Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from south jersey

Hello everyone, My name is dawn and I am considering having this procedure done. I went to a info session last wk and will be going to my consultation in two weeks. I am open to all advice and suggestions on how to proceed. My dr. is Dr. Goldstein. Part of Virtue Health system and new beginnings. Anyone who is familiar w/this particular dr. and can offer some incite re; your experience will be appreciated.

Dawn

I am Lisa banded Aug 5th 3 weeks ago.

I first went to Virtua and sat in and listen to the doctors one of them Dr. Goldstein. It was to much money for me with the gym and all the other stuff out of pocket. My ins covered 100% for my surgery but not the other part with the nurses and stuff. So I went and asked my family doctor who told me to go over there in the first place and she said I have another Dr I want you to see too and then see what you want to do. So I went to Kennedy in Stratford and saw Dr. Balsama and went to one of there seminars and I liked it better there for myself. I felt more comfortable...I don't know why but I did. I hear Dr. Goldstein is very good. So I went though all the tests and everything was done over at Kennedy. Everyone there was so wonderful. I was banded 3 weeks ago and so far down 12 lbs and so far everything is good. I go for my first fill in 4-5 weeks.

You should go for it and I have heard very good things about Virtua...that was my first stop. I just didn't have the money for the program.

Good luck to you and keep me posted please. It fels great to talk to people who are doing the samething.

Lisa

also South Jersey:redface:

I am Lisa banded Aug 5th 3 weeks ago.

I first went to Virtua and sat in and listen to the doctors one of them Dr. Goldstein. It was to much money for me with the gym and all the other stuff out of pocket. My ins covered 100% for my surgery but not the other part with the nurses and stuff. So I went and asked my family doctor who told me to go over there in the first place and she said I have another Dr I want you to see too and then see what you want to do. So I went to Kennedy in Stratford and saw Dr. Balsama and went to one of there seminars and I liked it better there for myself. I felt more comfortable...I don't know why but I did. I hear Dr. Goldstein is very good. So I went though all the tests and everything was done over at Kennedy. Everyone there was so wonderful. I was banded 3 weeks ago and so far down 12 lbs and so far everything is good. I go for my first fill in 4-5 weeks.

You should go for it and I have heard very good things about Virtua...that was my first stop. I just didn't have the money for the program.

Good luck to you and keep me posted please. It fels great to talk to people who are doing the samething.

Lisa

also South Jersey:redface:

I know what u mean about the extra expenses. I'm not sure exactly what the final costs will be for the new beginnings program as of yet, but I do like the set up. I hoping to take that time to really focus on helping not only myself, but my family as well. the tools that I will learn from that program will be beneficial to them as well. I was looking into that program (new beg. ) earlier this year for my children aka. fitsmart, but could not change the sched. they were on at the time. I would love to keep in touch w/u during this process. Thanks

dawn

That's what it was called New Beginings. I couldn't remember. Yes it is good and it is a great program. Do i go for it. I would have stayed there and Dr. Goldstein would have been my surgeon, but I didn't have the money , so I went to Dr. Balsama and I am really very happy onthe choice I ended up making. I worked out great.

Lisa

Hi I also live in South NJ and decided to go with Dr. Bobila who's a surgeon out of Virtua Mount Holly very close to home and I am very comfortable with my choice. I have not had surgery yet but I am done with testing just some back and forth with the pulmonary clearance and once that is done then submittal to the insurance. I met Dr. Goldstein and he was just not the surgeon for me. He's a good surgeon from what I hear and a very nice man but I went with who was best for me.

Dr. Bobila also required New Beginnings and it is $1750.00 without the gym package and $1950.00 with the gym package. I think they have a payment plan? I am not sure since I did not pay that way. I chose the gym package and I love the gym and my trainer. You cannot make an appointment with them until you have had your consultation with Dr. Goldstein. There are nutrition classes to attend, a behavioral therapist, nutritionists, nurses, and most important support group which meets on Thursday evenings at 8:00PM after the nutrition classes which start at 7:00PM. There is no support group meeting on the first Thursday of every month. On Thursday's I go to the gym first take my shower then go to support (I finished nutrition).

Lots of luck to you.

Thanks for the info. I go for consultation on the 9th. then I will make my appointment for new beg. I don't mind the $1750 ( don't need the gym, i am a lifetime member at bally's, isn't that funny), but I was looking into their program for my kids (3) for fitsmart, so this would be cheaper than placing all 3 in the fitsmart program. I had a actually place a lock on my pantry and refrig. and deep freezer today. My kids eating is getting out of hand. I need to be the example, and as much as I have tried to show them the rt. things to do, it never seems to be consistent. I want to do the rt thing. I believe that this is the rt thing for me. I would love to keep intouch w/u thru this process. When r u going to go and get banded?

Thanks for the info. I go for consultation on the 9th. then I will make my appointment for new beg. I don't mind the $1750 ( don't need the gym, i am a lifetime member at bally's, isn't that funny), but I was looking into their program for my kids (3) for fitsmart, so this would be cheaper than placing all 3 in the fitsmart program. I had a actually place a lock on my pantry and refrig. and deep freezer today. My kids eating is getting out of hand. I need to be the example, and as much as I have tried to show them the rt. things to do, it never seems to be consistent. I want to do the rt thing. I believe that this is the rt thing for me. I would love to keep intouch w/u thru this process. When r u going to go and get banded?

I do not think that it was too much and actually I am going to see if I can submit a claim to the insurance for the Behavioral Therapist visit and some of the Nutritionists visits. What's the worst they can say no and if they do oh well I tried. I know one of the nutritionists there who I worked with at one time and she works with the kids in Fit Smart. She's very nice I have not seen her in some time I think her name is Jess. I am not that great with remembering names.

I was hoping to have a date in October since I am done with everything. But I was recently diagnosed with sleep Apnea and I have to go another sleep study to get measured for the machine. My sleep doctor wrote the surgeon and informed him that I have pulmonary clearance but not sleep clearance. The surgical coordinator told me that since it says no sleep clearance in the letter she has to follow-up with the surgeon to see if it will be a big deal to send it to the insurance company like that. So if he says wait and get sleep clearance I add at least another month to my wait time before they even send in the paper work to the insurance which sucks believe me. Because what happens is once this measurement is done they send the information to my sleep doctor. She then orders the machine from the company who takes my insurance. They come to my house and I use it for two weeks then I have to call and report in how I am doing. Which is how I am guessing it will add another month to my wait time. My surgeon told me that I am worrying over nothing. With Chronic Asthma, Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and BMI over 40 he said I will not be denied. I guess someone has to remain positive. I think I am in for a fight but that's just me. I have read enough here to make me pessimistic about the insurance approvals. I am so ready to have this done it's very frustrating waiting.

It's good that you have a gym membership. I went today and the trainer kicked my butt. I am going to the support groups so once you know when you will be able to go to the first one let me know. You can send me a private message here and we can meet up before it starts.

Talk with you soon :thumbup:

good luck too both of you.

Lisa

I do not think that it was too much and actually I am going to see if I can submit a claim to the insurance for the Behavioral Therapist visit and some of the Nutritionists visits. What's the worst they can say no and if they do oh well I tried. I know one of the nutritionists there who I worked with at one time and she works with the kids in Fit Smart. She's very nice I have not seen her in some time I think her name is Jess. I am not that great with remembering names.

I was hoping to have a date in October since I am done with everything. But I was recently diagnosed with sleep Apnea and I have to go another sleep study to get measured for the machine. My sleep doctor wrote the surgeon and informed him that I have pulmonary clearance but not sleep clearance. The surgical coordinator told me that since it says no sleep clearance in the letter she has to follow-up with the surgeon to see if it will be a big deal to send it to the insurance company like that. So if he says wait and get sleep clearance I add at least another month to my wait time before they even send in the paper work to the insurance which sucks believe me. Because what happens is once this measurement is done they send the information to my sleep doctor. She then orders the machine from the company who takes my insurance. They come to my house and I use it for two weeks then I have to call and report in how I am doing. Which is how I am guessing it will add another month to my wait time. My surgeon told me that I am worrying over nothing. With Chronic Asthma, Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and BMI over 40 he said I will not be denied. I guess someone has to remain positive. I think I am in for a fight but that's just me. I have read enough here to make me pessimistic about the insurance approvals. I am so ready to have this done it's very frustrating waiting.

It's good that you have a gym membership. I went today and the trainer kicked my butt. I am going to the support groups so once you know when you will be able to go to the first one let me know. You can send me a private message here and we can meet up before it starts.

Talk with you soon :thumbup:

Thanks,I will make sure I PM u and let you know when the first support group I'm able to participate in. It's always nice to go thru this w/someone.

Dawn