Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduction to me.....

I have actually been researching this sight since a friend of mine had me go with her to a lap band seminar in our home town. Ever since then this seems to be all I can think about. I had my consultation on 6/9 and found that I do qualify and am looking forward to my even greater life that I will have once I have the surgery and improve my health.

I am 30 years old and at my highest weight I weighed in at 252. I am only 5'5. I spent two years traveling with my job and severly packed on the pounds. Once I came home, the "baggage stayed packed". I was single at the time and when I came home in December of '03, the Lord really began to do a work in my life and through the internet (which is something I never thought I would do), sent my husband to me. He was originally from Oklahoma but found his way to God's country (Texas), via the United States Marshal Service. He was working for them since 2002 and had been moved to Texas to work in our local office. He along with his 4 yr old daughter were just what my son and I had been looking for.

From the moment we met, we instantly knew that God placed us in each others life. Neither one of us thought the internet could prove a way to find true love, but when neither of you get out very much, God can go through extreme circumstances. We met in January and in May his parents left to go on vacation in Alaska. They had asked us to fly up in July and spend a week with them and since I had never been, I was extreemly excited about going. We had only been dating six months but new that that was enough of a relationship to last forever.

We arrived in Ancorage and drove to Ninilchick and that night over a Salmon dinner, my then boyfriend made an ellaborate proposal. All prepared by him and his parents. It was amazing. A fairy tale come true. And I was totally shocked. We were engaged on a Friday and married the next Friday by his mother on the beach at "sunset". Which if any of you know anything about Alaska in July.....it doesn't get dark. It only gets about dusk.

We have had a wonderful, Christ filled, love filled relationship since and our kids are extremely happy as well. Since I was overweight when we met, I have always worked on it ever since he knew me. I have lost about 30 - 40 lbs in just over a year and a half, but have struggled with it in the last months. I am not looking for the magic pill (although that would be nice), or the over night success story, just looking for the right tool to put in place and allow me to still have choices but something that will let me know when my choices weren't so good. I need help with this and after much research am sure this is the thing.

Currently I am waiting on an answer from my insurance, (which is just a matter of time, because I have prayed that they would sign the approval letter without even realizing they did) and it is off to the banded world!!

Wish me luck!!

Hi Kim,

It is very nice meeting you and I loved your story. How sweet!!! God works in wonderful ways. Congrats on your happy marriage. Best of luck to you, Teresa

AWWW, how sweet! That is such a nice story, thanks for the intro and keep us posted on the insurance! Hoping for a band date very soon! God Bless you! Hey, I like how you did the fish <>< very cute!

I'm so glad to meet you Kim! I'll cross my fingers for you that you get the answer that was meant to be.

I love the story of how you met your husband. I also met my husband on the internet...at matchmaker.com. I was skeptical as well, but it was the best thing I ever did. I have three friends that met their spouses the exact same way. Love works in mysterious ways.

Best of luck to you on your journey.

May the Lord continue to bless you & your new family! What a beautiful story- I got teary eyed. I am so waiting for God to send my man to me-all in his time of course. Glad to hear the internet was a blessing. I wish you so much luck in journey & can't wait to hear of your success'.