Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. John Bagnato - H2O - Challenge

Guest Leslie2Lose

Guest Leslie2Lose

Okay - Let's be honest. How are ya'll on your Water intake? I've been abismal lately! I like it ICE cold - or I'm not drinking it. I've gotten to where I like it plain, well with ice. No Crystal Lite or anything. Now and again I'll add the CL, but today it's been all water.

I'm vowing from today forward I'm going to get in my water. Today my eyeballs are floating and I've become reaquainted with the ladies room at work.

I'm calling this a water challenge...well, because I like accountability. I do track it (most of the time) on dailyplate. Anyone else having problems getting in their minimal water intake?

I don't have much trouble drinking at least 64 ozs a day, but I can't drink it ice cold. I usually have to let any refrigerated Water warm up a little before I can drink it, especially in the morning. The experts do say though, that you burn more calories drinking cold water than room temp. The cold seems to invigorate your insides a little.

I am going to try this... I am a teacher, so being able to go to the bathroom is a challenge, but I will give it a shot. I NEED to get my Water in!

Guest Leslie2Lose

Hydration Calculator - Drinking Enough Water

I don't like the "about.com" websites - too many popups, but thought this calculator was interesting.

It says I need:

129.5 ounces of Water today, or 3.9 liters.

If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your Water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 103.6 ounces of water today, or 3.1 liters.

Pretty cool. Here's what mine said:

134 ounces of Water today, or 4 liters.

If you eat a healthy diet, about 20 percent of your Water may come from the foods you eat. If you eat a healthy diet you can drink 107.2 ounces of water today, or 3.2 liters.

I know I haven't been having nearly enough. That's a lot of water.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I'm aiming for 100 ounces. This may be TMI - but my urine is now almost clear (since I started upping my water). It used to be a lot darker. I've heard your Water intake affects it - the clearer the better. Myth or something to it?

I went for my first fill today and I will be lucky to get Water in me at all. I only drank about 50 oz prior to the fill and 12 since. :/ Hopefully tomorrow I can get more in.

Ok Im in for the challenge. I am supposed to have 160.5 ounces of Water a day or with a healthy diet 128.4 ounces. I am going to aim for 100 ounces a day. I need to drink more than what I normally take in and I know that it will help in my dieting.

Thanks for the link - Mine said 90 ozs or 72 ozs with healthy diet. I've been drinking at least 70 ozs on most days, so I'm pretty close but could up it a little.

I buy Water in 20oz bottles and drink one each morning, then refill it with tap water and have another bottle in the afternoon and another in the evening. That's 60 oz plus each day. It's just the easiest way for me to keep track and stay on track.

Guest Leslie2Lose

How's everyone doing on the challenge?

Rosie - that's a great idea. I'm afraid it wouldn't be cold enough for me though. I guess I could partically freeze it?

At work we have a Water cooler - I have a 16 oz cup at my desk - I've been getting four of those in a day since starting this challenge. I really didn't think about my Water before. Now it is a consious effort....Now I just need to make it a habit. I can tell my swelling (my fingers are always swollen when I wake up) has gone down. I really think I was dehydrated before. I can tell a difference in my skin too...it's only been a week :-)

I've been doing pretty good with my Water. I haven't been getting 100 ounces but I've been making sure I get at least 64 ounces. I am going to try to gradually work up to the 100 ounces.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Pamela - I spoke to Leslie (OTC) about my Water intake last week when I had my fill. She said 100 was a bit high - to shoot for around 80. I've been getting in anywhere between 64-80. Not always counting, but drinking most of the day (between meals). She said if you drink too much it can flush out your kidneys. Obviously that's a bad thing.