Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any other SAHM September Samuris?

Hi, I'm Sherri...SAHM to JT a very active 4yo boy (why do we always say 'very active'?, like we've ever seen an especially calm 4yo!!)

We live in Texas, just south of Dallas.

My surgery is Thursday, September 11th. DH is taking that day off of work and he and JT will take me for surgery. The next day he'll have to return to work as he needs to save his sick days for his own banding later this fall!!

JT attends mother's day out at a church a few blocks from our home and he'll need to be there at 9am on Friday. I thought that I'd just drive him myself...it's not far and I dont' even have to leave our little neighborhood streets to get there.

I've been thinking that I might ask another mom to stop by and pick him up though, just to be safe.

The weekend will be better because DH will be here to parent while I heal. After that? we'll just have to play it by ear!

I'd love to meet some more SAHMs that are new to lap-band and are willing to discuss meal planning and entertainment (for the children).

Hi, Sherri. I'm a SAHM, but my babies are grown and able to drive, so I won't be having any childcare issues. I'm sure another mom would be more than happy to pick up your little one for his "school". It may turn out that you don't need the help, but better safe than sorry. If the mom you call is a good friend, one you feel comfortable confiding in, maybe she'll keep him for the day, and wear him out to boot.

I'm a sahm mom too. I have an 11 almost 12 yr old, and twin 2 and a half year olds, boys all of them. I'll be alone after the first day with the twins. Michael can climb up on me. Matthew can't. He's got cerebral palsy. My surgeon said I'd be ok taking care of them, and driving as long as I don't take my pain meds first.

stay in touch.

teri

Teri~ I'm glad to hear that your surgeon said that you'd be good to go with the twins! That makes me feel better.

Were your guys preemies? JT was a 29 weeker.

Kiz~ That's a great idea...too bad it'll only be his 3rd day, so not enough time to have made any great buddies yet. If push comes to shove, his Poppy (my dad) can come hang out with me that day...he's off on Fridays (but he lives an hour away)...

Starting my pre-op diet tomorrow!

I started reading this and also could not figure out what sahm was. Just as I got up to GG's question I figured it out. DUH!

I give you koodos, I couldn't do it for long, oh so many years ago. But things are so hard now, Thumbs Up to you all.

I'm a veteren web forum chatter, so the acronyms are second nature. I forget that not everyone knows them all. LOL

Hi! I'm Lindsey, a SAHM to 6 month old Lily... My surgery is the 17th and I am so excited... I am doing this for many reasons but one of the most important is so I may be able to play, run and be a better Mommy to my daughter.

Welcome Lindsey!

Looks like we have similar starting weights and goals :lol:

Off to bake Cookies with DS. I am not having any though....I'm on my pre-op diet!! (which is OK, because I detest peanut butter!! and we are making monster cookies)

Teri~ I'm glad to hear that your surgeon said that you'd be good to go with the twins! That makes me feel better.

Were your guys preemies? JT was a 29 weeker.

Kiz~ That's a great idea...too bad it'll only be his 3rd day, so not enough time to have made any great buddies yet. If push comes to shove, his Poppy (my dad) can come hang out with me that day...he's off on Fridays (but he lives an hour away)...

Starting my pre-op diet tomorrow!

The twins were delivered as a scheduled csection at 38 weeks 3 days. My cervix is like a steel trap. Even my miscarriages worked out to be D&C's because the baby would die, and my body would continue to grow.

teri

HI Lindsey, I'm being banded the day before you. That's neat.

So glad we've got this little group. We can complain about life as a single parent, or rejoice over how great it feels to play with our kids :biggrin:

teri

Hi there..I am mom to two beautiful girls..aged 1 and 4. I am having my surgery on the 17th and am excited...going to the hospital tomorrow to see surgeon, anesthesiologist and nutritionist. Should be interesting!!