Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible slip? Need your input!

Hello All,

It's been a LONG time since I have been on this site, due to work, etc!

Now, I have a BIG question. I think my band may have slipped and I want to get your input. I don't want to run to the Dr. if there is actually nothing wrong.

About 4 days ago I experienced severe acid reflux 2-3 days in a row (and i'm on protonix already) - to the point that my boyfriend could HEAR it! And now my stomach feels- odd. It's kind of sore, and rubmles around. Something just does not feel right. I have had a standing appt. for a fill next week, but don't want to panic...What do you guys think? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks for your input,

~Pamela:confused:

Hey Pamela

I have had my band for over 3 years, couple of months ago started having reflux bad at night. Ended up going to my Dr. because i had not been in a while. Dr had me do a barium swallow. My band had slipped. He did an un-fill. Dr had me do liquids for a week, mushies a week then regular food. I went back in last week, had another barium swallow, all looks good. Had a slight fill have nto had any problems

So, you probably should go to the DR...........

Don't wait...you may have pouch dilation, esophgeal dilation or a slip. My niece had reflux so back with her dilation it almost severely damages her esophogus. I also had what they thought was pouch dilation, actually a slip and had my band replaced just this past monday with a new ap band. Now I know my band is in the correct place and we can proceed again. Don't play around with reflux or a slip. My pouch did go down after an unfill but then starting getting big again after several fills. I actually had a slip and am extremely happy I went ahead and had surgery again. There was no hope for me to lose the wait I have regained until the slip was fixed. good luck!

don't wait like i did. I was spitting up during the night. Went to the doctor found out that is one of the signs something is wrong. In mycase by band was too tight. Had to get a barium swallow, showed I had a small hiatal hernia, but my band was still in tact.

Hi Suebaby,

Thanks for your reply. I went to the Dr. and it was a slight slip. He did an unfill and I go back in 2 weeks...I'm on liquids and mushies. He said we may be able to do a fill after that. We'll see. How have you been doing since the slip?

~Pamela.

Pamela,

I have not had any problems. When i had my fill he only put 1.0 I usually have 1.6 or 1.8 We are taking it slow but all has been well !!! Keep me posted.

did you have pain when you eat? Three days ago I got the stomach flu and threw up I had acid re all night and have not been able to eat with out pain I put my self on liquids and it is a bit better today. should I wait a week or go to doc

don't wait like i did. I was spitting up during the night. Went to the doctor found out that is one of the signs something is wrong. In mycase by band was too tight. Had to get a barium swallow, showed I had a small hiatal hernia, but my band was still in tact.