Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry while waiting for fill

What do you all do when you are at the stage when you are due a fill (my 2nd is on June 22nd) and you are feeling really hungry. When I am peckish I am trying to pick at the right stuff but I am also thinking "make the most of this" as I hope that I will be feeling a lot more restriction soon. i will be so upset if I put any weight on, or is it normal to gain a little when you are due a fill? I also wonder if it is psycological, am I really hungry? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi!

No, this hunger isnt just a mental thing! Some lucky ones have a good bit of restriciton from the surgery, but MOST of us need a fill before gaining that feeling.

You are wise in picking good food choices to eat, that the biggest adjustment to make.

Ive heard of some doc's giving diet pills to tie us over until we get that golden fill.

In the meantime, just try and maintain your current weightloss - and if you dont, thats ok too! It will all come off in due time! So, hang in there - the 22nd is just a little more then a week away.

And dont forget to drink that water!

Try really sticking to the protein-first routine during these hard times. Protein absolutely sticks with you longer and will help you get through the hungries more easily. And yeah, the 22nd is right around the corner! :)

I am so there with you...I was banded May 21 and have lost 14 pounds but am at a stand still right now. But I am starving and as trying to eat as healthy as I can. But those damn cravings..... I get a fill the 20th so I am one week away also. I ate a part of a 6 oz filet last night and had NO problems (teeny tiny bites).

Anyway...right now NOT gaining is my goal and taking one day at a time. It is hard but we can all do it!!!!

Hi Grammi

its amazing how a week and a bit can seem such a long time!! I think you have the right idea though, I will be delighted if I can maintain the weight loss but I think its going to be really hard. Anyway I'm glad of the support from you guys it really does help.

Thanks

Gaynor

Huh? Someone call me? Here! I'm hungry! Waiting for a fill, yes? Here I am!

July 6th can't get here soon enough. I'm calling today about cancellations! Good luck! Keep treading that Water...we'll get there together!

kathy

Not long to wait now. All I hope is that with my 2nd fill I do feel some restriction as I was very dissapointed with the 1st.

Keep on keeping on

Gaynor

Hey Gaynor, I called and got myself on a cancellation list. She took my number and I told her I need at least 3 hours notice...we'll see. Even if I don't get in before my appointment, I'll be okay. Let's keep each other posted, ya'll, on how these fills are going!!