Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not feeling so good today

It has been 3 weeks 2 days since surgery. I have lost 27 lbs total and have not lost any in 5 days. I am feeling kinda lighheaded today adn a little woozy. I am taking in approx 20-25 grams of Protein a day and I believe I am supposed to get close to 60 per day. I am thinking this is why i am feeling kinda wiped today. I usually have one Protein Drink a dat ( Atkins ) but just took 15 minute and had 1...and will try to have another full one this afternoon.

I have a friend who had the surgery the same day as me and he is already eating tunafish and eggs....I am just starting to eat banana baby Cereal ( which is actually very good )....I am taking too long to progress to mushies? Is it normal to feel wiped out every few days? I do have to say I sleep better at night then I ever have....except when I wake up on my stomach and port hurts....any suggestions / experiences anyone can offer would be appreciated....

funny, I feel kinda down today....like I want to go snuggle under the covers adnhave a good cry... :0(

Hi,

Sorry you are feeling down. 27 pounds is a lot to lose in less than a month. It sounds like you are not getting enough Protein, so your energy level is down. Why dont you add a few Protein shakes to the menu? Every doc is different with their post op diet. Follow your docs plan and dont compare yourself to others. When does your doc say you can start mushies?

Babs in TX

I agree with Babs get more Protien in and what is your Water intake looking like??

Hopefull once you get more into your body you will feel better.

I get approx 32ox of Water a day...I did just drink 11 oz of Protein Shake in 15-20 minutes....I feel slightly nauseous and has some "back up"..( burped and had a little bit come up ) sorry to be so gross...according to my booklet I am not supposed to start "soft" Proteins until week 5. I am concerendthat if I am drinking 2 Protein Shakes I am getting 18 grams of fat! that worried me. I did try the carb solutions at 4grams of fat each but they tasted awful! I also have the whel Protein poweder but that is gross as well...

thanks for the support I appreciate it...

Honey! Don't worry about your fat intake right now! No! No! No! Don't worry about getting too many calories right now either! If you get extra fat to get the protien you need, get the extra fat. You will do better with the extra fat than not getting enough Protein.

Definately sounds like you are not getting enough Water too. I'm supposed to get at least 64 oz of Water.

Call your nutrishonist.

I am 2 weeks banded today and yesterday I had one of those days too. My stomach hurts when I sit at my desk for 9 hours. I was exhausted although I am getting in 2 Protein shakes (20 grams Protein each) and mixing them each with .5 cup of Water and .5 cup of milk and adding my powdered Vitamins (7 grams protein) for a minimum of 54 grams of protein before I add in my food.

When I was talking with my sister who had ryn surgery 2 years ago, she said my body is still adjusting to a reduced level of intake and that may be the cause for exhaustion. She also told me to watch for a big weight loss soon. Okay - I weighed this morning and I am down 3.8 pounds from 2 days ago. (After a 5 day stand still).

I am using the flavored whey protein and mixing it with different things. I might add yogurt, milk, soy milk, or coffee to it.

Getting Water is critical for me.

Hope some of this helps. Good luck and I hope you start feeling better.

I am feeling so much better now. I picked up some delicious Advant Edge Cappuccino Protein drinks.. they are awesome..they also have cafe caramel. 100 calories, 3 grams of fat and 15 grams of Protein. I also picked up some baby food ( love the stuff ) and had chicken and sweet potato for lunch. Just the right size ( 4 oz ) and filled me up! I am now up to 37 grams for protein today. I will also try and put some of the powdered whey protein in my yogurt and pudding ( great idea !! )..

I did s/w my Dr office and they sd my body has gone into starvation mode due to the low calories ( I get approx 200-500/day ) and the lack of protein...I am getting back on track with this...

Thanks again for the support!! Michelle

Do not worry about 18g of fat! goodness you're healing and you need nutrition!

32 oz of Fluid isn't enough either...between not enough Protein and not enough Water, no wonder you're feeling woozy. Now is not the time to be counting calories...it's not about loss right now, but about healing.

Nancy

I get approx 32ox of Water a day...I did just drink 11 oz of Protein shake in 15-20 minutes....I feel slightly nauseous and has some "back up"..( burped and had a little bit come up ) sorry to be so gross...according to my booklet I am not supposed to start "soft" Proteins until week 5. I am concerendthat if I am drinking 2 Protein shakes I am getting 18 grams of fat! that worried me. I did try the carb solutions at 4grams of fat each but they tasted awful! I also have the whel protein poweder but that is gross as well...

thanks for the support I appreciate it...