Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New to Lap Band and forums:)

Hi!

I had lap band surgery on Monday and am recovering quite well. I feel great physically, however I feel hungry. Is this normal? I am on Clear Liquids until September 2. For some reason, I didn't think I was going to feel hungry.

Carrie:unsure:

weight.png

Edited by carriebelieves

I'm with you Carrie. I was banded on Monday also. I had a rough start on Monday with the anesthesia and feeling a bit nauseous. But now I'm starting to feel better and have stomach pangs from hunger. I myself, don't feel hungry but my tummy is growling at me. I sip on the Special K Protein Water and drink some broth. Also some Jell-o will give you the feeling of eating without cheating.:biggrin:

Thank you! Wow, we had surgery the same day. I am so excited, but afraid at the same time.

It will be nice to keep in touch with you.

Carrie

Edited by carriebelieves

Hello! I was banded on Friday and I feel great also. I get really hungry at time but it is all in my mind. I started eating pudding(but not suppose to have it yet) but I needed something. I went to dr. today and got staples out and he said everything was fine and I have lost 17 pounds in one week but everyone lose like that because you are not eating nothing for real. I hope you do good.

hi there, this is my first posting. I had my surgery on Aug. 5 and have lost 25 lbs. My Dr. is Dr. Ibraham from Englewood Hospital, Englewood, NJ. I am a teacher and am a little nervous about going back to school, becasue there are some days that I have a lot of energy and other days that I feel rather sluggish.

I am still healing from the surgery. Unfortunately, I had a lot of swelling that the Dr. seems to feel was from the shot of blood thinner that I received before the procedure. I had some drainedge (sp) from the incision and had to have it asperated in the Drs. office. Since then, it still bleeds slightly after showering. Anyone else have this problem; I really feel all alone and am concerned that I won't be able to get an adjustment on Sept. 15, because it may not be healed. I am really hungry and feel that I have absolutely no restriction. The Dr. ordered me to eat more liberally and to not weigh myself; the real weight loss begins when you get adjusted. Any comments? I would really appreciate hearing from you.

hi

I too thought I wouldn't be hungry. I had my procedure done on Aug.5. I asked the nutitionist about this and she suggested I was hungry in my thoughts. I know the difference, I was and still am HUNGRY. Just drink a lot and stick to the shakes, I lost a 24 lbs after the first 2 weeks, but havn't lost any more now that I am eating food. Don't worry about it, I was told once you get a "fill" thats when things happen. Good luck

Hi!

I had lap band surgery on Monday and am recovering quite well. I feel great physically, however I feel hungry. Is this normal? I am on clear liquids until September 2. For some reason, I didn't think I was going to feel hungry.

Carrie:unsure:

weight.png

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to the forums, you will love it here! I got banded on August 20th (1 week ago yesterday). I wasn't hungry for the first few days, and then one day I was starving! I am on full liquids right now and have been on them for about 3-4 weeks including my pre-op diet (except this week I can have yogurt). So far I have lost 25lbs. I noticed that some days I am hungry and other days I am not...actually some days I don't feel like eating anything at all, like today. I had a yogurt, and thats it. I know thats not good, but honestly I just wasn't hungry. I am hitting my liquid goal so I know thats important, but I know I have not hit my Protein goal yet- which is not good. I think its probably normal right now to be hungry, and other days not to be. I know that my stomach is still swollen and healing on the outside, and still swollen at the band site I am sure. I am going to have some Tomato Soup and some crystal light in a little bit. Hang in there, you will make it. Try to do things to keep your mind off of it, if you keep busy you kind of forget about it. Also AVOID food at all costs LOL. Seriously, if I am around food, smell it or anything I want it even more- mentally and physically. Keep us updated on your progress, and good luck hun!:biggrin:

I was banded on Aug. 14th and by Day 4 post op, I was starving! I was on clear liquids only-water, juice, broth, Jello, popsicles. I toughed it out until Day 9 and then I caved and went to the next phase one day early. Now I am halfway through the second phase of full liquids where I can have blended Soups and Protein shakes-it makes all the difference in the world! Just make it through that first phase and then it gets easier!

I'm new to this chat stuff, so I may need all the help I can get.

I had my surgery on July 24, 2008. I'm a little disappointed because I have only lost 19 lbs. so far. I've seen several banders that have had surgery since I have and have lost lots more weight. Am I doing something wrong? I feel good and have been riding my bike but the weight isn't coming off. My doctor wasn't real clear on what to eat except to avoid non-starchy veggies and avoid potatoes. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.:biggrin:

Hi Quilting Bee,

19 lbs in the first month sounds good to me! I think once you have your first fill you will see more results (at least that is what I keep hearing).