Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Enjoying the heat

Wow, this summer weather is a total revelation for me. We all talk about being colder than we were, and indeed I am. The air conditioning in my office verges on uncomfortable for me when other people are reveling in it. But what's really amazing is that I walk out into the 90-degree day and all I think is how nice it feels! I'm not sweating, panting, fainting, complaining, or doing any of the other things summer weather used to make me do.

Wow. I love it, and now I can love summer just like "normal" people do. :banana

I just LOVE summer! It just started getting hot about 3 weeks ago here by the bay area in Calif, but today we have sprinkles at about 70* for the high.

I'm with you Alexandra...not sweating and panting like I use to, even in the winter I use to sweat. This last winter I was freezing.

Enjoy the summer....school's out!

at 315lbs, I HATE summer! LOL it gets so hot and dry out sometimes it hard to breathe. Im glad I dont live in AZ, or NV right now LOL either I need to lose weight so this weather wont bother me or winter needs to come back quickly! ...sorry summer gals.... lol

I love the summer! Usually in the summer I would stay in air conditioning or the pool all the time, but now I am out enjoying it!

Alex, I freeze too when the boss has the air on! He laughs at me, because I use to want it cooler!

Alex-

I hear ya! I used to keep my a/c on all the time set at about 68. This summer I haven't turned it on yet, and this morning it was 75 in my house and I thought- huh, isn't this comfortable. Who am I? Where did sweaty Megan go?

Do you have to wear sweaters at work to keep comfortable?

Megan

Trish, this is what you have to look forward to! I used to say I'd never, ever, ever move to a warm climate because I couldn't stand that misery all year long. Now I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, there's a little Southern California in my future. :(

Do you have to wear sweaters at work to keep comfortable?

Yeah, I do, a lot of the time. I have a collection of black cardigans now, in a range of sizes. The one hanging on the back of my chair at the moment is a size 14!

Come join me and Paula in hot, humid Louisiana. You could weigh a buck-o-five and still be sweating bullets.

You gotta love the South.