Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi!! I'm new..and approved!

hi everyone!! my name is amy..i'm from nh...i'm 5'3 and very overweight...i talked to my dr on july 22nd and got the approval from the ins co a few days ago..i'm happy nervous, scared...getting lapband is something that i've been thinking about for a long time...and now that i know its a reality, i have a lot if emotions...

back in 2004, i lost 120 lbs..it took me a a yr and a half..and i managed to gain it all back...:cursing:

its nice to have a place to chat about it..and talk to other ppl who are in the same sitiution..

i go to the seminar on sept 4th..and then i guess everything goes from there...

Good luck at your seminar and post any questions you might have here. You will find out some much information.

I loved the title of your thread "New and Approved!" Very cute and catchy! Well congrats on being approved for the lapband surgery. Once you get banded, then you will be "New and Improved! "Good luck to you on your weight loss journey! We are here to give you all the support you need along the way!

OMG! I hear ya...I lost about 90 LBs. in 2002-2003 on my own (for about the 2nd time in my life), then I gained it all back +++some by 2006! I had even told myself that I wasn't going to let that happen to me again! It's like an alien just took over my body/mind while I regained it all. :cursing: Anyways, now I have my band and I really hope that I'm successful with it for good!:wink2: I can't wait to be thinner again! Good luck to you and your success too. Keep us posted.:tt2:

thanks everyone!! i'm really really nervous about it now...now that its a reality, its like wow! LOL!

and do be prepared..i ask A LOT of questions..LOL!!

Hi Amy (and everyone else) My name is Kim and I am from NH too. My daughter and I are getting the lap band at the end of September in Keene. I would love to chat.

Kim

someone else from nh!! yay!

my weight loss journey started when i was about 13 or so...and now that i'm pushing 30..i've probably lost and regained over 300 lbs! it really stinks that i could never keep the weight off..

hopefully i'll be new and improved soon! LOL!...

thinking about getting a gasteric band, can any reassure me, im only 26 young child, very over weight and gettin married soon,:P

Hi Emer

This is all new to me too. I just started looking into banding a few months ago and aleady have a surgery date! (If my insurance approves it) I would be glad to answer any questions, but so far have not had it done. My daughter and husband are also hoping to have it done as well.

Hi Ohshute

Where in NH do you live? I live in Keene. I have been been overweight since college. I too have lost and gained over the years. It stinks as well. I am ready for a life style change or I may not have a life!

Kim

hi kim!!

i'm from the lakes region...

i'm so ready to lose weight and keep it off...i'm tired of being overweight and feeling like crap...

i have a 7 yr old daughter and i want to keep up with her...theres a lot that i don't do with her because i'm embarresed of how i look or afraid that i won't fit on something..:angry:

I feel for you sweetie. I didn't do a lot with my daughter when she was younger because of the same reasons. We live across the street from a lake and I never took her swimming there because I too was embarassed. I still do not go to the lake. I am 45 now and have lost a lot of living because of my weight. I weigh 272 and feel like crap as well. I feel for ya!

Hi, I am also in NH :biggrin:

I am in the considering lapband phase. I need to lose 100lbs. I have an 8 and 9 yr old that I would love to be able to keep up with!!

I am scared. Scared of being this fat forever, scared of the 15lbs I seem to gain every year.

I am also scared of lapband surgery. So I guess I am more in sponge mode.....trying to soak up all the info I can.

I am in the Concord area.

Kathy

Kathy, so far, please do NOT be afraid/scared of the Lap Band! I was too for so long before I decided to get it. Now that I do have it (only 31 days since), and the few days after I got it, I said "Piece of cake"! It really wasn't that bad at all. I had hardly any pain and my incisions seem to be healing nicely (knock on wood!). My weight loss is starting to taper off, but I will be getting a fill soon. Good luck to all!:biggrin: