Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had fill in June but my band keeps getting tighter?

I got my last fill in late June but I feel like my band is getting tighter. Wnen I first got my fill it was tight but then loosed up. Two weeks later I got my period and it got tighter and hasn't stopped. I have a fill scheduled for the second week of September but I have to cancel since I have plenty of restriction. I can't figure out why this happened. There are days when I have a hard time getting down Soup or a baked potato.

Any suggestions????

I have a similar problem. Everyday my band feels tighter. I talked to my counselor about this and she stated that she's heard in some cases the band reacts to your emotions. I've been under some stress lately so maybe that could be my problem. I have noticed that when I'm relaxed and comfortable I can eat a little more than usual but still not to much. I have a lot of restriction. I just saw my surgeon yesterday for my 6 month follow up. He asked if I wanted a fill and without a thought I said no.. when I explained my problem he asked if I wanted a unfill but again without a thought I said no.. now I think maybe I should have had him remove a bit of the Fluid. ..

I probably did not help much but I thought I would share that with you..

Hope all goes well and good luck!

Ruby

That makes a lot of sense. I was talking to one of my friends and she said that her band kept getting tighter and her doctor told her that it was because of stress. I have been going through some stress at the job that I have just tried to forget about but I guess my stress/feeling are coming through my band. I guess I better start relaxing. I don't really want to get an unfil either. I am only 8 pounds away from my goal.

That happened to me recently, I got a fill in May which I probably didnt really need, and it was OK, tight but good tight, I could eat, I wasnt PBing and I dropped to 68kgs! I was pretty thrilled with it. Then over a month or so it began to tighten, I didnt really notice, but I began eating lots of slider foods like chocolate, rather than real foods, then I had my period and went on a plane flight at the same time, and I spent the whole weekend away virtually unable to eat, did a 10km fun run too!

I had a .2ml unfill and now I am having NO trouble getting through 1800 to 2000 calories a day EEEEEEK, that's 1800 to 2000 calories of healthy food, not chocolate, so fruit, vegetables, wholegrain bread etc - which means I'm pretty darn loose and certainly way looser than I was at this level before I had the fill. I've resettled at around 70kg which is fine for me, not changed sizes, all my clothes fit but the mental side of not being in the 60's sucks, lol. I'm not sure what I'll do now, I guess as long as I'm not gaining, given that I'm at goal anyway, I may as well just enjoy this normal eating. I obviously burn off 2000 a day.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but yes, that's happened to me and the tighter you are, the more things like flying and periods affect you. A small unfill totally fixed it and I didnt really want to do it but I realised that being too tight is bad for your band, and I want my band long term.

Edited by Jachut

I have the same problem; I hate it. I don't know if to fill or unfill. It's absolute madness. I know I can't handle this tightness, I am eating all the wrong foods. I need my protein/veggies and fruits. Today I see the surgeon and am asling him to take .75cc's maybe I can get back on track.

~Teresa

I had an episode Friday where I ate a bite of grilled cheese sandwich too quickly, it got stuck and I ended up throwing up -- ugh. I've been on liquids since and yesterday, I accidentally drank something too quickly and had it come back-up. So, liquids for a few more days, I guess, then soft mushies -- does anybody else find that it is harder to swallow/ingest in the morning? It seems as the day goes on, the swelling seems to be less...

Update:

I went to see the Dr. and they gave me an unfill and I immediatly felt better. They also told me that my pouch was swollen.

I had a fill in March and felt restriction for the first time since surgery. It seemed Ideal & my weight started to move right away. I was eating ok, small portions, no bread etc, then it gradually got tighter and I kinda just let it go.

I then found myself not being able to "eat' hardly at all & was basically surviving on chocolate, Meal Replacement shakes, Milk, Milky coffee's, Ice cream etc.

It then got to the point where I was obviously in bad need for an unfill.

So in June I had the unfill. At first I was worried as I seemed to be quite loose, But I was relieved to be able to eat again, I wasn't able to eat fish & Veg etc and now I was enjoying being back to a decent restriction. Bread was still a nono..

It has "gradually" happened again..I have become so tight that I am now going for days without food, sometimes even throwing up fluids!! I'm booked for another unfill next week.. I have lost 10lbs in the last 3 weeks as a result...yey great but I'm not eating.

It seems strange that I have gotten tighter over a period of 6ish weeks these last 2 trips.

I hope my surgeon can explain it when we meet.. It must be just very individual, at least I know it happens to others...

Which is why I'm posting my experience also :thumbup:

I'm having the same problem..

Got my last fill a month ago and it was tight but I thought it would be ok .it seemed to get tighter and tighter to the point where I could just feel it on my stomach.I went in for a unfill 1/2 cc and now I'm worried I'm gonna gain ...I feel like I'm to loose...what to do I just paid 100$ to take some out but now I'm gonna go back next week and pay agin to fill it back ...

smsmithart... I would wait another couple of weeks if you can.. you may tighten up again? That would be relative to my situation. When I unfilled a bit in une I felt quite loose for a while & was worried I would abuse it, but turns out now that I'm going for another unfill 10 weeks later again!!

I had an episode Friday where I ate a bite of grilled cheese sandwich too quickly, it got stuck and I ended up throwing up -- ugh. I've been on liquids since and yesterday, I accidentally drank something too quickly and had it come back-up. So, liquids for a few more days, I guess, then soft mushies -- does anybody else find that it is harder to swallow/ingest in the morning? It seems as the day goes on, the swelling seems to be less...

I have the same issues- I am really tight in the morning and can only have a Protein shake. I try to get my Water in before lunch. As the day goes on, I can feel my band lossen and swelling go down. I asked my Dr and he said this is very common. Overnight, the band tightens and as we move around and stomach juices are active, it lossens up.

Dr also explained to me how much our stress and emotions effect the band. A LOT!