Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

I have not lost anything for about 3 weeks now. I have increased my treadmill time over 2 mph for 30 + minutes to every day & go Bowling mosts Fridays. I "think" I'm losing inches but no weight. I see my Doc on March 12th., maybe I need another FILL, not sure yet.

They say this banding weight loose is slow but this seems to be TOO slow.

Time will tell, Don

Hang in there Don. The next fill is just around the corner. Friday for me!!!

Hi everyone! Just wishing everyone continuous success!!! As of this moment I will no longer continue to try and lose weight, since I am pregnant. I am not overweight, yeiii!! Im pretty happy, I will continue to exercise and eat healthy for my baby's health and of course for mine. Not really scared of gaining weight durigng the pregnancy but the doctor told me, I will probably have no problem keeping the weight gain at 15 pounds! So far I am still losing, I increased my calories and now I only focus on the treadmill for a brief one hour walk. Good luck!!!!

FYI: My weight loss slowed down A LOT, but of course I did l ose about 80 plus pounds three months after surgery, so I was not dissapointed at all. In fact, with my height 200 pounds looks pretty damn good. I never wanted to be a skinny minnie!

Congratulations on the Baby! How did you lose all that weight so quickly?? I have not lost any weight really in the last two months. I'm going for a fill next Tuesday..hopefully it will help and re-motivate me. I have a four year old now and I want to lose 50 more lbs by October which would put me at 250 and trying to get pregnant. I would love to be 200 but I don't know if I could lose a hundered by october :-) I'm 5'8 so I've got tall on my side!

Again congrats and keep us posted!

Mississippi Girl

40 pounds in that length of time is good. Not everyone will lose at the same rate. Be kind to yourself, you are doing great. Keep on keeping on. You will be fine

Thanks NRPNRP! It's just hard when I know if I would get motivated and stick with it that it could have been 60 lbs already!

But you are motivated or it would have been less or may be even none. Of course all of us could be more motivated. I could exercise more than my fingers on the key board...we are human. Be proud of what you have done so far...more will come!

Hi Vickie,

Every time I have had a fill it felt tight for a day or two. After that my body has adjusted. I have had 3 fills now and it seems to be my sweet spot. As of today I weighed 143.5 and the size 10 jeans I bought the other day were too big. I had to exchange them for an 8. The 8's are fitting loosely. Mentally it is a challenge to take the smaller size into the dressing room. My mind has not caught up with my actual size. I find I have loose skin on my upper arms and chin. I need to find some exercise for the chin especially.

Glad to hear you are doing well now Vickie. Let us know how the fill works out for you.

Oh I am so jealous of your success!! A size 8? My god girl where did you go? LOL :) I am working hard at 31 pounds now and still very tight from my last fill. I able to eat but boy is it restricted I guess I will get used to it. Keep up the good work! and I will see you soon in that dressing room with a size 8 of my own! LOL :crying:

hey all hey julie,i got my 3rd fill amd it feels tighter tg.i lost 11 pds this month and a total of 31 pds,i think the walking 2 miles a day payed off ,i have a 14 cc band i have 9 cc in it now so hopefully this will kick this weight off more,good luck everyone

Hi everyone! I thought I would pop in and give an update. I finnially hit the 299 mark today. I haven't been as faithful to my diet as I need to be so I'm loosing really slow. I remember reading (before I had the band) that someone had a chocolate shake and it went down really well. I was apalled. I mean...who has surgery and then drinks a shake?? Well...me I guess. I'm craving ice cream in any form. I'm doing reduced fat or fat free...and loving sorbet, but still. Not the best thing in the world. So, to those who I judged silently, I'm sorry. I should know better and now I do.

I have had two fills (1cc a piece)so far. In truth, the band hasn't really had a huge effect on what I eat. I can eat anything except really dry meats. I definatly have to chew better though and must drink before eating in the AM. After the 2nd fill a few weeks ago, I'm noticing a smidge of difference in quantity. So...this message is a note to give myself a kick in the pants.

So...I vow.

I will plan my meals better. I will eat all of my veggies before my carbs. I must drink ALL of my Water. No wine until all of my H2o is consumed! I will exercise 30 minutes per day.

So there. :) Take care everyone and best wises for a wonderful spring!!!

Molly Jo and everyone, the second fill taught me a lesson. They shouldn't add more than a .25 to one of my fills at this time. Maybe I have more fat inside that keeps me from being able to take an additional cc like most people are able to take.

I am happy with the fact that he took the whole CC out and then put back 1.25 back in. It's working now and since Feb. 25 I've lost 7 pounds so that's a pound per day and I expect a level out soon. I'm so proud I'm trying to get well.

Update on my band fill! Oww I think I am way too tight but I don't want to complain too much I lost 6 POUNDS this week! I finally hit the 30 pound mark! Woo Hoo!! :thumbup: I don't feel hungry and have gotten sick a couple of times so I have to be careful with it until it stretches. I can not eat or drink before bedtime, I actually got sick in my sleep one night and had a dream I vomited..well I actually did and I know it was my fault I drank something before bedtime so that is the end of that. I am sleeping with several pillows under my head now so I don't aspirate...yikes...when she filled me she said 2cc was 65% occulsion I hope it levels here and I lose the rest so I dont need any more fills... geez louise I am such a cheap date now it isn't funny! It isn't worth it to go out to dinner just can't eat that much.

Can't eat most things I was able to eat before so I am very limited. Oh..and yes I do have milkshakes myself once in a while so don't beat yourself up...we ALL do it. :-) :rolleyes:

Hang in there everyone you are doing great...wow just imagine I might actually go our in public in a bathing suit this summer and not scare all the small children!! :mellow:

Update on my band fill! Oww I think I am way too tight but I don't want to complain too much I lost 6 POUNDS this week! I finally hit the 30 pound mark! Woo Hoo!! :thumbup: I don't feel hungry and have gotten sick a couple of times so I have to be careful with it until it stretches. I can not eat or drink before bedtime, I actually got sick in my sleep one night and had a dream I vomited..well I actually did and I know it was my fault I drank something before bedtime so that is the end of that. I am sleeping with several pillows under my head now so I don't aspirate...yikes...when she filled me she said 2cc was 65% occulsion I hope it levels here and I lose the rest so I dont need any more fills... geez louise I am such a cheap date now it isn't funny! It isn't worth it to go out to dinner just can't eat that much.

Can't eat most things I was able to eat before so I am very limited. Oh..and yes I do have milkshakes myself once in a while so don't beat yourself up...we ALL do it. :-) :rolleyes:

Hang in there everyone you are doing great...wow just imagine I might actually go our in public in a bathing suit this summer and not scare all the small children!! :mellow:

Molly, Please be careful. Being too tight can be justas counter productive as too loose. You should ALWAYS beable to drink. ALWAYS. To limit drinking is te first step to dehydration. Please be careful and keep us updated. I'll be thinking about you until I hear from you again.

Take care.

Molly, Please be careful. Being too tight can be justas counter productive as too loose. You should ALWAYS beable to drink. ALWAYS. To limit drinking is te first step to dehydration. Please be careful and keep us updated. I'll be thinking about you until I hear from you again.

Take care.

Oh I will Julie ann thanks for the advice, I tried to get down there for a small unfill but just couldn't this week, They are 3 hours away and I can't take off a day until next week so if I am still like this I will get my butt down there. I am pretty miserable, I am eating 6 times a day now (very small portions) so I won't get weak or dehydrated. The portions are so small it is just like I am eating 3 meals a day anyway.

How many cc's can go into a 4cc band anyway? I am at 2cc now and I hope my next fill is not as miserable as this one.. :laugh:

Molly Jo and everyone, the second fill taught me a lesson. They shouldn't add more than a .25 to one of my fills at this time. Maybe I have more fat inside that keeps me from being able to take an additional cc like most people are able to take.

I am happy with the fact that he took the whole CC out and then put back 1.25 back in. It's working now and since Feb. 25 I've lost 7 pounds so that's a pound per day and I expect a level out soon. I'm so proud I'm trying to get well.

You SHOULD BE PROUD!! You are doing great! My first fill was a breeze, I guess it gets a little harder every time you get a fill?? Hang in there... I think you should be darn proud of what you have accomplished!!:laugh:

Oh I will Julie ann thanks for the advice, I tried to get down there for a small unfill but just couldn't this week, They are 3 hours away and I can't take off a day until next week so if I am still like this I will get my butt down there. I am pretty miserable, I am eating 6 times a day now (very small portions) so I won't get weak or dehydrated. The portions are so small it is just like I am eating 3 meals a day anyway.

How many cc's can go into a 4cc band anyway? I am at 2cc now and I hope my next fill is not as miserable as this one.. :laugh:

I have been told by a nurse practitioner that over 4 cc can go in a 4 cc band. Probabbly 6 or so. I don't remember exactly.

I am amazed at how long this thread has gone on. I'm so glad we haven't given up on keeping up with each other. It really helps.

My weight loss has slowed considerably the last month or so, but I did hit 70 lbs lost. I'm attaching a before & current photo. Let's see if it works.

Everyone take good care of yourselves. I'm proud of all of us.

post-210068-13813138210855_thumb.jpg