Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

I've just read the last few posts and I'm shocked! I thought everyone had learned the truth about Obama by now. It's been all over the news and in every paper you can pick up. All the lies that have been published about him being a muslim and having "questionable" ties, etc., were lies put out by the Karl Roves of this country. Read more, learn more, don't accept the Republican right wing propaganda - some of which is referenced above.

If you believe the lies it tells me that you aren't wanting to know the truth - you're wanting to believe the guilt propaganda that the Repblicans use to make you do their will. Well, why wouldn't it work on you, it works in the core of our country, our churches.

Doesn't the fact that they lied, used bald faced lies published in full page ads in important newspapers about John Kerry, convince you of what the extremists in the Republican party are capable of?

John Kerry actually did serve his country and actually did receive medals that he fully deserved for his heroic deeds during the Vietnam war. How you can condone those people doing what they did to a true American hero is beyond me, and that behavior should be considered grounds for imprisonment as far as I'm concerned. Instead you people jump on their bandwagon and lap up their dishonesty and call it being patriotic.

You embrace the Republican party when they pull the ridiculous tactic of appointing an extremist right wing person to the Vice Presidency. If Amerians don't stand up against this kind of evil political manuvering, I will be not only surprised, I will be devastated.

The Republicans have done all they can to capitalize on the fact that Americans were raised on guilt. They use that very tactic against you. They cause you to want to join in their efforts because they've convinced you that abortion is evil and that if you don't agree, surely God will strike you down in this life or the next. In order to get their people elected, they've used this single issue to infiltrate our Churches and have even our priests and ministers to try to convince you they are good and right and that you should vote for them.

Why can't you see that they are greedy, greedy, people who want to control things so that they can continue to make the enormous sums of money that they've made throughout the past 8 years. They are panicked not because they fear Obama or how he was raised, or even that he doesn't think that the government should involve itself in the abortion issue.

They are panicked because if Obama is elected, he will do all he can to stop the huge subsidies to mega-wealthy oil companies and other corporations that they benefit from. He will do all he can to ensure that they pay their fair share of taxes instead of having that tax burden fall on you. YOU! (Unless you make more than $250,000 a year - and then you'd still only be expected to pay your fair share instead of getting the tax breaks the wealthy citizens have enjoyed under Bush)

They use guilt. They question our patriotism. They use fear. And you people think it is about those emotional issues. It isn't. It is about greed. Do you know that Exxon Oil has made more profits in this past year than any company in the history of the world? And you're paying more at the pump. And your Republican President backs the oil companies' plans for more and more drilling with a token effort at researching alternative plans for oil independence.

As for McCain being a maverick. Yeah, choosing Palin looked a little off from the norm, but you know as well as I that she was chosen for him. And the maverick McCain that once was, is no more. He's sold out and sold out big. If you want change (and I perhaps many of you do not), then you shouldn't vote for McCain. He was a big part of the reason things have been done the way they have been done in Congress for many years. To think that at age 72 the man is going to bring about big changes is just unrealistic.

But if you don't do anything else, learn the truth about Obama. Stop believing the scare mongers and the dishonest people who only seek to fool you. They do not have your best interests at heart.

Very very well written! During the last election, I was SHOCKED to see how the Republicans spun Kerry's service for our country. How is serving our great country EVER a bad thing???

I also love how the Republicans scare everyone with the "Democrats will increase your taxes" when the national debt has increased horribly under the Bush presidencies. Even some staunch Republican friends of mine are livid about the way Bush spends money on this war. (PS - I support the fair tax initiative re: taxes.) The only thing I've supported that Bush has done is to get rid of the inheritance tax. The fact that farmers et al have lost their familial homesteads because they couldn't pay the inheritance tax really chaps me.

I'm only on p. 13 so maybe this has already been discussed. Something I would like for people to also think about during this election is that the President nominates Supreme Court Justices. Dubya has already gotten in 2 conservative justices; I do not want additional ones nominated to then really sway the Supreme Court! Eek.

Lastly, Speaker Nancy Pelosi was on the "The View" this year. Joy asked her why she hadn't brought Bush up on impeachment charges like the Republicans did with Clinton. She said something to the effect that the country was divided enough; she felt that spending all of that money to go through the investigation was not in the country's best interest. To quote LilMiss Diva, "Mm'kay?"

PS - I too am a Poli Sci undergrad, gadgetlady, so step off with the condescension, pls.

Edited by SickNTired

I read an interesting commentary about liberals vs. conservatives that basically went along the lines of: when conservatives lose, the look at the reasons they lost and try to evaluate their message to see where it's flawed; when liberals lose, they blame it on lies and trickery, and never look at their message to see why it didn't convince. It's all a conspiracy theory; there couldn't possibly be something actually wrong with the message.

Here's a fascinating article out of the UK as to why Obama is having trouble: Barack Obama the speechmaker is being rumbled | Gerard Baker - Times Online

I also love how the Republicans scare everyone with the "Democrats will increase your taxes" when the national debt has increased horribly under the Bush presidencies. Even some staunch Republican friends of mine are livid about the way Bush spends money on this war. (PS - I support the fair tax initiative re: taxes.) The only thing I've supported that Bush has done is to get rid of the inheritance tax. The fact that farmers et al have lost their familial homesteads because they couldn't pay the inheritance tax really chaps me.

So, to clarify, are you in favor of the increase in taxes in all areas but the death tax?

PS - I too am a Poli Sci undergrad, gadgetlady, so step off with the condescension, pls.

I apologize if I was being condescending. I do get riled up when people misrepresent facts. I generally find that people who blame Bush for everything under the sun don't understand the workings of US politics. The whole "Bush passed such-and-such law" thing is one example of such.

The Republican theory of trickle down economics just absolutely does not work. Look at our economy right now and tell me that giving tax breaks to large corporations works for all Americans. It does not work. It works to make the greedy corporate big wigs wealthier. We have seen this over and over when Republicans are in control and allow the lobbyists to run the place.

Didn't we hear about "trickle down economics" a lot during Reagan's administration? History has been awfully nice to him but I sure to remember the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer (lots of homeless network stories back then). Trivia: What movie of the 80's had the line, "Greed is good." ;) fairtax.org

I actually abhor income taxes. My job is budgeting. I'd love to get my hands on the Federal budget. 10%-buhbye!

Same thing happened with Clinton (re: blame). That's why I kind of laugh at the worry that Obama could get through a national health insurance. We're electing a prez; not a dictator!

PS = If McCain had chosen someone a helluva lot less scary to me, say Romney, I might be on a different side. I look at issues and don't just pull a party ticket. (Calm down - not suggesting anyone does.) But Mrs. Palin and I could not be less alike politically!

Edited by SickNTired

When I think of Pelosi, I remember the following:

"House Republican leaders on Tuesday challenged Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) to release a plan to lower gas prices that they say Democrats touted when they were in the minority.

“Two years ago this week, you stated that House Democrats had a ‘commonsense plan’ to ‘lower gas prices,’ ”
the letter said. “In light of the skyrocketing gasoline prices affecting working families and every sector of our struggling economy,
we are writing today to respectfully request that you reveal this ‘commonsense plan’
so we can begin work on responsible solutions to help ease this strain.”

Sadly, she couldn't deliver.

Pelosi and democrats have no plan-- just complaints."

PS = If McCain had chosen someone a helluva lot less scary to me, say Romney, I might be on a different side. I look at issues and don't just pull a party ticket. (Calm down - not suggesting anyone does.) But Mrs. Palin and I could not be less alike politically!

I don't see Palin as dramatically different from Romney (there are some differences, yes). What do you find particularly objectionable about Palin?

I have been off the site for a few weeks busy with work and so much has happened. I am absolutely ready for a women president or vice president but not Sarah Palin. Although I respect her rise in Alaska politics that is very male dominated she is not fit to be Vice President as far as we know. We know nothing about her the McCain staff has not told us. Why won't she interview with any news media. Makes me wonder what she is hiding. If she cannot stand up and be interviewed on "Meet the Press" with Tom Brokaw how is she going to handle Russia, Iran and North Korea. She is a very attractive candidate but with less than two months to the election she won't answer questions or talk without a telepromter.

Liberal here and I'm actually going to say something positive about Palin. I thought I heard that her teleprompter kept going while people were clapping (should've stopped) so she had to do the majority of her speech w/o it.

PS - reason #412 for me not to run for President....I abhor, detest, and despise my middle name so to see it typed 100M times would make majorly tick me off!!!

So, to clarify, are you in favor of the increase in taxes in all areas but the death tax?

This whole Obama is going to increase your taxes - ya if you make over $200,000 - you will have a tax increase but if you make less than that no increase in fact a credit.. 95% of the population doesn't make over $200,000 ..

PS - reason #412 for me not to run for President....I abhor, detest, and despise my middle name so to see it typed 100M times would make majorly tick me off!!!

;) lol..reason #413 for me not to run...can you imagine the ex boyfriends that would crawl out from under the rocks???

I thought I heard that her teleprompter kept going while people were clapping (should've stopped) so she had to do the majority of her speech w/o it.

It is true that she did most of the speech without a teleprompter. Which made the liberal reporting after the speech, which focused so much on the theme of "yes, she did a good job reading a great speech that someone else wrote for her off of a teleprompter" (like no other candidate has their speeches written for them and no other candidate uses a teleprompter) so laughable.

;) lol..reason #413 for me not to run...can you imagine the ex boyfriends that would crawl out from under the rocks???

Precisely why I declined to run for Congress. Not necessarily all the ex-boyfriends, but just all the crappy and stupid stuff I did when I was younger (all of which I learned from and had since changed my ways, but the revelation of which would surely have had me labeled a hypocrite).

This whole Obama is going to increase your taxes - ya if you make over $200,000 - you will have a tax increase but if you make less than that no increase in fact a credit.. 95% of the population doesn't make over $200,000 ..

The increased taxation on corporations, who would in turn pass the tax on to the consumers in the form of higher prices, would likely negate any tax cuts he would give.

Our problem in the US is not that taxes are too low, but spending is too high (and bureaucracy is, by nature, inefficient). If we increase taxes and increase spending, we will end up right back where we are (but worse). Bush failed to decrease spending to go along with his tax cuts. Both are desperately needed.