Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

newbie here from Indiana

Hi !

Anyone out there from Indiana? I am on my 5th day of the fast. I am going to be banded Sept 9 in Cincinnati with Dr Chase Curry. I'm so excited to finally begin to lose weight! I love all of his staff and they have been very helpful! Can't wait to get this show on the road!:biggrin:

Not from Indiana, but welcome anyway!

Indiana here just across from Lousiville, Ky! Was banded on March 14, 08. And have lost 50 fabulous pounds!!!!!!!! Best wishes on your journey.

I am from Southern Indiana and I also went to Dr. Curry. My surgery was a few days ago. I hope your surgery goes as smoothly as mine did, and that the ride home isn't too painful. Are you staying overnight?

:rolleyes2:Hey Maribelle!

Yes, we are staying overnight at the Drury Inn near the surgery center. I am gathering up all the things I need to stay in a hotel! Will I be drugged a lot and feel sleepy? I hope I have a smoothe return to everything, most people I talk to have. Did you lose much before surgery? What kinds of things did you have after surgery, Erin said Clear Liquids so I called her yesterday for some ideas.

Thanks

susan

It is exciting that your surgery will be here so soon! Yes, I was pretty drugged up and I slept most of the first day. Make sure you bring a few pillows and a blanket to help you get in a comfortable position on the way home, as you may pretty sore at your incision sites for a few days. I lost eight lbs. before surgery, but I only did the Medifast for 5 out of the 7 days I was supposed to. My surgery went fine, just a little nausea afterward but the prescription meds got rid of it. I also pulled a stitch the 2nd day moving around in bed, trying to find a comfortable position, but that is already feeling better, too. I've been mostly drinking Water, but I've had some pureed bean Soup, some oatmeal, ice cream, and refried Beans and they have all gone down fine. It is just a challenge for me to remember to eat tiny little portions. I was REALLY hungry the first day, but now I'm not hungry very much at all. Let me know how it goes for you!

Hey Thanks for all the great tips Maribelle. I have two friends taking me and I was hoping they could shop all day while I am recuperating in the hotel, so its nice to know I can sleep! And thanks for the trip home info, you just don't know these kind of things! I just finished day 6 of the fast. I had the chicken cream Soup for dinner, probabley the only thing I haven't really liked. thanks for letting me know also what you are eating. I have to get my

BMI up soon and my picture. I have to get one of my kids to help me cause I'm not too good at uploading! Do you go to the support groups? I may try to go sometime.

susan:cool2:

I'm glad you like most of the Medifast stuff. I would just end up not eating instead of eating it b/c it grossed me out. I'm glad that part is over! I haven't been to any support groups yet. I might, but things seem so busy with a one year old and a full load of graduate classes. But if I need the extra help, I think I will find a way to make time. I hope your kids can help you get your pic on. That sounds like a great plan for your friends. Then they won't be bothering you if you are feeling tired.

Maribelle, I'm with you. I have ended up not eating alot of the time because I don't care for Medifast food. I can tolerate the banana pudding, the shakes and the bars but the food, especially those gross eggs, I cannot stomach. I think I may be living on about 400 calories a day and have eaten so much Jello, I'm sick of it and now I'm chomping on sf popcicles. :rolleyes: Surgery is Tuesday...can't wait! :) How are you doing after banding?

I'm glad you like most of the Medifast stuff. I would just end up not eating instead of eating it b/c it grossed me out. I'm glad that part is over! I haven't been to any support groups yet. I might, but things seem so busy with a one year old and a full load of graduate classes. But if I need the extra help, I think I will find a way to make time. I hope your kids can help you get your pic on. That sounds like a great plan for your friends. Then they won't be bothering you if you are feeling tired.

Hey you guys!

I am starting to get sick of the medifast foods also. I have only one more week so I am going to grin and bear it. Someone told me the chicken and rice is good so I may go and get some of that. Dr. Currys office is too far so I may get some from another place here in Indy. I think I have lost about 10 pounds on my first week. Gotta remeber not to take any anti inflammatories from here on out! And no hormones! Yuck I am turning into a bear! They did tell me that I could supplement soy isoflavones and wild yam.

Hope everyone is doing good!

Susan:angry: