Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Doing So Easy Mucoid Plaque Cleanse prior to surgery

Hello All,

I am being banded on Sept. 2nd and thought it would be nice to have a nice clean colon free from years of gunk prior to surgery. My wellness center prefers a vegan diet 2 days prior and after the cleanse; but considering I am on the 2 week pre op Medifast diet and my caloric intake has been drastically reduced, I thought I'd be ok. The clease requires a drastic reduction in the amounts/types of food for maximum benefit from the cleanse. It's the So Easy Mucoid Plaque Cleanse. In conjuction with doing the cleanse I have 2 colonics scheduled, 1 in the middle of the cleanse and 1 after I've completed the cleanse. I also scheduled to do a foot detox spa after the colonic to pull any additional toxic stuff out that the colonic may have missed. I am wanting to start my new life after banding with a clean colon and a detoxed body to maximize my chances of weight loss and increased metabolism. Has anyone else done this prior to surgery? If so, what were your results and would you recommend it? So far, I feel great, but got to be close to the ladies room for 3 days during the cleanse. I look forward to the feedback. Below is info. on all that I'm doing prior to the surgery. Enjoy!!! :(

http://www.3daycleanse.com

What is a Colonic?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5pKdnl5zI]YouTube - Colonic Irrigation[/ame]

http://www.amajordifference.com/landing.asp?gclid=CPeL0YyDp5UCFRRhnAodHgk0kQ

i am sorry..that is the grossest thing...although i can understand why one would proceed with this. My concern would be the amount of pain or cramps that can and probaly will come from that..

:( LOL! That's funny how we get grossed out by something that's so healthy for us. Maintaining a healthy colon can tremendously reduce the chances of colon cancer and many other things; but I understand what you mean because having had colonics, I could never be in that field. If your own poop grosses you out, someone elses would even more and that's what they deal with everyday. Anyway, try it. Have you had surgery yet? There has been no pain, no cramping.

i am sorry..that is the grossest thing...although i can understand why one would proceed with this. My concern would be the amount of pain or cramps that can and probaly will come from that..

Yikes, I guess I might try that sometime, but I have had two colonoscopies and well both of them I was cleaned out with the drink they gave me. It was yucky but worked.

It's not bad. As a matter of fact, colonics can be quite addictive. Try it sometime.

Yikes, I guess I might try that sometime, but I have had two colonoscopies and well both of them I was cleaned out with the drink they gave me. It was yucky but worked.

There are three basic ways that you could clean your colon. You could do it all naturally, with the use of a colon cleanse product, or by having a colonic. As to which one you choose is 100% ones choice; however, they are all effective in acheiving the same goal. The majority of the people on this forum will not do it naturally because in order to do so one would need to consume vegetables and herbs that cleanse the colon naturally. Most of us on here are in the situation we are in because of poor eating habits, not eating healthy vegetables and herbs with cleansing properties. I go to a wellness center where all of the cleanses are either a service or you may purchase.

QUOTE FROM: High Colonic Irrigation Colon Cleansing colonic irrigation colon cleansing is safe and simple method that irrigates the large intestine with Water (gravity flow) to clean out the years of toxins and accumulated waste lining the walls of the large intestine. Removing the years of this buildup improves colon function and other normal functions.

Actually your colon is healthier if you allow it to cleanse itself naturally. There is no years of gunk in your colon.

Edited by health4life

I guess i understand the purpose of it..but i am 26 and not confident in my own body, and that would be the ultimate embarrasment for me...which i have to get over, but still. I can deal with my own stool matter, although having someone else deal with it....um...i don't know about that one

i gottcha...and where do you go for something like this? Isn't taking a laxitive basically the same thing? I would be interested in learning more about it and if insurence covers it or out of pocket, how much is it? and is there anything besides the 3 day cleanse you can do?

is there a colon cleanse pill or something? Everything i find is Fiber, or fiber pills. I know fiber will help...although i am more intereged about this now. How do i go about find out about these things?

You should do a google search on Colonics or Colon Hydrotherapy or Colon Irrigation in your city or surrounding area. That's what I did to find mine. As far as the mucoid plaque cleanse, here is a link to a good article on it, happy learning; Colon Cleansing To Get Rid Of Mucoid Plaque It is very effective in cleaning the colon if you are not on a diet that promotes the cleaning of the colon natuarally. Good luck in your search. :)

i gottcha...and where do you go for something like this? Isn't taking a laxitive basically the same thing? I would be interested in learning more about it and if insurence covers it or out of pocket, how much is it? and is there anything besides the 3 day cleanse you can do?

For the colonics, you are on a reclining bed and clothes from the waist down are off except socks if you prefer, however, you are covered up and don't need confidence in your body to have such service performed. I think in another post you asked where to get the mucoid plaques cleanse and you would want to check with any center that does colonics or I found it online. It's called the So Easy Cleanse and comes in 3 purple boxes (1 for ea day). Also I think you asked about ins. coverage for such services and I'm not sure. You would need to ask your ins. provider.

I guess i understand the purpose of it..but i am 26 and not confident in my own body, and that would be the ultimate embarrasment for me...which i have to get over, but still. I can deal with my own stool matter, although having someone else deal with it....um...i don't know about that one

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, waste can remain in the body for days, weeks and yes years if you do not eliminate properly. Everyone eliminates, but not all do the way they are suppose to. I understand that if you eat your veggies and herbs land fiber ike they are suppose to be eaten to elimnate naturally, that would be the best cleansing option, but as I said before the majority of us on this forum are obese because of poor food choices, thus not eliminating properly. You may be the one who has grasped a hold of the principle of eating right, thus eliminating properly. We're not all there yet. May you stay healthy. Good luck. :)

My point is, you have 1 maybe 2 days of waste in your colon, not years. Eating healthy food keeps your system clean and working as it's supposed to.

I'm not sure where you are getting your information from, waste can remain in the body for days, weeks and yes years if you do not eliminate properly. Everyone eliminates, but not all do the way they are suppose to. I understand that if you eat your veggies and herbs land fiber ike they are suppose to be eaten to elimnate naturally, that would be the best cleansing option, but as I said before the majority of us on this forum are obese because of poor food choices, thus not eliminating properly. You may be the one who has grasped a hold of the principle of eating right, thus eliminating properly. We're not all there yet. May you stay healthy. Good luck. :rolleyes:

I'm getting my information from my Bachelor's degree in nursing and my 10 years working as an RN. We need to agree to disagree on this.