Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm bumping this thread as a reminder to send healing, healthy vibes her way. Dianne took very good care of me when I was in Mexico; she even took special care of my husband, who otherwise would have been alone in Mexico while I was in surgery. I'd like to keep this thread alive till she's up running around again because I truly believe that positive energy has healing power.

Donali....any updates on Diane? I have been thinking about her and sending positive,healing vibes her way. She is so sweet and was so helpful in getting me scheduled for surgery. I sure hope she recovers quickly.

I pray every nite that all bandster/WLS patients have safe lives & success'. Tonight will be special prayers for you Diane for continue recovery. God Bless & keep you.

Penni-

Thank you so much for posting this information. Thank God she is doing better. I am thinking of her and praying for her and her family.

My mother-in-law became pretty close to Diane when she (mil) was going through the process of getting the band in November of 2004. Diane even went down to watch her surgery per my mother-in-law's request. When my mil tried to call Diane's house yesterday, I believe, a woman answered stating (to paraphrase) that "Diane was visiting her grandchildren and was fine" and "just because something is on the internet doesn't mean it's true". I assume she was referring to the original posts of this thread. I can only think that this person was trying to protect Diane's privacy.

I am very glad to know the real story. Although many people enjoyed their Mexico experience, I was not one of them. I was acutely aware that I was not in the US and could see the lesser standards, in my opinion. I had already decided to not return to Mexico for aftercare and had talked to MIL about the same.

This is just my opinion. I am not trying to manipulate anyone. It's just my 2 cents. I wish everyone the best experience possible in the place that is the best for them.

Scary, yes. Shocking, no. Unfortunately, there are countless stories like this coming out of Mexico. While some are thrilled with their experience, this situation isn't as rare as we'd like to believe. It's a huge relief that she's in good hands now and getting better every day.

Aww, a never ending mystery revolving around Lopez's office. Recently a local friend of mine was trying to make an appt for fills in Lopez's office and she had read about Diane's situation. Normally it was Diane that she talked to but this time she had to leave a message. She got a return phone call from someone other than Diane who completely denied any of this was going on with Diane. I know they are just trying to cover the whole thing up but when so many people KNOW and care about Diane, I wonder why they think they could successfully keep it hushed up and deny it so emphatically.

Thanks so much for the update, Penni!!

It sounds like Diane is out of the woods and on her way back to health. May that be so.

They denied it? Sitting here with mouth dropped open. I called her cell (the one she used while working for Lopez) and it's been disconnected. Did they just write her off and she no longer exists?

Absolutely and Completely denied it!!! I'm wondering if the same person that had returned my friends call back is also possibly staying at Diane's house? I know this person and know she lives out of town. From what I understand, her job is mainly recruiting patients for Lopez but does make several visits down to his office. I know her and Diane have known each other a while if that is indeed the facts...

That SOMEONE can ONLY be Diane. Only she has the firsthand knowledge of what really happened.

It would be irresponsible for anyone else to report this, unless Diane herself requested someone else to do it, and gave them all the facts to be reported.

Yes Donali, I fully agree about it only being Diane that reports it. I sure hope she does take that action even with her affiliation with Lopez's office.

It seems that Penni's source could only be someone either from Lopez's office or someone VERY close to the family.

I wonder what the long term affects would be if someone had erosion but never lost restriction and refused to have the band removed?