Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck in Toronto

The hardest thing about the TT recovery is "trying not to do too much". I feel great, but the clinic told me that my body needs energy to heal, and that if I use up that energy doing other things, my full recovery will take longer.

Also. I am going to have to learn what clothing styles look good with a flat stomach LOL -- I can't believe it.

I had my TT less than a week ago, but I already love it.

Start saving Cindy, you are gonna want to buy yourself one of these flat stomachs!!

Michee, I'm so jealous!

Your blurb says you were ten pounds over your goal, does that mean that when you got there, you were thin enough? I suppose when you are 100 pounds overweight, it is hard to know what weight you should be.

Was the pain bad? That price sounds really reasonable.

Mary

Both Docs I consulted with said if I was within 20-30 pounds of my goal weight I would be pleased with the results.

I was hoping to be 5 pounds from goal at the time of surgery, but as you can see I was 9 pounds away.

The TT was day surgery, and surprisingly was less painful than getting banded. Probably because there is no gas pain.

In terms of price it was kind of in the middle for this area. A friend of mine had a TT that was cheaper, but that Doc uses the hospital and I was adamant that I wanted the surgery in a private clinic. The doc I used offers both clinic or hospital.

Wearing this binder for the next 5 weeks is not gonna be fun, however buying myself a pair of size 4 (FOUR) pants this afternoon was FABULOUS fun!

Actually the most fun was when I came out of the change room in the crowded store, and the sales clerk says, "oh those look too big, let me get you size 4"

You are really gonna want a TT when you get closer to your goal.

Wow, that sounds like a dream. What is the binder? Like a girdle? Can you have a shower while you have this?

I'm a year at least away from this, but it is encouraging to know that it isn't very painful. I was really lucky not to have the gas with my lap band surgery, but I've heard how sore that is.

Thanks for your info about this.

Take care,

mary

the binder is a huge elastic girdle that you do up with velcro. You can take it off to shower and then you put it back on. I have 2 so I can wash one, wear the other etc.

Mary, a year will go by faster than you think......

I knew I would get a TT, and it was a good thing to think about when I was going to the gym at 6:00am in February. Twice my car got stuck in the gym parking lot, because I got their before the snow plow!

I am working out like crazy too, hoping to avoid any further surgery, but I know that is highly unlikely. Would you recommend your surgeon then? Was he nice?

I was thinking, as I read another thread about this, that you may well be closer to your goal than you think by the time you've healed. They must have taken some pounds off when they took away extra skin.

So with all that exercising, you still had a "fold over"? Or just wrinkly skin? Sorry to be so graphic, but I am very interested for what may be ahead. I can't imagine life without this belly I've had forever. Where will I rest my hands? :)

Is the girdle to help with the muscles? Or do they cut them at all?

I finally feel like I am getting closer to the point where you are at. I put on a coat today (a winter coat) to show my DH that I could likely get away with this coat for this winter, and it was as if I was a child, putting on a grown up's coat! I haven't really felt that I've taken that weight off.

Thanks for telling us all about it.

Mary

Michee,

Thanks for sharing . I too want a TT and love to hear all I can about your experience. When did you feel to to going back to work ?

Do they use staples ?

Thanks so much :)