Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

?ctober ?dyssey 2008

Is it just fitday.com? I'll have to look at it as I have no idea what everyone is talking about, but if it will help me lose weight and stay on track I'm all for it.

Guest BikiniBeachy

Hey Guys! I am happy to report I am 7 days post op and starting to feel a lot better! I am so happy that I am feeling better. :thumbup: Thanks for being so sweet. I had a long week, actually! I am supposed to start soft foods today :smile2: My DB and I are going out tonight to Taco Bell for vegetarian refried Beans, yum! lol

Anne, that date is coming up QUICK how exciting!!! Yes just focus on my team beating others (woot woot) :thumbup: I won't say who it is though :thumbup:

Veejay, we were banded on the same day, how are you feeling?

Karen - do you mind me asking your BMI? 23 pounds is amazing, how long was your preop diet? My doctor only requires a 24 hour one so I didn't lose squat before surgery, but that's ok! Every doctor is different and I'm not even going to WORRY about it until my first fill so I can put all my positive energy toward healing.

Penny, what's fitday and extrapunds?

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Monday i'll be back to bug everyone about what kind of pureed meat I should be eating *puke*! :thumbup:

Penny, what's fitday and extrapounds?

I have the free membership. I use to use it when I was tracking calories and carbs. I have only used it recently to track how much weight I have lost.

I really like the food log and body log. I plan to start using it once I am banded. I need to get out a tape measure and update my info. I also used the activity log for a short time.

If you are into blogging you can pay for the gold membership, and customize how your page looks.

Here is a link to my blog page.http://www.extrapounds.com/blog/hellopenny

Edited by HelloPenny
Ok I updated it a little!

From what it looks like to me, fitday.com is more personal record keeping whereas extrapounds.com is more interactive kind of like this site. Is that how you see it Penny?

While I've never kept track of calories, etc... (I was sort of successful once on South Beach Diet), I really feel like it will be important to make sure I'm getting enough Protein, Fiber, and other nutrients while I eat less. I was shocked to see I had only consumed about 700 calories yesterday and I ate or drank all day! My surgeon's office recommends 1200 for women post-op. I really want to be smart with this whole thing and follow the plan EXACTLY how he lays it out.

~~anne

From what it looks like to me, fitday.com is more personal record keeping whereas extrapounds.com is more interactive kind of like this site. Is that how you see it Penny?

I agree. But, you don't have to publish your information if you do not want to.

I started using it when I got into the phentermine.com forums.

The reason I liked it was because I could add custom foods to the food log. I could add my lean cuisines or type in a whole recipe and it would calculate all the nutritional information for me. And, it had a database already established, so I could just add 2 eggs, etc.

Was easy for me.

I record mine on www.sparkpeople.com

I really like it. It has food to choose from or you can add your own. You can list your favorites to choose from and even put in a recipe and it will tell you how much nutritional value per serving. It is completely free and has great articles that you can have emailed to you.

Here is my "Ah-ha" moment. ( a bit lengthy)

I have just realized that eating is not supposed to be fun. No...I know what you are thinking. Well I know if it was me two weeks ago I would be thinking that it may not be fun, but I enjoy it.

I always saw eating as fun. Entertainment. I used it as a reward for myself or a consolation. I would put the kiddos to bed when they were little and then sit down with my favortie show and a plate of garlic bread and enjoy. If work REALLY sucked I would come home and sit down and eat ice cream or pick up McDonalds on the way home because I "deserved" it.

Eating is not supposed to be fun. I thought going out with friends and having fun equalled eating.

I started my pre-op diet on Monday. I started it earlier than I needed to and I have lost 8 lbs since last Friday. Wow I felt great...but I had that nawing desire for a last supper. Come on surely some of you can relate. That last...I can't eat this for months......can I ever eat this with the band......last supper. As of tomorrow no bread, Pasta, rice or potatoes.

I ate great all day. I went grocery shopping and did it. Guess what. IT SUCKED!!!!!! I had garlic bread and frozen pizza. (my staple) Not only was the garlic bread not satisfying, but the pizza tasted...well, flat. That is the only way I can describe it. Flat! It tasted worse than ever before. My taste buds would be much happier if I had eaten veggies and chicken breast. I wish I could puke. I hope I remember this feeling forever! So not worth it!

I know that I will want crappy food again. But I feel like I am a step ahead of where I was before.

Now listen to this.

Are you ready?

Eating is for survival. It is to get enough nutrition to live. That is it's main focus. I know this sounds simple, but I have been oblivious to the obvious. (Try saying that three times fast.)

It is not a reward. It does not console us.

It doesn't take away bordem

It doesn't listen to our problems.

It is a fair weather friend....actually not even a friend at all. It is that bi*chy girl in jr. high that we thought liked us, but only pretends to until she can stab us in the back.

I am ready now. I am ready to start the rest of my life. I am ready to try to forget this "last supper". Actually I guess I want to remember it forever.

Karen - do you mind me asking your BMI? 23 pounds is amazing, how long was your preop diet? My doctor only requires a 24 hour one so I didn't lose squat before surgery, but that's ok! Every doctor is different and I'm not even going to WORRY about it until my first fill so I can put all my positive energy toward healing.

I started at 279 (bmi 46.4). I'm now at 256 (bmi 42.7). I set my goal at 179 (100 lost), because I didn't want to overwhelm myself - which is kind of silly - since when is losing 100 lbs not overwhelming!

Julie Ann--if I were you, I would copy/paste/print your last post and stick it up wherever you need it...on the fridge, the tv, wherever.

I'm so glad to be starting this journey with you!

~~anne

Guest BikiniBeachy

100 lbs, lol...definitely overwhelming.

Julie...thank you for that. Sitting here wtih some cottage cheese and not drinking w/ it...I have started to realize it too. Boy do this pre/post op diets force you to address your relationship with food. I always claimed I was NOT an emotional eaters, just because I didn't eat when I was bored or sad. But now I realize I was, because I eat as a celebration, for fun, with people I love. Share in that together.

Trying to use food and fuel will be a big, big change for me.

Julie Ann...

I so relate. I have thought several times about a last supper.

My pre-op diet snuck up on me. I had gone to the Doctor's office for my pre-op testing and the pysch consult on the 6th. I stopped at our favorite grocery store in Dallas and picked up some groceries. I spent $20 on a tri-tip roast!

I got home and my Mother was asking me questions about my Doctor visit and about what the pre-op diet entailed. We started reading over the literature and what I could have and not have. She looked at me and said, "You do realize that two weeks would be tomorrow right?" It hadn't even occurred to me.

I was shocked and then I was angry. I didn't want 20 bean Soup (what my mother had made for dinner that night.) for my last meal! I can eat that after I am banded! I wanted Steak! Shrimp! Taco Bueno! Big soft fluffy yeast rolls! I was upset.

But, I had my bean Soup, and realized that it was just food. One day, I will probably be able to have those things again, in some form or fashion. They are not important in the big scheme of things.

I will not let food rule my emotions or control my actions, any longer.

But I did have to fix that damn roast for my parents!!! :smile2:

Edited by HelloPenny
i typed didn't but I DID fix that stupid roast and it smelled so good, too.

You know I am starting to think that will be the hardest part for me....

No liquids with meals. That is going to get tough. That and no more soda.

I guess in the great scheme of things I will survive. (Fade out to Gloria Gaynor) At first I was afraid, I was petrified.........

Heck, I would've stayed up late, cooked the roast, and ate it with yeast rolls! :thumbup:(hence the reason I'm fat!)

You did great!

~~anne

you so funny

:smile2::thumbup::thumbup:

No liquids with meals. That is going to get tough. That and no more soda.

Amen Sister.

Me and another lady at my seminar looked at each other and said "Oh, Lord! That is going to be hard!"