a week and 2 days now - that is enough. I want my band and I want to go home. Becky

I'm thinking of you Becky.

Hugs

teri

I was banded yesterday September 18th. Doing pretty good. Some pain in neck and shoulder but warm compresses and walking helps a lot! My Surgeon is big on liquids so I lost 16 pounds on my pre op diet, now on Clear Liquids for 2 days, then full liquids for 10 days, then I start pureed foods. I'm really not hungry at all! It surprises me. Maybe all that gas deters you from feeling hungry!

I was banded yesterday September 18th. Doing pretty good. Some pain in neck and shoulder but warm compresses and walking helps a lot! My Surgeon is big on liquids so I lost 16 pounds on my pre op diet, now on clear liquids for 2 days, then full liquids for 10 days, then I start pureed foods. I'm really not hungry at all! It surprises me. Maybe all that gas deters you from feeling hungry!

Congrats on your surgery! Awesome job on the pre-op diet!:thumbup:

I was banded on Sept.5th. I have started walking on the treadmill for 40 minutes this week. I am still on liquids for another day or so...

I am down 23 pounds now and feeling great. My incisions are healing nicely and three you can hardly see at all.

Take care Samurai's

I was banded on Sept 4.Well this week I went back to work and found myself still a little tired by the end of the day.

I've been walking a lot as we have a pretty large building and also my bf's sister gave us a total gym. I tried some exercises yesterday.

We had a health fair today at work and I did a BMI screening which said I was at 36 already! I think I'll wait to weigh again until the next time I go to the dr.

Hi everybody! I have finally landed in the world of the banded!!! I had my surgery yesterday and I feel so much better than I thought I would. My gas pain is not bad, sorness not bad.... but... I have had a headache ever since my surgery. I hardly ever get headaches... but sure got one now. Anyone else have this problem??? Suggestions?? You'd think since I am taking pain meds, it would go away, but it hasn't. Becky

are you a caffine drinker? Maybe you're body is missing the caffine. If it's that you just have to wait it out.

teri

I had to give up Diet Pepsi and it almost killed me. I have consumed diet cola since I was 16, way back when they first came out in the 70's. They are, I believe, the major cause of my cronic "accute gastritis". They are unbelieveably addictive. And when I went off for my band, I suffered horrific headaches. If you are a big caffine drinker and didn't wean yourself off, you might need a little coffee. I'm not saying to go off of your Dr orders, but maybe just realizing that it is caffine might help. Debbie

I had mu surgery on the 16 and spent the night. I was on heavy iv meds and still had a headache. They gave me tea thinking caffeine, put a wash cloth on my head, still had a headache. Respiratory came in and checked my oxygen level (I have sleep apnea) it was in the 80's not good.

Put my on a thin tube of oxygen the headache went away immediately. They think being on the pain med was relaxing my breathing too much, and I was not breathing deep enough in turn getting a headache from lack of good oxygen.

Who knows I am trying to keep the pain meds at a very low dose.

Hi Janine. I have had the same headache. Did they give you any tips on how to get rid of it?? Deep breathing?? I too am stopping the pain meds... if I am uncomfortable, I will try the liquid Tylenol. Nothing seems to get rid of this headache. I feel so good otherwise. No problems with gas and not even that sore. If you come up with anything please let me know. I can have caffine so I know it's not that. Thanks. Becky

Tomorrow is my day!

I havent stayed on my Medifast preop to a T. But Ive talked to my doc and he said he can work around it. SO that eases my mind.

Im having so many emotions right now though..tryin to sort through those this morning.

Im scared for one...never have had a surgery. lol Im ready to start this new way of life. This past week Ive noticed all the 'bad' things my kids are snacking ona nd IM just ready to introduce not only me but my whole family to new things....and Im thankful my girls are young enough and not so set int their junkfood way.s

Im scared for one...never have had a surgery.

Don't be scared. Laproscopic surgery isn't really bad. I have had two so far and was ok within a couple of days. You will do fine. If you can handle childbirth, you can handle this. Piece of cake. Good luck to you.

Banded on the 16th, can't stay off the scale. I have lost a total of 11 pounds, 8 since surgery. I will try my best to stay off the scale until tomorrow. Then, I am trying to stick with once a week. It is just so exciting to see the scale moving downward, everytime I go to the bathroom, I hop on the scale. I am really sick of cottage cheese. One of my favorite foods is turning into a non-favorite. On Tuesday, I will start eating soft solids. I am looking forward to that so I can have eggs and fish and chicken.

The soreness is much better today. I am trying to stay up all day and not take a nap. I need to keep my energy level up. I had the weirdest dream last night. I was at a buffet and was choosing the right foods. Everytime I put my plate down, it disappeared. I would get a new plate and it would disappear. It was really strange. I never did get to eat anything, All I was trying to eat was grilled chicken and mushrooms and broccoli. I just never could get a plate of food in front of me. What does this mean?

Last night, my DH was going to the store and asked if I wanted anything. I told him filet of fish, fries and a sweet tea. He talked about getting me some fries and putting them in the blender. No thank you. I have my first challenge next Saturday. I am going to a picnic. Last year it was catered and they had a variety of foods, including fried whitefish. I figure if I take the breading off, I should be able to eat the fish. I will also eat some veggies. By then, I will be on solids for a few days, so I should do okay.

I am hoping to be one of those people who loses 20 pounds the first two weeks. I need to see my weight come off pretty quickly for the first few months. I'm walking and plan to start back at the gym on the treadmill this week. I can't wait to get back to my weight training class. Now, I should really be able to see results.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

weight.png

I am finally on my liquid diet. 9 more days till my surgery on September 30th. I wish I was further along like most of you. This clear liquid diet has sucked. The past few days trying to stay caffeine free has been awful. I had to give in since I had such a horrible headache and medicine wasn't working. Since then I have been better but crave to chew things.