Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

pain under ribs on left side

seems like everyone had to do the liquid diet much longer then me. I am following what my diet stages say. I have stage 1 to 4 and I am on stage 2 mushy foods. only 1/2 cup when I have any foods in the food processor with broth...too help make mushy.

Lisa

My liquid diet is two weeks, progrssing from Jello and broth to Soups and yogurt and sugar free pudding, Starting tomorrow, my 3rd week and can have the yogurt, and low fat ricotta and cottage cheese and pureed fruits. That for 2 more weeks then on to mushy soft foods. No real food till week 6. But I am getting used to it.

Belly is still a bit extended. My port is feeling much better, by the day.

My port still hurts not anything like last week but like coughing, sneezing, and when I sleep when I move from side to side sometimes it's like some one is stabbing me. I worked today for 4 hrs for the first time in 2 weeks and my port hurt allot. My whole stomach hurt. I do another 4 hrs Friday too. Then Monday back to full time. I have to make myself understand that it will take awhile for the port to feel better.

Lisa

I had the same problem but it passed after a few weeks. I felt it more when I was on liquids because I became constipated. The pain seemed to up up to my left shoulder after that. I experience it more right after a fill. I've had 2 fills since the surgery. Sometimes I think it has something to do with the gas that is working it's way out of your system (not your intestines). Who know?! :cursing: Hang in there, it will ease up and soon you will begin to feel brand new!

I was banded today and my post site is so swollen. Actually I feel swollen all over. I can feel every drop of Water I swallow, did anyone else feel this???

Veronica

I was banded on July 30th and I still have pain around the port. It's not something that is unbearable. I don't need pain medicine or anything. Usually by the time I notice it it's already going away. My doctor said that was perfectly normal considering that there was trauma to the abdominal muscle. So it's going to be a little sore for awhile, don't let it worry you unless you really experience severe or sudden pain.

I was banded Aug 5th and I still to have this stabbing pain were my port is. I guess it is going to take awhile for it to go away. Sometimes I still take meds at night so when I turn from side to side it won't hurt too much.

I know the port is in the stomach muscle right there and everything you do uses that muscle. I just started back at work Thursday and my stomach was really sore. Friday wasn't as bad. The doctor told me it will be awhile, but I really thought by now it would go away. Sometimes it feels like someone stabbed me. When I go for a walk sometimes I have to hold that part of my stomach. I gues this is all normal.

Lisa