Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

The quotes mentioned about Palin that you say are not fair are made because she won't answer questions. Until she let's America see who she is and what she thinks people will speculate. Since when did Republicans care about things being fair. LOL

republicans are passive aggressive in using his middle name - for the shear purpose of fear - democrats respond in kind. i don't agree with that either - but lets not let the repubs off the hook with what their intentions are by using it.

I'll give you that. That's probably true. Just for the record, though, the reason I posted it earlier in this thread was to make a point about context, not to be passive-aggressive. And I think I made my point, because the response I got to the "non-issue" of Obama's middle name is the same response Obama got to the "non-issue" of lipstick on a pig. Passive-aggressive is a good description for that as well.

Nope but gotta interject some humor here before we all start shooting each other..

I am a firm believer in sometimes you gotta poke fun - even at yourself

We can't be serious 24/7 - Smile laugh it will make us all live longer..

Oh but wait - I guess the republican will be doing the shoot cuz us dems want gun control :lol:

:sad: Love it! :) I spend a lot of my life laughing. I've laughed a lot over this thread, too.

I'll give you that. That's probably true. Just for the record, though, the reason I posted it earlier in this thread was to make a point about context, not to be passive-aggressive. And I think I made my point, because the response I got to the "non-issue" of Obama's middle name is the same response Obama got to the "non-issue" of lipstick on a pig. Passive-aggressive is a good description for that as well.

i get ya..

bring on the jokes - LOL

The quotes mentioned about Palin that you say are not fair are made because she won't answer questions. Until she let's America see who she is and what she thinks people will speculate. Since when did Republicans care about things being fair. LOL

That's a load of crap. Saying the only qualification she has for VP is that she hasn't had an abortion is because she won't answer questions? Saying she's Pilate to Obama's Jesus is because she won't answer questions? Commenting on the fact that she's nursing her baby, which presumably disqualifies her for the position, is because she won't answer questions? Not by a long shot. Those comments were made to slam her, not in response to whether or not she's answered questions.

luluc, I really respect your approach to issues -- even though it appears I disagree with you on most of them -- you're very thoughtful and open to honest discussion. Thank you for that!

not having sex when they were younger...YOUNGER...if people want to practice abstinence good for them...I am saying parents should teach their kids to not have sex until they are at least older and can understand it more...like I said kids nowadays will lose their virginity at age 10,11,12. I am not saying Omg no don't have sex ever before marriage. I'm just saying tell them to wait and learn more and be more mature before doing it.

luluc, I really respect your approach to issues -- even though it appears I disagree with you on most of them -- you're very thoughtful and open to honest discussion. Thank you for that!

:sad:, nope don't think we've agreed on a single one yet. you do make me read more, for that thanks.

And crap has never been said about Obama or Biden? Please did you watch the Republican Convention. Both parties say horrible things about it other. If Palin is tough enough to be VP she can take it. Or are we suppose to handle her with kit gloves. Oh, if only Hillary got that treatment.

And crap has never been said about Obama or Biden? Please did you watch the Republican Convention. Both parties say horrible things about it other. If Palin is tough enough to be VP she can take it. Or are we suppose to handle her with kit gloves. Oh, if only Hillary got that treatment.

Of course crap has been said about Obama and Biden. And of course Palin is tough enough to take it. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't call crap, crap. That doesn't mean we should excuse it by saying, "It's her fault for not giving an interview", or "She brought it on herself". When someone posted a YouTube link about Obama and a limo, I couldn't even listen 10 seconds into it because it was clear it was a smear campaign. I didn't go around saying he brought it on himself. I called it for what it was.

I am perfectly willing to denounce conservatives for saying unjustified things about Obama and Biden. I'm just asking for the same from liberals.

:lol:, nope don't think we've agreed on a single one yet. you do make me read more, for that thanks.

I'll bet we could find something we agree on :)! And I'm glad you read more. I believe healthy, honest, thoughtful, factual discussion is always valuable, even if you disagree. What annoys me is when people post things without being able to back them up, and then never return to the conversation to discuss or defend their position. It's like a drive-by shooting and they never revisit the scene :sad:

I never said she deserved it. I said they horrible things to say. And equally horrible things have been said about Obama and Biden by Republicans operatives. Sorry if I don't have all day to list each one. Liberals also read the paper watch all channels and do their own research on the internet. But I must admit I cannot stand more than 5 minutes of Rush and his rantings about the drive by's. Let's see if we can get away from the distractions of this election and back to the issues. The American people deserve to know where both parties are coming from. The distraction is only serving the Rebulicans right know and that is why they are doing it.

I never said she deserved it. I said they horrible things to say.

Really? Because that's not how I read it:

The way I read it is you're saying the people who commented about her breastfeeding, about her only qualification for being VP is that she hasn't had an abortion, about her being Pilate to Obama's Jesus, and about her uterus, said those things because she won't answer questions. In other words, they said those things due to some fault of hers, not some mean streak of theirs. I don't see anywhere that you said they were horrible things to say.

The distraction is only serving the Rebulicans right know and that is why they are doing it.

The comments I posted earlier weren't made by Republicans. If the people saying them want a fair discussion of the issues, perhaps they might discuss issues -- rather than throw bombs. But you know, when you throw a bomb, people tend to react. It's really quite a disingenuous feat to throw a bomb and then complain when people react.

I never said she deserved it. You did not understand what I said. Again where did I say she deserved it?

I do know how throwing a bomb makes people react, I have been watching it for two days of lipsticks on a pig.

The quotes mentioned about Palin that you say are not fair are made because she won't answer questions.
(emphasis mine)

I read that as, "The people who said those things you say are unfair said them because or something she did or didn't do." In other words, if she had done something differently, answered questions that you say she hasn't answered, then they wouldn't have had to resort to those unfair attacks. In other words, the attacks are her fault, and, ergo, deserved.

(Incidentally, you said specifically that I said they were not fair; you never said you also believe they were not fair.)