Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I am scheduled for Oct 29th. Started liquid diet on Wednesday 10/16. It is now day 3 and I have a headache that Tylenol hasn't touched. Is this normal? Any suggestions to relieve the headache?

Hi Suziq--congrats on getting a date! Sorry, I've not heard of musclemilk but do "like" the unflavored Unjury and the chicken broth. For instance, tonight I made a NSA carnation instant Breakfast with 1 cup milk, one serving of benefiber, and one scoop of unflavored unjury. That gave me 35.5 g of Protein, 265 calories, and 6.4 g of Fiber for one quick meal...and it was pretty filling and good! I work at night so wanted to get "filled" up before work. Before that, I'd only managed about 250 calories for the day! I'm really trying hard to get calories in.

~~anne

I am scheduled for Oct 29th. Started liquid diet on Wednesday 10/16. It is now day 3 and I have a headache that Tylenol hasn't touched. Is this normal? Any suggestions to relieve the headache?

Do you normally drink caffeine? Did you have any today? I am not being very good... ummm I am being terrible, about not drinking caffeine! I still have regular coffee in the mornings.

I know that when I stopped drinking caffeine when I was pregnant, I had horrible headaches.

vicbrad--are you allowed to have caffeine? It sounds like caffeine withdrawal. Maybe try some advil and alternate with the tylenol.

~~anne

Great minds think alike.

Hey Everyone!

Can I join y'all. My date was originally 11/6, but the dr's office called and bumped my surgery up to 10/30. Woo Hoo! A whole week sooner. I only have to do a seven day diet. I start this coming mid week.

I thought maybe it was caffeine withdrawl, so this morning I had regular coffee but it did not help. I'm thinking it is just by body getting use to the new diet. My body is probably not used to so many Vitamins, minerals and Protein.< /p>

Confession-Day 11 of the 14 day pre-op diet.

I got bored. I admit it!!!! I've been really good...but tonight we went out to dinner at a mexican restaurant. It was the first time on this diet except for a Halloween party that I drank lots of Soup and ate protien pudding at. :smile2: I decided that soup was the best thing and ordered a large bowl of chicken soup with lots of broth. Let me tell you...I got my straw out of my water....and sucked up every single bit of broth in that bowl. It was so tackey of me...I know. I can tell you though...I just don't care. I'm glad it was busy though and no one was watching. I may have sucked up a few grains of rice, but all in all...a successful dinner out. So...when you are DESPERATE for something other than the usual clear broth or creamy soup...give it a shot! Next time though, I think I'll do take out and have the hubby strain it first. :thumbup:

Surgery is only a few days away (Oct. 21st) and I'm getting really excited. Best wishes to all!!!

Good luck Sweepy! I look forward to hearing how things are going for you after surgery. I am sure you will come out like a champ.

I am being banded on 21 Oct at The Avenue in Melbourne, Australia. Been on a VLCD for 11 days and am down about 13 pounds and not feeling too bad.

Yes, I had a headache for the first couple of days. For me I think it was the lack of carbohydrates that caused this feeling. To those of you who get this headache, drink plenty of Water, stick with the diet and I promise things will get better VERY soon.

Best of luck to all you October Bandsters!

Why is there such a discrepancy in what the doctors require. My doc had no pre-op diet, but I'm on strict liquids for two weeks after. Do they just not know enough about how everything works? Or have they just found what works for them? The liquid diet thankfully hasn't bothered me. I can barely get the drinks down at this point!

I had my surgery on Wednesday the 8th and I am thinking now it is just the steri-strips that are itching? I always turd red if I even wear a band-aid for a long amount of time. My skin must be really sensitive. I go Monday for a "wound check" I will ask if I can use anything around the site for the itch.

Thanks so much for the reply and good luck with your success..peeing and all!! lol

renita

Renita,

omg lmao!!!!! I know you meant to write turn red instead of turd red, but that seriously made me laugh out loud:biggrin:

My incesisions are pretty red and raw too....I actually found that sleeping on my belly and putting some pressure on them can temporarily relieve the itching feeling.

Let me know how it goes on Monday.

Confession-Day 11 of the 14 day pre-op diet.

I got bored. I admit it!!!! I've been really good...but tonight we went out to dinner at a mexican restaurant. It was the first time on this diet except for a Halloween party that I drank lots of Soup and ate protien pudding at. :mellow: I decided that soup was the best thing and ordered a large bowl of chicken soup with lots of broth. Let me tell you...I got my straw out of my water....and sucked up every single bit of broth in that bowl. It was so tackey of me...I know. I can tell you though...I just don't care. I'm glad it was busy though and no one was watching. I may have sucked up a few grains of rice, but all in all...a successful dinner out. So...when you are DESPERATE for something other than the usual clear broth or creamy soup...give it a shot! Next time though, I think I'll do take out and have the hubby strain it first. :cool2:

Surgery is only a few days away (Oct. 21st) and I'm getting really excited. Best wishes to all!!!

LOL...proves you are human! Somehow I know we need to follow the pre-op to the T, but I have trouble thinking that one little slip of a few grains of rice is going to interfere with success especially since you have several days to digest the evidence. Best of luck! :tt1:

4-days post op here...Feeling fabulous...almost back to the weight I was b4 procedure. The eating challenge for me right now is getting in the 60 g of Protein. Seems like I am drinking (sipping) all day long to get the Water in but have to allow time after my protein (90 min) to sip some more. It's a day long process. No overwhelming desire to ingest anything but I know I must. :tongue_smilie:

ronda...don't feel bad...LOL I had a half od a corned beef sandwich as my "last meal" a few days before my surg. I just needed the taste of something great...I actually couldn't eat the whole half so that made me feel good.

Just hang in there ...I was banded 2 days ago...I feel good. take care.

Debbie