Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just got home..

If you want Jello then mix it up as you would normally but don't let it set up all the way. Let it be really soft. I would even drink the warm jello mix. If you let the Jello set up then take SMALL bites and let it dissolve in your mouth before you try to swallow it. Do not chew it and then try to swallow PLEASE let it dissolve completely.

HI & Congrats- I was given Jello AT THE HOSPITAL The that evening! I keep asking the nurse "Are you sure its ok- I don't think so?" & she said "Absolutely , you were given a diet for Baratric Patience." Than I had her check just to make sure. She came back & said Yes. It was red jello.

SO what I did was take the smallest amount in my mouth & swish it through my teeth & than swallow. It took me 4 hours before I finish 1 large cup of set jello. I went very slow.

They also gave me brooth. Try it only luke warm, when I got home the second second nit I had hot broth & was told that wasn't good to do. So do it only luke warm.

Good Luck & Congrats

I was given cold solid Jello in the hospital and was told by my Dr. it was OK, actually it was a lifesaver for me, it actually made me think I was actually eating real food while on the liquid phase. I loved the pineapple & peach jello

Welcome,

I was given liquid Jello if that makes sense.

But take it from Kathy's Experince with Jello - be careful.

Welcom MagnoliaMiss,

And it is great to have another fellow Mississippian on this board. Where in Mississippi do you live and what surgeon did you use? I live in North Mississippi (Southaven).

Make an extra bucket of Jello to wiggle your toes in. I ate Jello right after surgery, too, but I squished it between my teeth like kids to to liquify it first.

Didn't somebody here just have a horrible experience with Jello though? I think she ate that slimy part off the top that gets really hard & sticky - like the consistency of seaweed. Don't eat anything funky, just let the Jello melt to liquid before swallowing.

Yes...but be careful. I could feel it go down and then it stuck! It was not pleasant. The Jello was extrafirm...so go slow :)

Welcom MagnoliaMiss,

And it is great to have another fellow Mississippian on this board. Where in Mississippi do you live and what surgeon did you use? I live in North Mississippi (Southaven).

HI..I am in Laurel. My surgeon was Dr. William Avera in Pascagoula/Ocean Springs.

Nice to meet you!

also.. try to avoid red Jello.. if in fact something turns out wrong in surgery you cant tell the difference between red Jello and blood.

(my little quick fact for the day hahaha)