Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:cursing:Ok fellow bandsters, I need to vent a little. I had my surgery on the 29th of July and have been doing very well with the weight loss (15 lbs) so far, but now I've gained 5 lbs the last 3 days, I was so close to 299, but now I'm back up to 305! It's been 3 days and the scale hasn't moved. My first fill is Fri in the AM. I hate this, I don't want to eat that much, but it's hard to ignore a rumbling tummy that won't shut up!:unsure: I know I've lost 3 inches off my hips & thighs, and 1 inch off my neck so I know I'm doing well so far, but this is just so discouraging!!! Has anyone else had to happened to you? Can anyone relate?

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.:huh2:

Hi, I was banded on July 31st, as i approached my second week post op i was down 18 lbs, but since being able to go onto mushies, i have gained 3lbs back and they won"t leave. I feel like i can eat the same amount of food as i could before my band, I go back to the doctor on September 11st, i can"t waite. I don"t have the restriction that eveyone talks about. I had it in the beginning, but i think that was from being swollen. We just have to hang in there. I'm sure it is going to get better and better.

I had my lapband on Aug. 6, Lost 27 lbs and am putting them back on as we speak! My first fill is Sept. 19Th! Can't come soon enough!

i know the feeling, i lost 13lbs on my 1wk liquid diet gained 7 2 days after surgery(fluids from iv's) and lost it and 4 more by 1st post op visit 9days after surgery. so i am at 19lbs total since starting pre op diet. only lost 2lbs in last 2wks! ughhhhhh! i don't expect to lose alot especialyy with no fills as of yet but i am eating less that 800 calories a day maybe a little more. but we gotta hang in there.....we are in bandster hell right now. we will get there! a loss is a loss and we just have to keep trucking!! good luck!!!

I was banded 8/8/08..Lost 18.5 1st 5 days (really). Lost 23lbs in a week. THEN NOTHING for 9 days! THEN 4 POUNDS IN ONE DAY...Started to excerise, and I now won't weight more than once a week..too distracting! You may be retaining Water and need a bowel movement (I did)..Good luck, you ALL know this will work, if you aren't cheating..remember Protein AND WATER and EXCERISE...Because my Dr is 1000 miles away (no Fills/Drs in New Mexico), I can't get a 1st fill for 6 more weeks..will power!! Chuck

Edited by Chuck
misspelled words

Yes, I'm finally able to get out and walk around the block and I've got out and rode my bike (first time in 3-4 yrs!):lol:

I go today for my first fill, kinda nervous but very excited! I did cheat last night and had pizza, I figured, I'm not going to be eating anything like that for a long time so I figured, what the heck.