Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not new here, but banded now!

hi all. i havent been around for several months. i lurked for a while, maybe posted a time or two, but i wasnt sure if i was going to actually do anything :)

well i was banded 8/15, so about a week ago. this week has been rough. its been way more emotional that i ever thought it could be. i have cried & cried, freaked out & said i regret this. right now i think i might say i still regret it, but i dont know. its just such a huge change. my preop nutritionist appt was horrible, she said i was copping out by saying food is an addiction to me, but if im not going thru withdrawals, then i guess im some sort of freak. ugh, i dont know.

anyways, i havent felt good at all. my incisions are ok, i hurt one during a freak out, but its nothing im worried about. i just feel physically exhausted & mentally drained. (sorry to dump all this, haha just hoping someone out there could give me some hope) i dont know if at times if im hungry or if my stomach is upset. its very strange. the thought of Protein Drinks makes me feel sick to my stomach, so i know im lacking Protein right now. i forced myself to drink at least half of one this morning. sick.

everyone around me keeps telling me it will get better, but right now i feel like shit & i feel like im going to feel this way for the rest of my life, help :thumbup:

Hey hun,

I'm sure right now everything seems overwhelming. This whole process is a life change. you are now physically forced to give up something that you have depended on for so long, it's scary , but you will make it. You definitely want to make sure you are getting your Protein in though, it will help with the hunger. Without enough protein you will not lose weight, and thats something you don't want to happen. give this some time to run it's course before you totally give up. Keep your head up and good luck.:smile2:

OK so right now you are feeling like you made a huge mistake and you just want your old lifestyle back. I look at your age and at 29 you are probably not dealing with comorbidity issues like diabetes, arthritis, High Blood Pressure, high cholesterol......If you get the weight off now, these will not haunt you when you are older. You ARE doing the right thing....You say you are not withdrawing from food.....maybe your "freakouts" as you call them are your way of withdrawing from food....everyone does it differently. As time passes, as your incisions heal, as you get stronger and start eating real food, and the weight starts coming off you will realize that you made the right choice for yourself, it will change everything about you....you will eat to live, not live to eat....You will be glad you made life changing decision.

There are other choices in Protein than the shakes....check out the internet. Good luck to you, I hope your mindset changes soon and you come to terms with you decision..........I will be rooting for you:thumbup:

It will get better! I was banded on 8/1, so I'm not too far ahead of you. The first week was really hard to say the least. Just smelling food was torture. I have done Atkins for years so the Protein shakes don't bother me but I'm lucky to finish one all day and only getting 27-30g/day. But I did find online some Protein Shots that are only 3oz and 42g of Protein. You will feel sooo much better physically and mentally just getting in your protein.

But what really gets me through... My Mom and my sister are both banded. Watching them eat whatever they want now but in moderation and the ability to ask them thousands of questions when everything seems to surreal is enough to keep me excited for the next steps. It is a progression and it's getting easier already! Keep your head up and dream of how you'll feel and look when you hit your goal!