Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Fill

I'm actually able to eat everything right now - steak, rice, anything. So far nothing's gotten stuck, so I'm assuming I'm going to need a fill or else everything is going through.

Last night I had chicken nuggets because I worked late and it was all the canteen had left, and they didn't even make me feel full, they were so processed. So until my fill, I need to be extra careful about what I eat.

Today I was out and about (first day of school!) and I was running around town all day. Anywho, I realized I forgot to give my 3 grader his lunch money so I went to Jack in the box and got him a chicken sandwich. I also got myself their new (I guess it's new) grilled chicken strips...it was go good! I ate tiny little bites and it was SUPER MOIST, I had no problems and felt full after just a couple of them. I've been meaning all day since I did that to check the nutrition on them. I hope their not to bad because they were good!:blink:

I'd wondered about those grilled chicken strips at JitB. I was afraid they would be dry. But I'll have to give them a try in a couple of weeks, when I am able to add them. Wonder what the sodium count is? Probably sky high, like all fast food.

My first fill is September 8, 5 weeks to the day post surgery. Hoo!

Ok I just checked it out. Not too bad! For four grilled chicken breast strips....180 cal, 2 Fat, 3 carbs, 2 sugar gms, & 37 gms of Protein.< /div>

Cutie, I'm so jealous that you can have real food so soon after surgery. It just amazes me how all these docs are so different. I won't be eating real food till probably the end of September sometime. Geez! I'm still on Clear Liquids, but last night I got RAVENOUS and needed something with flavor so I made a can of special request Cream of Chicken Soup and sucked it down. It was sooooo good. I feel like I cheated and I kept thinking "OMG! I hope I didn't ruin my band healing!"

I do know I need more protein, so I'm gonna start sucking on those whey Protein Bullets I bought, I guess. I don't need my damn hair falling out! Sheeeeeet! LOL!

Vegasgirl, my doctor recommends 40-60 g of Protein a day. I get that with Muscle Milk, Lean Body by Labrada, and Protein Blitz by Designer Whey drinks. That's what I'm living on, aside from a cup of broth each day and Water, of course. (oh and 4 ounces of Starbucks Iced Green Tea lol). I've finally settled into a routine with those and my daily totals are 64 g protein, 64 or more ounces of Fluid (including the protein drinks) and just under 500 calories. I haven't noticed any Hair loss, thank goodness.

I'm hungry most of the time, but it's usually just vague and not really that bad. If I space everything out during the day I do fine. But guess what I've learned? Being a little hungry is not going to kill me! :)

lellow and Cutie - I am so jealous that you guys are eating real food :) I have to wait until next week and I can do eggs and the inside of fish. I am so ready to start using me teeth again:biggrin:

Claudine,

if it's any consolation though, my weight loss slowed once I started on mushies, and has now stopped completely now I'm on regular food! This is despite still only having around 1000 calories a day and exercising most days!

Vegasgirl, my doctor recommends 40-60 g of Protein a day. I get that with Muscle Milk, Lean Body by Labrada, and Protein Blitz by Designer Whey drinks. That's what I'm living on, aside from a cup of broth each day and Water, of course. (oh and 4 ounces of Starbucks Iced Green Tea lol). I've finally settled into a routine with those and my daily totals are 64 g protein, 64 or more ounces of Fluid (including the protein drinks) and just under 500 calories. I haven't noticed any Hair loss, thank goodness.

I'm hungry most of the time, but it's usually just vague and not really that bad. If I space everything out during the day I do fine. But guess what I've learned? Being a little hungry is not going to kill me! :)

Misty, I can't even have my regular Protein Drinks until next week. I have to have clear liquids now and so I have to get that by my IDS protein bullets and Isopure. I just crave something will some real flavor and substance to it. Hence, the cream of chicken fiasco.

Claudine,

if it's any consolation though, my weight loss slowed once I started on mushies, and has now stopped completely now I'm on regular food! This is despite still only having around 1000 calories a day and exercising most days!

Yeah and I woke up today 3 lbs UP!:)

get a tape measure out cutie! I was talking to my brother who is a personal trainer and he reckons we lost muscle as well as fat when on our liquid diet (our bodies don't discriminate between muscle and fat when in starvation mode) and now that we're eating and exercisng, we're gaining muscle back, which is heavier than fat. It's why our scales will now stay the same or even go up. But our body shapes should STILL be changing.

I didn't believe him until I put on a top I wore last week and it's noticeably more loose! And I haven't lose on measly lb. So I'm getting a tape measure today and am going to measure my waist, butt and boobs as well as weighing myself. Ichatter was saying she only lost .3lb this week but lost 6.5 inches!

I ran across an old (1993) notebook where I had written down daily advice from Richard Simmons' Day-by-Day Video series. As I read through it, looking for anything I might want to keep, I came across this: use a length of ribbon to track inches lost. I thought it was a great idea, and plan to put it to use. I'm thinking about getting a separate length of ribbon for each place I want to measure, and use a Sharpie to mark the ribbon as I shrink, even add the measurement date right to the ribbon.

I think it'll be a wonderful record of inches lost, even more than just seeing the numbers on a chart.

Thanks Lellow and Misty! I feel alot better because I know I have not eaten more than a 1000 a day and my body burns over 1850 doing nothing!

BTW...I got my fill date! Is was going to be on the 2nd but, I changed it the 9th because on the 6th, were having a girls family weekend for my sister's 50th birthday. And were going to be going to a Mystery dinner, and I don't want anything bad happening by mistake if you know what I mean!LOL

Good idea Cutie, that could have been nasty otherwise!!

what are ya'll eating in you mushie stage??

I have not lost anything since being on mushy foods and I expect the same when I go on soft foods. Lellow makes a good point about losing muscle during the liquid starvation mode. I am just happy not to gain any and I hope my first fill on 8/29 helps me with Portion Control.< /p>

Roheryn - For mushy foods I have been eating creamy mashed potatos, creamy Soups, sugar free pudding and yogurt.

This Friday I can start soft foods - eggs and some flaked fish.