Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

HELP!!! i was speaking to a friend who is also having her surgery tomorrow and she said that we were not supposed to be having any Protein until our 1 week follow up with the doctor. I read and re-read my pre-op handouts and it just says that I have to be drinking Clear Liquids all day. I had a Protein Drink (1/3 of it) that was clear. Is that not okay?????

I have a date set for October 22nd. I am nervous and excited. I would like to connect with anyone else who may be getting banded on or near that day. I am 55 and am wondering if being older is a hinderance in the weight loss. Hope not. I only feel 30 inside! :) Good luck to all the October 2008 bandsters!!

Congrats on losing 13 pounds post op. That is how many days I have before surgury and I hope to do as well as you! You gave me hope!

I just had my surgery this past Tuesday and did well, I'm 50. Other than being very sore and weak for the first three days it went great. I have been blessed not to have suffered any of the "Gas Pains" that I was dreading so bad. This forum is a great place for feedback. I was on here constantly reading and found great advice and comforting words.

MaryBnSC[/left];1029497]I am concerned about tomorrow. Everyone will be gone but me. I'm the only one to keep myself accountable.

That's exactly how it's been for me! I fought my insurance company for a year! Then, when I got the green light, the scheduled my surgery for 2 weeks later! It's like I blinked and I was on the other side! I'm still in awe that it actually happened!

I feel EXACTLY the same way. I hate being home alone, because I am a closet eater! I like to eat alone and have little will power! But, I can do it!

You are right about fighting and wanting this so bad, and then it's in your face and wondering how did it happen so fast?

Thanks Bama2. You give me hope! I had gallbladder surgery in January and didn't have any trouble with gas pains. I hope I am as blessed when I get my band. I intend to be on this site a LOT in the beginning because I know there will be days when I need a shoulder to lean on.

HELP!!! i was speaking to a friend who is also having her surgery tomorrow and she said that we were not supposed to be having any Protein until our 1 week follow up with the doctor. I read and re-read my pre-op handouts and it just says that I have to be drinking clear liquids all day. I had a protein drink (1/3 of it) that was clear. Is that not okay?????

Do you feel OK? I have a RL friend who was banded in Mexico and she was drinking Full Liquids a few days after her banding.

I think you will be OK, but you might want to make sure and call tomorrow morning and speak to your Doctor's office staff.

MaryBN,

Are you in the pre-op diet stage or post-op? I know! I had grand kids over today raiding my fridge. Of course, I wanted to help them. I am trying to think would I rather eat with them (all bean-poles) or be able to actually play with them and be here to watch them grow up. If I follow through---no as I continue on this journey I will be healthy enough to let the kid that is still inside me out.

I understand about the grocery thing...but for some reason here is what I'm obsessing over food NETWORK cooking shows!! I have a friend who had gastric bypass a few years back. She says I'm mourning food and since I can't get it in my stomach i'm getting my fix with my eyes ha ha!

Also, before my preop and surgery my husband did all the cooking. Now I'm cooking for them like never before. I guess because I have the energy but the smell satisfies me too...Isn't this crazy.

Is anyone else hooked on cooking shows? Or am I the oddball out. I'm also looking as to how I can cook healthier for my family. They've been eating better and my husband is losing a few pounds too.

As of yesterday I was down by 26 lbs!

YOU GO GIRL! You are doing a good thing watching the food shows and learning new ways to make your family meals tasty and healthful. I should acquire your habit. Nice weight loss too! Keep up inspiring us to do better.

Is anyone else hooked on cooking shows? Or am I the oddball out. I'm also looking as to how I can cook healthier for my family. They've been eating better and my husband is losing a few pounds too.

I am obsessed with food, so much so I went to college for it! I think I am going to mourn food too. But, I am hoping that one day with the proper measures taken, that I can enjoy most things in moderation or with some serious chewing. LOL

Anyway... About eating healthier. I started a healthy lifestyle back in August. I hate to call it a diet... because it is not. It's a lifestyle choice. But, let me turn you all on to "South Beach Diet" or a low glycemic index diet. It's all about healthy choices and avoiding bad carbs. (NOT NO OR LOW CARB .... BAD CARBS

It has been SO easy! I mean like "Why in the world, haven't I been doing this before?" Easy! I recommend reading the book. There are also some groups on yahoo to join.

This is how I will eat the rest of my life. It's not about restriction or low fat or no fat, or no carb or low carb. Just healthy, smart choices.

My Mother has lost 30 lbs on it, My Father has lost 14 lbs and he is not following the diet when he is away from home. I have lost 31 lbs since August!

If anyone is interested I can share recipes and what we are eating at my house. It's yummy, easy, and filling.

HELP!!! i was speaking to a friend who is also having her surgery tomorrow and she said that we were not supposed to be having any Protein until our 1 week follow up with the doctor. I read and re-read my pre-op handouts and it just says that I have to be drinking clear liquids all day. I had a protein drink (1/3 of it) that was clear. Is that not okay?????

I actually had a Protein Shake the day before while on "clear liquids" and called the doctor..they said that was ok but to only have the clear the rest of the day until "fasting" at midnight.

Renita