Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post lap-band Aug. 6 YAY!

Hi everyone! Just joined today - had my lap band put in on August 6th at Central DuPage Hospital, Winfield, IL by Dr. David Klem; CDH Bariatrics. I feel great; still on shakes & Water, looking forward to my first post-surgical appointment on Tuesday, when hopefully he will advance me to pureed foods! Never thought that would sound good. lol Chewing - can't believe I miss chewing!! My postoperative experience as far as surgical pain hasn't been bad at all. First few days were a little rough with a terrible tearing sensation in the middle of my stomach and toward the right, but that faded after 4 days. I've had a little trouble "going," but without my daily coffee and OJ, my body is adjusting to new habits. I swore I'd never be able to give up coffee, even though I was a one-mug-per-morning girl, but I've done it and I hope I never go back... it was such a monkey. I still miss my morning OJ. I'm allowed to walk up to 30 minutes a day and I'm up to about 20. I started out at 309 pounds; I'm down 18 pounds (since July 15 when the 1000 calorie pre-surgical diet began). I'm absolutely amazed at how deconditioned I feel, even though before surgery I had an excellent workout routine at my local Y and worked out 3-4 times per week. I need to really push myself (once cleared) to get back to that exercise routine so I can FINALLY begin to lose weight. I had tried for years to lose weight and just couldn't... I have hypothyroidism and my metabolism just didn't seem to work. I'm really thankful to have been approved by BC/BS to have this surgery and be given a new chance at a more full, active life without the burden of the extra 125 or so pounds I'm carrying around. I want to be able to go to water parks, do a few coasters, go hiking, and most of all, horse back riding!!! I hope I didn't write too much here - I feel like I could go on and on.... Thank you for stopping in...

Lory

Lory,

Congratulations. I had my surgery on July 28th. I could not wait to get on mushies and chew something like you. My doctor had me on liquids for two weeks and Monday I started the mushies. It is great to finally chew something, but remember you have no restriction right around the time you start mushies, because the swelling has gone done which caused the feeling of restriction after surgery. So WILLPOWER is huge now until the first fill, which is now 4 weeks away. Even then he tells me restriction could take several fills. I am so happy I made this decision. Best thing I have done for me in a long time!!

Good luck to you. And Welcome, keep posting!

weight.png

Welcome Lory!!!

I'm still new on here too.. I was banded June 2, 2008 and it was the best thing i have ever done for myself. I wish i had done it years ago. I have dieted most of my life..up and down, in control, out of control, and was more out of control than ever before i got my band. I'm already feeling better.. And you and i have some of the same interests.. :thumbup: I can't wait until i can Water ski again, go to water parks, fit on the roller coaster rides, and go horseback riding...and my number one, is i can't wait to be able to have children!!!!

We have so much to look forward to!

Good luck and keep us updated!