Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A little update--

I don't think I've really posted much at all since being banded, so I figure I probably should come here and say something! I was banded with a Realize band on August 5th by Dr. Brian Lahman at Silver Cross hospital in Joliet. The experience there was wonderful, everyone I dealt with was extremely nice, and I had a private room to stay in over night with a flat screen tv and everything. Just a very pleasant experience over all I highly recommend Dr.Lahman if you're in the area.

Surgery day- surprisingly enough, I was not nervous at all, I was anxious to have it done but wasn't the slightest bit nervous. I kept thinking "oh well, I'm sure it'll settle in once I'm there, or once I'm all hooked up, or when they wheel me to the operating room." and I was just, surprisingly calm about the whole thing. I was admitted quickly, and they got me hooked up and set to go, with about an hour to go until surgery. My parents stayed with me until I went back, I was given a sedative, which actually knocked me out before the anesthesia did :) Next thing I knew I woke up in recovery, feeling like someone had used my tummy as a punching bag :thumbup: It was about 45 minutes to an hour before they brought me up to my room (though I slept through most of that time) I wont lie, My abdomen was very swollen and sore, and the morphine just kinda took the edge off (later that night they upped the dosage a tiny bit, which helped.) It just helped to be more medicated when I had to get up to use the bathroom and such. I had lots of visitors though, which was really nice. My parents were there, my friend and her mom stepped by, 2 of my very closest friends came and stayed for a few hours, and then my mom's cousin, who had bypass about 3 years ago came too:biggrin: It was nice, and helped keep my mind off of my sore tummy. Then even late at night when I couldn't sleep, my very close friend/sweetie stayed up online with me, making me feel better. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome support group in my friends and family! :lol:

I learned quickly that warm liquids were the only thing my tummy liked, the cold made it hurt morseo.. so I lived on Decaf tee for 2 days. I went home still on Clear Liquids the next day and felt pretty good with the vicodin and all that, it was the next day where the hunger/gas pain came in, and I actually got really nautious from the vicodin (clear liquids just wasnt cutting it when it came to keeping the vicodin from making me sick) So I switched to tylenol and after a few days the gas pain subsided.

As for now, I feel great! I've lost 10lbs since surgery, and even though the scale hasn't moved in a week, my face, shoulders, middle, legs.. etc, are all showing signs of shrinking little by little! I must be losing it in different places then before, because I'm wearing a medium sized shirt and it's not a sausage casing! :lol: So far, I don't mind the strict Protein diet much at all. I get 4oz of protein each meal, 3 times a day, and will be doing so until 3 months post-op when i can start adding non-starchy veggies back in, after 4 months I can add fruit again, and when I lose 75% of my excess weight, or at twelve months, I can have carbs again (as in whole wheat breads/pastas/etc) It's all going to be so worth it! I already can't wait for my annual trip with friends next summer, they wont have seen me for a whole year, aside from pictures, so I can't wait to show them the results of the surgery!! I'm so glad I had this done, for the first time ever, I feel like this time, I AM going to drop the weight , I AM going to be healthier, I AM going to look and feel so much better! No more maybe's/hopefully's! :tongue:

Congrats!! I think warmth may also help in the morning when our bands are supposedly feel a little tighter

I must be losing it in different places then before, because I'm wearing a medium sized shirt and it's not a sausage casing! :wub:

I'm so glad I had this done, for the first time ever, I feel like this time, I AM going to drop the weight , I AM going to be healthier, I AM going to look and feel so much better! No more maybe's/hopefully's! :smile2:

You Go Girl!!!!!!! I love the sausage casing analogy. I'll have to keep that in mind when I am finally able to get back into some clothes without looking downright vulgar. Keep your super positive attitude...it has really revved me up for the day!

I'm glad to hear everything is going well for you. And your are RIGHT! This time you ARE going to lose the weight! You ARE going to be healthier!

Sounds like your doing great! You are right it is all going to be so worth it. It must be nice to see some results to quickly. Keep up the good work.