Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

see, and now i just assumed you were voting for her cause you really liked her hair....???:thumbup:

Her hair is amazing. And I'm not sure I mean that in a good way. The jury's still out on that one. :)

My question before Mcain picked a VP was how could you not vote for him with the world the way it is now. How could you choose Obahma with his little experience? Yes, he talks a good talk, but when push comes to shove and Iran has a missle pointed at Isreal who do you want to be in charge, someone who has been there or someone who wants to go and have a chat with Iran before he decides what to do. Not that has anything to do with VP, but I think she is a great choice and is not lacking all that much more experince than Ohbama.

Although we may not always agree on politics, I do share your some of your sentiments.

I think we agree more than you think - I am a dem and gotta say I am leaning to the left more than to the right.

But again - I have always been one to help other not as fortunate as myself - I have taught the same thing to my Son - I beleive in giving an hand up - which doesn't equate to giving a handout.

I can see both side - can either of them get it done - who knows...

I can't wait for the debates !!

absolutely. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime! I can't wait for the debates as well. Although I have to admit watching the ladies tear mccain a new one on the view was great post op recovery entertainment. I now envy stay st home moms ( with lipstick of course) they get to see all of the daytime action!

But again - I have always been one to help other not as fortunate as myself - I have taught the same thing to my Son - I beleive in giving an hand up - which doesn't equate to giving a handout.

I flipped on the radio yesterday and found myself listening to a report on the candidate's tax return releases. I wish I had had a pen to jot the numbers down. I don't know if I tuned in late or they didn't say it, but Palin's numbers weren't included. Excuse me if these numbers aren't 100% correct, but they're close enough to get the point across.

The Bidens donated an average of something like $339 in charitable donations each year over the past 10 years. They declared close to $400,000 (high $300's), which for the past year works out to something like 0.3% of their income. John McCain (filing alone) declared a little over $400,000 and donated $105,000 to charity (25% of his income). The Obamas -- this is the one where I get a little fuzzy on the income because it was so high -- they declared in the multiple millions in income and something like $250,000 in charitable donations. It worked out to under 10% of their income (I think it may have been 5% but honestly I can't remember exactly). But the comparison was dramatic -- with McCain giving 25% and everyone else under 10%, with the Bidens incredibly low.

While looking for the numbers on the internet (unsuccessfully), I did find multiple websites indicating that the Obamas have had pitifully low charitable donations in the past 10 years, not just percentage-wise, but monetarily (when their income was not in the millions but in the hundred-thousands, charitable donations were in the mere thousands). Some years the amount was 1%.

indigogirl I totally understand what you meant by the post that you directed towards ME. Unfortunately it was hijacked in an attempt to discredit someone else. Some people will look for a fight even in the midst of peace and understanding. As I said in an earlier post-" lord have mercy ."

BTW indigogirl I wish I was financially able to donate to charity a fraction of what each candidate has given. God bless the giver. Period.

aprilapple,

you have got to get TIVO. I just watched the View and could not believe that the ladies did what MSM should have done. I also just completed watching all the Palin interviews. She says she ready on day one but did not answer how McCain/Palin ticket would differ from Bush on the economy. I seems to me the economy is pretty important to Americans right know. They need to take her back to her undisclosed location and feed her some more talking points. I donate what I can for charity and sponsor a child with Christian Childrens Fund. I am trying to teach my son to help those who can not help themselves. I can do more being a volunteer with my church, my sons school and in politics. Regarding McCain giving so much more to charity it might because his wife is a billionaire and they live off her inheritance giving him alot more dispossable income. Biden, Obama and I am sure Palin live off their incomes from the respected jobs.

indigogirl I totally understand what you meant by the post that you directed towards ME. Unfortunately it was hijacked in an attempt to discredit someone else. Some people will look for a fight even in the midst of peace and understanding. As I said in an earlier post-" lord have mercy ."

BTW indigogirl I wish I was financially able to donate to charity a fraction of what each candidate has given. God bless the giver. Period.

Give me a break. I'm not allowed to comment on something someone said on a public post? Lord have mercy is right.

And the numbers speak for themselves.

It's interesting to compare the kid-glove treatment by the MSM of Obama and of Palin. Here's a list of questions from Charlie Gibson for Obama and for Palin. Notice a difference?

:

How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?

How does it feel to “win”?

How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?

Who will be your VP?

Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?

Will you accept public finance?

What issues is your campaign about?

Will you visit Iraq?

Will you debate McCain at a town hall?

What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

:

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?

Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?

Questions about foreign policy

-territorial integrity of Georgia

-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO

-NATO treaty

-Iranian nuclear threat

-what to do if Israel attacks Iran

-Al Qaeda motivations

-the Bush Doctrine

-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan

Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

quoted from http://theanchoressonline.com/2008/09/12/side-by-side-gibson-questions-more/

You are allowed to do what you want. Just as I am allowed to comment on people that try to pick a fight in every situation. Now there I go opening the door to a confrontation- how do I fall for such tricks?! :April backs out of the door slowly while looking for an innocence bystanding poster to throw out in front on her as a diversion :

You know, it's interesting when a factual presentation is characterized as "trying to pick a fight". Respond to the issues. Address the issues, don't attack the person presenting them. When you attack the person, your argument shows itself to be baseless.

"Dear diary, recent events have led me to believe that some people can't take a hint. I don't want to address them much less any issues that they may present, factual or otherwise. It is good to see that some of my sentiments ( attack the issues) from my earlier posts have caught on. However, I can't help but ask the age old question " how do you shoo a fly?" Thanks Diary for listening.

I am so sick of this pro-life pro-abortion crap! Why are we still fighting this battle? Of course women have the right to choose. They have the right to choose not to have sex, or use birth control if they are. It is a human life we are talking about! NO one is suggesting that women who suffer from rape (which can avoid pregnancy with a DNC) or incest should not have the right to an abortion, but to just be able to kill an innocent life because you were not adult enough to prevent it is just absurd. Grow up, or keep your legs shut. That is my opinion. To answer the question, are we ready for a female vp- YES! Are we ready for this one, Absolutly!

Oh ya it's Charlie Gibson's fault that Sarah Palin could not list three things the McCain/Paliin ticket would do differently than Bush on the economy. This blame the media rant from the right is not working.

Do you see a difference in the tone and issue-selection in the interviews? All biases aside, all hatred of one candidate or the other aside, all bitterness about modern politics or the media aside, do you see a difference?