Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

If I was a republican I wouldn't vote for McCain because of his choice of VP. Not because of her gender...but because of her beliefs. She is against abortion and gay marriage, for that I wouldn't vote for them.

I don't like her beliefs and she has no experience in foreign issues and policies, either. She, too, has little experience. Would you want her as your President if the old man croaks while still in office?

She has more experience than Obama, and if he's elected there's no croaking required to have him be in the #1 position. She's the only one on either ticket with any executive experience. She has the highest approval rating of any governor of any state in the union. So no, I'm certainly not worried about her experience -- especially in light of Obama's blinding lack of experience.

I read somewhere today that the political landscape of Alaska is littered with the bodies of men who have underestimated her.

IMHO McCain 15_19_25.gifdid Obama and Biden a favor. This woman is a big :) I also think that Clinton 15_18_24.gifsupporters should view this as a mockery. But to answer the question , America is ready for a female VP. If it is the right woman.

I'll :Obama fist bump: to that any day!

15_18_10.gif15_18_10.gif15_18_10.gif15_18_10.gif15_18_10.gif

Yes! Love this gal! She is the perfect woman, 5 kids (1 special needs), hunts, fishes, full-time job (as governor) and very beautiful. I don't know how she does it, but I really admire her. I have not been involved in an election campaign in many years, but I will certainly be volunteering to campaign for this dynamic duo. Go McCain/Palin!!!

I agree with you GREEN. He is so old going into office and has already had health issues. He's also demonstrated signs of mental aging and you never know what kind of mental let alone physical damage was done to him when he was a prisoner of war. I don't trust his judgement and now that he has picked this running mate really makes me question his judgement. I don't know a thing about this woman and I don't think she is ready to be president. She just had a baby 4 months ago. What is she doing? I think McCain thinks the people of the country are stupid, but on the other hand he might be right. I hope not.

We'll see.:)

I am sorry, this deal about being a woman and having a baby 4 months ago is...well, crappy. I had a baby, and then went back to work and had people's lives in my hand!!! Does that make me a bad nurse or a bad mother. Heck no! Sarah Palin is fantastic. Actually has more executive experience than Obama, Biden, or McCain. She was raised in the US, unlike Obama. I have read quite a bit about Obama, and I am STILL unclear about his background. I have met Obama and shook his hand...and I was not impressed.

She is so strongly pro-life from personal experience, which gives her stance on that issue actual credibility, unlike the men claiming the same or opposite stance. Whether someone is pro-life or pro-choice, that one fact HAS to give her a tremendous amount of credibility.. Can you state any specific details on any plans that Obama has on the Economy, Iraq, or healthcare. As the mother of someone in the military, she knows more about Iraq than people give her credit for (she has been over there supporting our soldiers}. It doesn't matter if she has foreign policy experience. McCain has, by far, more experience than anyone these days. She has doubled the economic revenue for Alaska in 20 months (which is aka over 144 days). She fought the corruption left behind. She has an 80% approval rating in Alaska which is unheard of in politics. She is actually decisive in the policies that she has integrated in her legislation, instead of being vague. She may not know much about Iraq, according to the media, but at least she will make a sound judgment, UNLIKE Obama...who says Iran is not a threat and states he will never use Nuclear missiles under "any circumstances". And her stance on gays...perhaps you should look it up..she supports gay rights!

AND if I have to hear Obama say "UH" one more time..I will scream!

Yes, the US is ready for a woman vice president. And I believe Palin is a GREAT choice!

Edited by JWRN

She may be the governor of Alaska but a couple of years ago she was only the mayor of a small town in Alaska. She is a woman but apart from that she shares little in common with Hilary and I would hope that Hilary's supporters would be able to discern this. She is also not a friend to women or homosexuals. She is against gay marriage and the right of a woman to choose.

We are certainly ready for a female VP even a female president.........just not this VP. I know this will not be popular with some but Palin sure seems like a token choice by McCain. I mean come on...he picked her b/c she is a female and as a female I find that insulting. If this was Mr. Palin from Alaska with the same experience there is no way in heck he would be on the ticket. That's almost like saying woman can't have Hilliary so they will vote for the next available female, we are smarter than that. For McCain's "heart beat away" candidate he had far better choices and I believe the public will continue to call BS on this one.

Edited by KyBandChick

I'm from Alaska and she sure has changed things in our state very quickly! She has stopped the good old boys club. And many of our politicians have gone to jail! She is very strong and not afraid to take anyone on. We will miss her up here. Chrissie

She is a woman but apart from that she shares little in common with Hilary

ROFL! Um, yeah, if she were a clone of Hillary, McCain wouldn't have selected her! This isn't about gender; it's about values and policy stances.

For McCain's "heart beat away" candidate he had far better better choices and I believe the public will continue to call BS on this one.

It will never cease to amaze me that Democrats are calling "foul" on the question of experience! Obama has less experience than Palin, and he's not the "heart beat away" candidate, he's the "heart beat" candidate.

Of course McCain may have more experience...he's 72 years old. In my opinion too old to be president. His VP pick was a mayor of a little town and a governor. He just picked her...to make him look like a better person for picking a woman when Obama didn't. Obama has more experience than she'll ever have.

Edited by Froggi
typosssss

I don't like her beliefs and she has no experience in foreign issues and policies, either. She, too, has little experience. Would you want her as your President if the old man croaks while still in office?

Nope !!! Hockey Mom as President nope - what 2 yrs experience as Governor.. What credence does it give her that she has a handicapped child or son that went to Iraq ... Big whop - how many other women in this world have the same issues - does that make them right to be VP or president.. I don't think so.. I think this was a move on McCain's part to distant his self from the same old republican party = trying to get the Hillary vote.

I don't agree with her with alot of her views - and just cuz she is a member of the NRA so friggin what - I have a gun too - so I get to run for VP maybe he should have picked me :thumbdown::lol::wink2:

Drilling is not the answer we need to have alternative renewal energy...