Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not sure I can do this...

I got a fill last Thursday and I have either thrown up or pb'd everything i have put in my mouth since. I can do Water, but anything thicker and back up it comes. I am hungry, cranky, tired and weak. So you are saying "why don't you call and schedule a slight unfill?" the reason is that since banding in March I have only lost 15 lbs. God, I am so depressed. Did I spend this money only to prove that I really don't have the will power even with the band to do this? I want so badly to see the weight start to drop off that I am almost considering staying with this fill even though I can't eat. I mean if this lasts long enough surely some weight will begin to fall off. Sorry guys..... just needed to whine a little.

Heather, I had my first fill last Thursday too. Then I had some taken out. Yesterday I had more taken out. I was banded 3 months ago.

DO NOT TRY TO TOUGH IT OUT. Not worth it. Get some taken out.

You are risking erosion being that tight. It's not worth it. Did you read these threads?

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7410

This one is about Nykee's fill that was too tight.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7414

and this thread is about a lady who had RNY surgery and can't drink anything but protien drinks and Water, basically. Read about what is happening to her poor body after over a year of that. You body needs food. Eat. Get an unfill.

Another thought...it's not a matter of willpower, it's a matter of using the tool, and right now, your band is not working properly. PBing causes swelling, which causes more PBing and more swelling. If you aren't careful, you will have to get completely unfilled, and not have just a slight unfill. You are wasting your time, money, and risking your health if you don't get this fixed.

VQ is right, don't try to tough it out. I did that for an entire month, I was totally miserable, I pbd or slimed, not just every day, but everything I put in my mouth. I finally went and got a partial unfill, what a relief. It's been two months and I'm trying to talk myself into trying a tinsy tiny fill, but that was such a horrible experience, I just don't know. You need your energy, so you need to eat.

Good Luck.

Thanks Guys ya'll really are the greatest... I am going to call the Doc tomorrow and see what he has to say. You have no idea what it means to me to come here and get such kind and caring responses. Again Thanks.

Heather, I though of something else. Here's another link...

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/showthread.php?t=7278

nygrl has a few other threads related to keeping her fill. She was tight and it got worse with PBing and eating too much solid too soon. She could keep down protien drinks though, and you can't do anythng but Water. hmmm, might be good reading for you though. Just click on her screen names and find all threads started by nygrl and you will be able to follow her short saga.

Good luck! keep us posted.

I feel some better... called the Doc and his office said that my esophogus is probobly really inflamed from being so sick this weekend. They told me to do protien shakes today and maybe some mashed potatoes tomorrow.. if I am not better by Monday I am supposed to go back for a slight unfill. Thanks for checking on me I really appreciate it.

Good luck, Heather. You're doing the right thing. And about your "slow" weight loss -- yes, it can be discouraging, but those pounds are gone forever. You're losing at a reasonable rate, and the scale numbers are going down.

A teeny tiny unfill might make a big difference. Let us know how your appointment went.

Doc said yes that my esophogus was indeed inflamed. I got down some potato Soup today, yipee:) Thank you all for checking in.

IMO i think that you are on the smaller end of the scale and 15 pounds is a great success. Dont be miserable, get your fill adjusted so you can be healthy...Some people have had the band for over a year and have only lost 30 pounds.,.....but they also are smaller to begin with. Think of it this way...thats 15 lost NOT gained!!!

Heather...Glad you are starting to feel better. Just take it nice and slow and keep coming back here for support. I know you are frustrated, but stick with it and you will achieve your goals. Remember...at least 15 lbs. lost is not 15 lbs. gained.

Hugs to you.