Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

;) lol..reason #413 for me not to run...can you imagine the ex boyfriends that would crawl out from under the rocks???

Right?!? I'm guessing that at least a couple I would not want their faces next to mine on a TV. <shuddering>

Seriously, in this day of tabloids and the internet, I can't imagine why anyone would want to run for the Presidency. I wish that Colin Powell would've run but, God love her, I absolutely agree with his wife for putting her foot down. I worry sometimes that "they" only run for the power and not to help our country (which is why I believe in term limits for Congress)!

Complete topic change: How great was it that Bill Clinton and Bush Sr. put politics aside to help others? I thought that was beyond cool. Ugh, why am I still awake? 2:10am, nite!

The increased taxation on corporations, who would in turn pass the tax on to the consumers in the form of higher prices, would likely negate any tax cuts he would give.

Our problem in the US is not that taxes are too low, but spending is too high (and bureaucracy is, by nature, inefficient). If we increase taxes and increase spending, we will end up right back where we are (but worse). Bush failed to decrease spending to go along with his tax cuts. Both are desperately needed.

AMEN, sister, amen! People that are not in business drive me crazy that they don't realize corps aren't going to just suck up a tax increase. Are they going to lower their CEO's salary? Not bloody likely!!! I also think that folks whining about taxes (like, um, myself at times) need to check out other "industrialized" countries' taxes. Cha-ching!

Edited by SickNTired
to include gadget's quote

When is your surgery date?

Oops...I see it!

OK, I've been hunting around and I finally found it.

I have been so sick of people saying that McCain misrepresented Obama's vote on sex ed in kindergarten. I finally found the SIECUS (Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States) guidelines on what should be taught in a comprehensive K-12 sex ed class. The document is 112 pages long :) so I will excerpt a few things from Level 1 (early elementary, ages 5-8) only. You can find a link to the .pdf document at PajamaHadin go down a little more than 1/2 way and click on SIECUS.

Here it is. "Age-appropriate" sex ed starting in kindergarten (I have culled this down a lot):

• Each body part has a correct name and a specific function.

• A person’s genitals, reproductive organs, and genes determine whether the person is male or female.

• A boy/man has nipples, a penis, a scrotum, and testicles.

• A girl/woman has breasts, nipples, a vulva, a clitoris, a vagina, a uterus, and ovaries.

• Some sexual or reproductive organs, such as penises and vulvas, are external or on the outside of the body while others, such as ovaries and testicles, are internal or inside the body.

• Both boys and girls have body parts that feel good when touched.

• Men and women have specific cells in their bodies (sperm cells and egg cells) that enable them to reproduce.

• Reproduction requires that a sperm and egg join.

• Vaginal intercourse – when a penis is placed inside a vagina – is the most common way for a sperm and egg to join.

• Human beings can love people of the same gender and people of another gender.

• Some people are heterosexual, which means they can be attracted to and fall in love with someone of another gender.

• Some people are homosexual, which means they can be attracted to and fall in love with someone of the same gender.

• Homosexual men and women are also known as gay men and lesbians.

• Bodies can feel good when touched.

• Touching and rubbing one’s own genitals to feel good is called masturbation.

• Some boys and girls masturbate and others do not.

• Masturbation should be done in a private place.

• People often kiss, hug, touch, and engage in other sexual behaviors with one another to show caring and to feel good.

• Both girls and boys may discover that their bodies feel good when touched.

• Human beings have natural, physical responses to sexual stimulation.

• During puberty, boys and girls may become more aware of their responses to sexual stimulation.

;) This is not "age-appropriate" for 5-8 year olds! Furthermore, this is not the bland "we're going to teach them that pedophiles shouldn't be touching their private parts" curriculum that Obama and the liberal media have been claiming the Illinois bill called for. As much as virtually every website you visit will say McCain misrepresented the facts on this one, he did not.

Here is the SNL clip

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3Zxq078ns]YouTube - Tina Fey As Sarah Palin On SNL- 09/13/08- Michael Phelps Hosts[/ame]

Darn it, they removed it. Never mind

Edited by babygrl1234

from The NY Times...questions for Mrs. Palin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/10/opinion/10dowd.html?_r=1&ei=5070&emc=eta1&oref=slogin

- What kind of budget-cutter makes a show of getting rid of the state plane, then turns around and bills taxpayers for the travel of her husband and kids between Juneau and Wasilla and sticks the state with a per-diem tab to stay in her own home?

- Why was Sarah for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against the Bridge to Nowhere, and why was she for earmarks before she was against them? And doesn’t all this make her just as big a flip-flopper as John Kerry?

- What kind of fiscal conservative raises taxes and increases budgets in both her jobs — as mayor and as governor?

- When the phone rings at 3 a.m., will she call the Wasilla Assembly of God congregation and ask them to pray on a response, as she asked them to pray for a natural gas pipeline?

- Does she really think Adam, Eve, Satan and the dinosaurs mingled on the earth 5,000 years ago?

- Why put out a press release about her teenage daughter’s pregnancy and then spend the next few days attacking the press for covering that press release?

- As Troopergate unfolds here — an inquiry into whether Palin inappropriately fired the commissioner of public safety for refusing to fire her ex-brother-in-law — it raises this question: Who else is on her enemies list and what might she do with the F.B.I.?

- Does she want a federal ban on trans fat in restaurants and a ban on abortion and Harry Potter? And which books exactly would have landed on the literature bonfire if she had had her way with that Wasilla librarian?

- Just how is it that Fannie and Freddie have cost taxpayers money (since they haven’t yet)?

- Does she talk in tongues or just eat caribou tongues?

- What does she have against polar bears?

LOL Tina Fey as Sarah Palin was hilarious..I laughed a lot. I'm glad I saw it.

GREAT article on the "Bridge to Nowhere". If you are truly interested in the answer to this question, I suggest reading this article in full (the reason I say that is because I find people who oppose someone often prefer to complain about something that has a rational, explainable answer, rather than seek the truth):

A Tale of Two Bridges by Deroy Murdock on National Review Online

Edited by gadgetlady

SNL was hilarious. Tina Fey looked almost exactly like Palin.

Welcome sickntired. I share you sentiments.

See also TUBOB: Fake Governor Sarah Palin Quotes, which says at the bottom,

Disclaimer: She didn't actually say these things - I made them up. But thanks for all the visits.

One of the suppposed "quotes" from Palin is:

God made dinosaurs 4,000 years ago as ultimately flawed creatures, lizards of Satan really, so when they died and became petroleum products we, made in his perfect image, could use them in our pickup trucks, snow machines and fishing boats.

Let me say it again, lest anyone is skimming. THIS IS A FALSE QUOTE, MADE UP BY A LIBERAL BLOGGER, and yet people reference it like it is real.

My understanding of the whole "book banning" brouhaha is that it arose from a parent of a small child who took home a book from the library that the parent found objectionable. The parent asked the mayor, Palin, about the matter, and Palin asked the librarian how she would respond if someone asked her to remove a particular book from the library. She did not ask to have the book removed, and the ridiculous list that's spreading around the internet of books she supposedly wanted banned is transparently ludicrous: it contains books that weren't yet published at the time the incident occurred.

I am most definitely ready for Sarah!!

I don't know where you got the story about Palin asking the librarian how to ban a book because someone's child brought home a objectional reading material, but I believe it was a story put out by the Republican party to try to make Palin's views seem more acceptable and mainstream.

I saw the Librarian interviewed in person and watched her tell the real story about what happened. Don't be taken in by the political spin-masters.

Palin doesn't believe in evolution, believes that creationism should be taught in schools, believes that the chant "drill, drill, drill" is a perfect one for America. She's about as far right wing as she can get. I will do everything in my power to keep her from becoming the Vice President of the United States of America... land of the free, home of the brave.

We had a guy, Stockwell Day, who believed in Creationism run for Prime Minister of Canada a few years ago. He had been elected head of one of our two major parties but the electorate didn't take him seriously after the media kept saying that Stockwell was a guy who believed that The Flintstones was a documentary. He and his party were soundly trounced.

I have a degree in biology and I believe in creation and God