Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting banded thursday

I GO THIS COMING THURSDAY TO HAVE MY LAP BAND SURGERY.. I WAS DOING FINE UNTIL I STARTED READING STUFF ON HERE THAT SCARRED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. I ALMOST WANTED TO BACK OUT OF THE SURGERY BUT I REALLY NEED IT. I HAVE BEEN OVER 300LBS FOR TO LONG AND I HAVE ALWAYS FELT LIKE THIS WAS AN ANSWERED PRAYER FROM THE LORD FOR ME.. DOES ANYONE HERE THAT HAS HAD THE SURGERY HAVE ANY COMFORTING MESSAGES TO HELP TAKE AWAY THIS FEAR..:rolleyes:

Marie~

Go, do it for your health! You will be so glad that you have taken this step to improve your health and start a new life! Surgery is a big step and it should not be taken lightly, you have every right to be apprehensive. If you weren't that would be strange.

I had my surgery last week and felt very nervous right before it happened, but I am so glad to have it behind me and I am now looking to a new future where I get to participate in life, not just watch it pass by! The surgery doesn't fix all of it, but it gives you a tool to work with to help improve your life.

I hope this helps! Look forward to Thursday as a new start.

You will be fine. I too got scared a few times when reading the message boards and had to remind myself that some of the things I read are really a small percentage of the the people who have been banded. I too knew that getting the band was an answer to prayer and that being the weight I was at would greatly reduce my life and quality of life. I found praying and listening to Christian music really helped ease my nerves.

thank you all so much. you all have eased my mind. I am looking forward to my surgery and my new life. I have 4 daughters who have always saw me overweight and sick alot. I am looking forward to my daughters reactions as they see their old mom melt away into a new smaller healthier mom. Again thank you and God Bless you all

I have a friend who suffered a complication and it scared me she is a medical professional and she still says it is a good thing..she personally had problems and even with that she still loved her band..........I have one too .........

I am to be banded in a few weeks and I have been reading loads on here that has freaked me out! HOWEVER!! I have read loads more positive stuff so feel like I can handle this and benefit greatly. Yesterday I came upon a poll here that polled loads and loads of people and 71% had a trouble-free time with their band the others had a variety of complications eg: port flipping, slipped band etc. After reading this I am remaining positive and I know that I can follow all the rules so I will be doing my best for a good outcome. Nothing is ever achieved if changes aren't made, so be strong, informed and positive that things will go well, and the chances are, they will be!. Best Wishes for Thursday.

It is nervous to get the jitters. I remember clearly how the surgery went and how nervous I was before hand. It was really a simple process and felt like it was over in an instant. Recovery is pretty good as well. I was just a little sore.

The best thing about it is that my worst day now is far better than my best day before banding. I feel absolutely wonderful. Good luck.

I am getting banded this thursday the 28th of August. I am also freaking out that something might go wrong.How are you feeling-Elisa

I am getting banded thursday Aug. 28. I am also freaking out that something might go wrong.How are you feeling-Elisa:cool2: