Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone who said this doesn't hurt=lies!

When i got banded i joined a thread on this site for whiney babies because it hurt so much so i know how you feel but it gets better i promise you that good luck

I find it amusing that so many people think others get "Lucky".

So far I am;

"lucky" to have not had pain.

"lucky" to be able to eat right.

"lucky" to be able to exercise.

"lucky" to have lost down to goal.

"lucky" to have stayed there for over 2 years now.

That's an awful lot of "luck" for one person. I wonder if it comes down to what you expect & are willing to work for. If you expect to be in bed for a month post banding, you likely will be. If you expect that you can't exercise, you likely won't be able to, if you expect that you won't like healthy foods, you likely won't, and if you expect failure, you will get exactly that.

I can honestly say, without a doubt in my mind, that pushing a baby out of my vagina was far more painful than having a band wraped around my stomach when I was out. I was awake for the baby thing. That did hurt because, well, I was one of these fools who said "no thanks" to all the drugs they offered. So for my money, expelling another human being from my body was more pain.

But yeah. Those who don't have pain that puts them in bed for a month are "lucky".

Edited by Chickie

Well I am not lying when I say I had very little pain. I was able to sleep on my tummy the first night. Tired for a few days? Yes. Pain? No.

There was a little discomfort (probably gas) for about an hour after the surgery but the nurse walked me around a little and it went away.

I did not stay overnight in the hospital. The surgery only took about 30 minutes. Then I was in recover for a few hours.

Warning to those who found recovery from lapband surgery very painful

Do not get a full brazilian wax

I have got to say that my first full brazilian was the worst pain I have ever felt. Luckily it is over pretty quickly. On a pain scale, my lapband/hernia surgery was a 2, and my brazilian was a 9.5

I have a new theory, the more painful the surgery the better results, mine of course was pretty much pain free, lol, nanook.

My surgery wasn't that painful either. My problem was that I got dehydrated because I could hardly drink anything from the swelling. Therefore I had nausea for about 5 days. The soreness from surgery was a piece of cake compared to the constant nausea.

Yes everyone is different. I had no pain, I was just a little uncomfortable getting in and out of the recliner. I was VERY tired. I would exhaust easy.

I know with surgery gas pain is a concern. I had none with this one but when I had my second child (c-section) The gas pain was horrible !!!

I have a new theory, the more painful the surgery the better results, mine of course was pretty much pain free, lol, nanook.

Mine was pain free too. I have been at goal over 2 years. Sorry to squash your theory!

Mine was pain free too. I have been at goal over 2 years. Sorry to squash your theory!

Don't worry Chickie I think we allllll know!

Don't worry Chickie I think we allllll know!

Just saying, incase everyone thinks banded folk end up bitter if they wake up pain free.

It would be such a shame, don't you think BrandyII?

I didn't have any pain or painkillers. I did have discomfort from the gas (and a bit of the trots). Had it not been for that last feature, I would have gone back to work a few days aftr surgery. As it was, I missed three days and the weekend before going back. I DID find a WONDERFUL new device that made me very, very happy - a VIBRATING heating pad. Oh my. As my Dad would say "That's the cat's ass!"

I flew home from Juarez a day early, that did wear me out. I was on a IV for 24 hours, but my doctor only gave me 2 days of pain meds.

I thought he was stingy with the pain meds, but since I wasnt hurting that much he wouldnt give me extras. I said they help me sleep at night, but nope.

I could have stayed in a hotel room that night, it was paid for already but was ready to get home where folks spoke english (I know thats probably mean to say).

My surgery was this past thursday, 8/14/08, and my doctor uses a pain ball with his patients. It literally is a ball full of numbing medication that sits in a fanny pack that is strapped around your waist. The pain ball has a small tubing that comes out of it and goes into one of your port incisions and delivers the meds to keep your pain under control. It has been wonderful and I have only taken percocet at night to knock me out to sleep! :mad2:

I had mine in Jaurez also but DR gave me 2wks worth of pain meds. I'm just saying it wasn't the worst pain i ever felt but my port site was really sore for a while. still is sometimes. breast reduct & lift and Tummy Tuck pain about a 4 lapband pain about a 6 I still can't sleep on my tummy it makes my port feel like it's shoved up under my ribs. just so you know i had the tt 2yrs ago and the breast about 5mo. ago. kinda backwards i guess but hey that's me. wish i had done the lapband first, it would have made more since. live and learn

everybody has a different pain level, different pain tolerance. i was miserable for a couple of weeks, and if i had had to FLY the next day, forget it.

i promise you will feel better soon. but who told you it wouldn't hurt?