Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my seminar yesterday (8-28-08) and all went well. I am scheduled for some pre-operative tests next week and will have a date to "realize" my potential soon after that! Im getting kinda jittery and nervous already but I am wayyyyyy looking forward to getting the procedure completed. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes::scared2::biggrin::scared2::tt2:

Good Luck! This was the best decision I ever made. Everything happens quickly. You will be "realized" before you know it!

good luck with your pre op i had mine today now have a pre op milk diet to do for a week then being banded seems like a long wait but finally there, im feeling kinda excited/nervous hardest thing is trying not to smoke

Good luck! I'm a very new Bandster (just this morning) but the surgery wasn't bad, I'm sitting her 10 hours post op at home with no (absolutely no) pain med on board and feeling like I did a few too many situps is all. Not so bad...drawing on my dim memories past of having done sit ups long ago LOL

Welcome to lapbandtalk!

Good luck! I'm a very new Bandster (just this morning) but the surgery wasn't bad, I'm sitting her 10 hours post op at home with no (absolutely no) pain med on board and feeling like I did a few too many situps is all. Not so bad...drawing on my dim memories past of having done sit ups long ago LOL

Welcome to lapbandtalk!

Hello Congrats! I can't believe that you are not using any pain meds wow! I aslo wanted to ask you about your fatty liver. I am curently on the shrink your liver diet and I have been doing a couple of things wrong. I was eating canned veggies instead of steamed, I just found out yesterday that I was doing that wrong. Another thing was that I ate two helping of meat instead of the one a day that they state. I ate chicken, bbq shoulder,and 99% fat free ham. Let me tell you what they have put me on for Pre-op which started last Monday.

Breakfast-prorein shake

morning snack-fruit

Lunch-shake

Afternoon snack-fruit

dinner-3oz lean meat baked potato or two slices of light bread, salad or veggie

late snack-fruit

veggies are unlimited but no corn, potatoes,peas

Well, I wanted to share this information so that you can tell me whether I am doing something you did to have a fatty liver. I don't want my surgery to be cancelled because I messed up. Please let me know when you get some time.

Hello Congrats! I can't believe that you are not using any pain meds wow! I aslo wanted to ask you about your fatty liver. I am curently on the shrink your liver diet and I have been doing a couple of things wrong. I was eating canned veggies instead of steamed, I just found out yesterday that I was doing that wrong. Another thing was that I ate two helping of meat instead of the one a day that they state. I ate chicken, bbq shoulder,and 99% fat free ham. Let me tell you what they have put me on for Pre-op which started last Monday.

Breakfast-prorein shake

morning snack-fruit

Lunch-shake

Afternoon snack-fruit

dinner-3oz lean meat baked potato or two slices of light bread, salad or veggie

late snack-fruit

veggies are unlimited but no corn, potatoes,peas

Well, I wanted to share this information so that you can tell me whether I am doing something you did to have a fatty liver. I don't want my surgery to be cancelled because I messed up. Please let me know when you get some time.

your preop diet is very different to what i was given mine is

4 pints of milk

2 pints of other Fluid tea coffee etc

i oxo drink

and can have one jelly sugar free a day

i think the idea is if you on a very restricted diet your liver looses the fat to give more room for surgery yours sounds like a low protien diet you may be better sticking to plain chicken and fresh veg /fruit

I had my seminar yesterday (8-28-08) and all went well. I am scheduled for some pre-operative tests next week and will have a date to "realize" my potential soon after that! Im getting kinda jittery and nervous already but I am wayyyyyy looking forward to getting the procedure completed. Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::scared2::lol::scared2::lol:

Good Luck to you!!!! The time has really flown by for me. I started the process the first week of June with an information seminar and will be banded the first week of September.

NinaWoo I sent you a PM so we wouldn't take over the thread! :smile:

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. Time passes so quickly afterwards, you will be looking back over the last year of being banded before you know it :0)

Thanks peeps, My doctor said I could do the "liver shrink" diet if I wanted to, but didnt insist, He said it would make it easier for him to get "in" me laproscopicly, he did say however that I could loose 70lbs and still be a candidate for banding :). I guess 350 on a 6'04 frame is wayyyyyyyyyy to high, LOL. He said that if I was 5'04 I would be miserable at 350 but I "carry" it well? geez I told him that 230 was all I was doing (god willing) I couldnt imagine me at 185 like the "chart" says I'm supposed to be. Anyway thanks for all the words of encouragement and I will be posting some before pics soon.:rolleyes:

Bye

Have all of my pre-op appointments scheduled for 9-12-08, I cant wait :shades_smile: should know of a surgery date then!!!!!!!

Good for you CProctor. I didn't have my surgery date until my ins was approved! I love the band!

Had tp postpone until the 19th, couldn't fit all of my pre-op stuff into one day until then,,,,will keep you posted.

All went good today, had psyc eval and dietitian, pulmonologist and cardiologist meetings today. Im on for the 29th!!!!!! cant wait.:thumbup::w00t::):w00t: