Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

this that fall on the floor stay there?

hey anyone else have that same thought...?

I just figure maybe if it is on the floor now i don't need it...cus it hurts to pick stuff up...the day after surgery i dropped my cell phone and i swear it took me like 20 mins to get it...

So i dread going back to work for that reason if i drop soemthing...no way can i jump around like before at the moment...

I swear it still drives me crazy to pick something up I drop...i live alone so although the fact that i can't lift my vac outta the closet, one thing i forgot to place out in the open so i could use it...(old kirby, wieghs a ton)

The fact that my floor looks like i shaved my dog in here bothers me at the moment...and of course he gets any food i should happen to drop, but he isn't so helpful with the other things...

So anyone else feel that things on the floor are ment to be there for awhile? lol i sound crazy...:)

People think I'm crazy when they see it, but I pick things up with my feet and bring them up high enough to reach. My whole family does it and it is generally so fast that folks take a double-take. If we have socks on the floor, we grab em with the toes and bring them up in from of your knee (twisting the knee, not lifting it). Just high enough so that you can grab them with your hand. Depending on what it is, we also bring it up behind our thighs. It's gotten harder as I've gotten bigger, but I still pick up socks, washcloths, etc. that way.

People think I'm crazy when they see it, but I pick things up with my feet and bring them up high enough to reach. My whole family does it and it is generally so fast that folks take a double-take. If we have socks on the floor, we grab em with the toes and bring them up in from of your knee (twisting the knee, not lifting it). Just high enough so that you can grab them with your hand. Depending on what it is, we also bring it up behind our thighs. It's gotten harder as I've gotten bigger, but I still pick up socks, washcloths, etc. that way.

That's hilarious I do the same thing!!!! I got it from my mom!

It's amazing the number of things on the floor that I have just refused to pick up. It can stay there until I can :thumbup:

While the pain is going away, I had trouble even putting on my pantyhose this morning to go to work. I actually considered going without, but... that control top is a must so I stuck it out!

haha ok glad i am not alone, tomorrow i will brave the jeans for work...not excited about anything around my lower cut site, done the bra thing a few times not so bad...

i just hope i don't drop them on the floor...lol

ah at least my dog has reframed from bringing in sticks and chewing them up...I think he knows I would flip out...lol

i think i may try to see about getting a neighbor to bring my vac out but i don't want her to see the floor...lol:blushing:

oh and lana the picking things up with my feet would be ok but even getting the leg up can be painful...

When i dropped my cell at the hospital i wish i had a film crew cus i bet it was funny...it was like ok a little bit more...ok whoa...ah...ok got it...lol oh and it is an iphone and those things no way can u get em with ur toes...i could have kicked it...but not pick it up...shapped like bars of soap and just as slick...lol

Edited by riamonsterz

I pick things up with my feet all of the time. Just a weird thing that I do. It really is easier than having to bend over all the time! LOL

I have four dogs so any food that hits the floor is fair game, they are pretty quick!

oh and lana the picking things up with my feet would be ok but even getting the leg up can be painful...When i dropped my cell at the hospital i wish i had a film crew cus i bet it was funny...it was like ok a little bit more...ok whoa...ah...ok got it...lol oh and it is an iphone and those things no way can u get em with ur toes...i could have kicked it...but not pick it up...shapped like bars of soap and just as slick...lol

This is a fantastically funny picture in my head now! I'll giggle today when I see my boss pull out her iPhone :smile2: