Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Group Last Night

Hey guys...Sorry I missed last nights group meeting.I could have sworn there was a post up about it, Jorjet started it...and I mentioned in my reply that I couldn't get there because of a problem I had with my baby sitter. How was it? What did I miss?

I had a doctors appointment with Dr. Kwon yesterday. He gave me a little fill. I now have 1.5cc's in my band. He put that in orginally when he did surgery, but air bubbles and stuff went away, bringing me down to 1.0cc's.....I feel a slight difference. I gained a pound, and I can eat more than I should. He said 3 ounces of chicken should be filling right now, and I can eat about 6 ounces.....sooo to go with the side of caution, he gave me a fill. I was SOOO SCARED! But he has great hands and experience...I have been thru worse. I had two amniocentisis when I was pregnt. I was thinking it was gonna feel simular to that! NOPE...Thank God for being wrong!

I also start Curves tonight. The little skinny perky lady that signed me up asked me how I felt about exercise....aaaa you tell me lady. I don't look like Im running many marathons do I??? I can honestly say I am not excited about this in the least...but I do know exercise works. Soo, gotta do what I gotta do. I dont especially like waking up at 5am to get to work on time either, but I have to do that too!!! I am sure that once I get going and I start to see a difference, my attitude will change. I don't like change very much and I was sooo happy sitting on my computer at night after work and talking to my friends......bummer.....oh well, change is bound to happen and this is a GOOD THING....there that was my effort at changing my mind set...Now I must go drink coffee....feeling sorta synical today...gonna be one of 'dem days.........

Hey porclndoll,

The meeting was good, There was about 30+ people there, Alot more pre-ops this time including myself and my sister. The dietician was suppose to come but never did (marti is hoping for next time)..We just discussed food, Etc.. It was nice!

Thank you Kristen....

It sucks when I have to miss a meeting! I am working on getting another babysitter, just for back up! We will see how this one works!! Sucks that the dietician didn't show! We all have a lot of questions that I am sure she would be helpful in answering! Your surgery hasn't been scheduled yet right? You have to go for the endo still right? Your very well on your way though! The whole process took me about three months from beginning to end........Not too bad....and the insurance approval came really quick too....soo I was very lucky. I really like having my band! I wish I would have desided on this sooner!

Okaydokay..gotta get back to work. I will talk to you later!

Hey.

I just had my endo on 6/8 let me tell you i didn't feel a thing but i WAS SCARED AS HELL LOL!!! I even starting crying before i went into the OR. Anyways, I have my sleep study 6/25 and my consult with DR kwon on 7/11/2005 so i am hoping by august to have surgery, I am going on a mini vacation in the beginning of aug so i am hoping to push like the second week of aug..

Kristen

Hi Porcl,

I did post something on Monday, but .....it is gone....

Anyway.....we missed ya, it sucks not having a dependable sitter. What about your hubby? Wont he sit for ya?

I went ot Dr. Kwon today and got my first fill.

You are right, he is very gentle.

I am feeling great, but this heat is killing me. I can't wait till school is out on the 24th, then I am off for the summer.

Mauri's meeting was good, sorry you missed it. Hope to see ya next time...

Keep Cool, and have a great weekend.

Hugs,

Jorjet

Jorjet...

My husband works late every single night..so hes not home for group...If he were home, it would be no problem at all. My mom watches my son when I go out. She has MS, and is having a hard time right now. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, she has helped me out sooo much since my son has been born. But just recently shes sorta in a funk...guess thats the best way to describe it. She doesn't wanna come out of her house.My last day is the 23rd. Then I am going to the graduation ceremony on the 25th. My student is graduating high school! I can't believe it! (I am a 1:1 aide to a student with a disablity!) I can't believe that the time has gone so quickly. This is my second year with him too! Anyway....Im so happy to have had Dr Kwon do my fill. I am feeling it! Thats for sure!!! I should be there next time around. I am working on getting a stand by baby sitter, and I think I have my nephew interested.....waive enough cash infront of a kids face and all kinds of things happen! Naw, he is good with my son! And I would never be farther than a phone call away, so it may work out good!

Okay. I hope to be at the next meeting!!! I will pst something if I can't be!

TTYL

I have been soo busy that I missed alot of meetings . I am now off the schedule please can someone bring me up to date

pat....im right there with you. i missed mondays meeting too because i totally forgot!! sad isn't it! i have so much going on right now, i don't know which way is up! id like an update on whats going on too!!! thanks everyone.

Our next meeting is at the Orange Inn, on Monday June 27th@ 6:45

Hope to see you guys there...

Hugs......