Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protien Shakes

What are the types/brand names of protien shakes everyone is trying? How many grams of protien? Just trying to get some ideas for different kinds!! Would be helpful to know for some of us new bandsters!!

I use Isopure. It contains 50 grams of Protein per serving, and comes in different flavors. Most GNCs carry it, or you can purchase it at different places online. It was the best that I could find.

Kelly and Guitarman....Is there an Isopure powder or are you talking about the clear drinks?

Personally, I could not stomach the clear drinks at all. I was able to find some tasty Protein powders online though at www.bariatriceating.com. You can buy samples to try them out. I like Elite's chocolate mint flavor. It has 23 grams of whey Protein (I think, I'm going from memory). I mix it with skim milk which has another 9 grams of protein.

I use a variety of whey Protein .. hooked on the ice tea flavor from nectar - "Lemon Tea" right now .. you can get this from www.vitalady.com or Super supplements.

Also, Super supplements has a canned Protein (35 g protein per serving, no sugar, highly available protein) that is fantastic .. called Worldwide Sports Nutrition Ultra Pure Protein shake .. great flavors (the chocolate is thick, rich and decadent)

I would believe other health food outlets carry these brands as well ...

Isopure POwder.

Kelly and Guitarman....Is there an Isopure powder or are you talking about the clear drinks?

Personally, I could not stomach the clear drinks at all. I was able to find some tasty Protein powders online though at www.bariatriceating.com. You can buy samples to try them out. I like Elite's chocolate mint flavor. It has 23 grams of whey Protein (I think, I'm going from memory). I mix it with skim milk which has another 9 grams of protein.

I have been using the slimfast low carb vanilla. It has 20 grams of protien. This is because it is at wal mart. I don't have a GNC in town. Heather thanks for the web site . Lots of stuff on there.

shagamelic

My plan still restrict my Protein shakes to greater than 20 grams of Protein and less than 5 grams of carbs. I started out with GNC 100% whey that I mixed with 1/2 Water and 1/2 skim milk, or with yogurt. They are out locally so I bought a GNC soy protein - Cookies and cream flavor and a GNC PM Protein - vanilla caramel.

I don't know if its the PM protein, but I have only been doing 1 scoop in the evening (the full dose is 2 scoops and 40 g protein) and I have had awesome weight loss in the last week. 6.8 pounds!! A record for me.

I'm not a milk person or anything associated with milk, EXCEPT milkshakes, and they have to be mostly frozen, not liquidy at all. I use the zone bars, 16 grms of Protein, but ya have to eat really slow.

I use the UU powder by powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury. I got it online. It is tasteless and you can add it with crystal light or I add it to milk and ovaltine. You can even add it to warm broth. 1 scoop has 20g of Protein and 80 cal., no carbs or sugar.HTH!

Kris