Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going To Be Bitter Sweet Weekend For Me

This is going to be a BitterSweet weekend for me and my Family. My Aunt who has the last stages of Breast Cancer is coming from Texas with her 2 sisters from Calif. 2 other sisters from Calif are driving down from Dallas to Colo to all meet her at my house. My Aunt says that she is not going to be here past Aug even though I pray that the Chemo and the medicine will make a miracle and she will be here for along time. She and I only met for the 1st time last June (long story met my dad for the 1st time 10yrs ago)

Anyway she made the journey then and I went to see her in Feb of this year when they diagnosed her with the second round of Cancer.

We have planned a trip to the Mountains and hopefully a small get together at my house before her trip back to Texas. She will stay in the new room we made out of the garage since I told her it was her room and she had to come see it. I planted Yellow Rose bushes for her and just in time they are ready to open any day now. Well I better be off getting upset as I write this.

Thanks for listening

You, your aunt, and your entire family are in my prayers. May God Bless each of you. Continue to pray.. but if God does decide to call your Aunt home consider what a lovely gift this time together is and treasure it. (((((((hugs)))))))))

Bittersweet, indeed. But you're giving your aunt a lovely memory to take home with her and as such, being the best niece anyone could be. Peace to you and your whole family this weekend. :)

What a nice way for her to spend her time. Losing loved ones is the hardest thing in the world, but she's lucky to have you making such lasting memories.

I will keep all of you in my prayers. Always turn your troubles to the Lord- He is listening, and He always does what He feels is right. Just be strong and laugh a lot. Always better to laugh than cry.

Thank you all very much I have been trying to keep busy. Just got back from running all over town trying to get grocerys and coffee mugs cause they all are coffee drinkers. I know that everything happens for a reason and we are going to have such a good time that I am going to just hug her and never let her go..

Oh man here I go crying again.

I am so stressed I just ate a strawberry Blizzard for dinner.. Well gotta go I'll post when I can...

Everyone take care:)

((hugs))

Mary, Im see that Im late in reading this thread. Hope everything was wonderful.

Thank you all for you kind thoughts. By now you might think I am a bit on the flaky side but rest assured I am pretty close.

The weekend was great except for the weather here in Colo. They all arrived on Sat afternoon and we stayed here at the house just talking and laughing. My husband and his mom made us food and a B-Q. Sunday was pretty wet and cold but we sat around a chatted some more. We had so much food left over from Sat that we ate that through out the day. They left around 4pm and we hugged and said our so longs.

When I went into my bed room I found gifts then I cried. She left me a mini cotton bale. And this Poem

" For Special Parents"

Some families go their Seperat ways

And seldom give a thought

To treasured things like family ties

That really mean a lot,

But we don't see things quite that way -

We have, with time, found out

That a loving, caring family

Is what life is all about....

And that's because of both of you-

You're so special and so dear--

You're the heart of our happy family,

And you're loved still more

each year.

Could not see who the writer was but I just love it..

That was too sweet. What a loving and kind thing to do and say. I'm in puddles, someone grab the tissue! Thanks for the update, Mary. Glad is was a nice weekend.