Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday

Hi everyone,

I have now joined the band wagon. Was banded at 7am yesterday and am home today 1pm. I feel like vomiting and am very sore but otherwise i am excited. I was supposed to stay in hospital for 3 days but doctor let me go home, yee ha.what did you guys eat in the first 2 weeks? he told me to eat baby food (yuck). any more suggestions on what to eat?

Tracy

I ate clear broths mostly for first week. Swanson make a vegetable broth that is really good, I also liked the french onion. I drank Water and gatorade or apple juice. After that I did cream of mushroom and cream of chikcen Soups until I progressed to mushies. Hope that helps. Welcome to bandland and hope your recovery is speedy!

Hi everyone,

I have now joined the band wagon. Was banded at 7am yesterday and am home today 1pm. I feel like vomiting and am very sore but otherwise i am excited. I was supposed to stay in hospital for 3 days but doctor let me go home, yee ha.what did you guys eat in the first 2 weeks? he told me to eat baby food (yuck). any more suggestions on what to eat?

Tracy

Congratulations Tracey!

I was on Clear liquids for 2 weeks, then mush for another 2.

I was banded on the 3rd of june & am on strick liquids for 16 days. The first 3 days were Clear Liquids only like Jello & chicken brooth. than after any other Brooth, liquidy cream of wheat,yogart(no fruit) sugar free juices w/protein powder added. Any Soups that go through a tight strainer., jello(sugar free) and Boost. Thats it till you start to heal. I can't believe you doctor already said baby food- I don't think thats right from all I have researched- even the inamed literature says the proper diet. I would reask him. baby food-very thin isn't until the third week.

Try & tuff it out- I too am having a rough time but its only a few weeks out of our lives- we can do it!!

Congrats Tracy! Woo Woo

I'm 8 days post op, and on full liquids i.e... cream Soups, thinned cream of wheat, thinned oat meal. yogurt, pudding, popcicles. I have to say the I have stuck w/ the cream soups, and Protein drinks. Just follow what your Dr tells you.

Hi thanks everyone for your support,

I found myself that the baby food was too thick and gave me stomach aches, so i am sticking to broths and juices and i have just brought some up and go whic has alot of fibre cause i have not moved my bowels since last wednesday and i feel like i need to go but cant, is that normal? i have also lost 6kgs in 3 weeks 116kg now 110kgs.

tracy

Congratulations Tracy!!!!

I mostly had jell-o, gatorade, apple juice, and white grape juice my first week. I wasn't allowed to do Protein shakes, baby food, pudding, cream Soups, etc. until the second week. I may be the only one, but I actually liked the baby food. I think that the pears are the best and the bananas, while a little acidic, are good too. You may want to call your doctor to get a more detailed list of what he wants you to be eating right now. As I'm sure you can tell, every doctor seems to have their own set of rules.

Best of luck to you.

Hi thanks everyone for your support,

I found myself that the baby food was too thick and gave me stomach aches, so i am sticking to broths and juices and i have just brought some up and go whic has alot of fibre cause i have not moved my bowels since last wednesday and i feel like i need to go but cant, is that normal? i have also lost 6kgs in 3 weeks 116kg now 110kgs.

tracy

WOW Tracey! Great job 6kg in 3 weeks! You must feel so proud!

Congratulations!!