Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birmingham heartlands

Hi Sas

I thought it might be about a 3/4 month wait - thats what it was for my sister after the initial decision.

I had suggested the procedure to my sister a long time ago because she was also overweight, diabetic (injecting every day) and had a number of other medical problems. She asked her consultant about it, he agreed to refer her and it went through very quickly. Since the procedure she no longer has to inject and her diabetes has gone!!

I have given my sister the link now, so she will probably be on here soon too! - anyway Sass good luck with your progress!!

regards Juneyjoy

Hi Juney:smile:

Yes its not long to wait once the consultant confirms he can offer u the procedure , If I wasnt accepted my dad (bless his heart hes 76) was going to release some of my inheritance early to pay for the band private .

Of course I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

But he knew how much I wanted this ...

But lucky for me I met the criteria in every way , and from my gp's referral to my surgery it all ran smooth with no hiccups :tongue:

Im grateful everyday for this , I can tell u , Not one minute have I took anything of this NHS help for granted .

Thats amazing about your sisters meds , u hear it all the time , once weight starts to come off and u get healthier , medications are reduced and even stopped .

ITS FAB EH :tongue:

Keep me posted in your journey and If I can be of any help . JUST YELL :eek:

Sas x

hi Nataflee

have just read your bit about your dr and the problems that you are having you say that you were gonna take another look at the hospital group but had heard not too good things about them. I had my band fitted at the hospital group in july 2007 and they have been brilliant i know that its 7500 pounds but i couldnt of had better care the op has been sucessful and i have lost 60lbs (just over 4 stone) in a year and am now the lightest i have been in ten years.

Befor my op i had heard some pretty grim things about the hospital group so was a little nervous but i needn't have been so have another look and ask all the questions and bug them for the answers or you can contact me. hope all goes well

chunky:smile2:

Hi Chunky

thanx for that, yeah i think most people have had problem with the aftercare side of things especially if theyve been on a cheaper package, they said it's a night mare trying to get follow up appointments and to get booked in for fills etc

but yeah i will look into them more, ideally i would like to try and get the 3.5k together to go abrod first but if i cant do that then it will be a choice between THG or Surcicare somonelike that that offer the payment plans so i can go down that route

Thanx

Natalie

Hi Sas

Your journey seemed nice and smooth too - I had said to my husband that if I was turned down this time, I would definately have applied for a loan.

At 57 I already feel like I have wasted 20 years being overweight, so good for you at 37!!

I will be in touch again when I hear about my appointment!!

se ya hon!!

Hi Sas

Just to let you know, I had my appointment to see Mr Super come through for December - so I telephoned to see if there was any cancellations and got one for yesterday!! (27/10/08).

They were absolutely great and explained everything fully - then went on to see the video and dietician. My husband was well impressed (I think he was secretly a bit worried). Anyway, I have the usual 2/3 month wait now, but I have told them I would be up for any cancellation that may occur, so they have made a note of that too!!

My sister has lost 2 stone already, but the last two weeks nothing. She actually had an appointment at the clinic yesterday too (her first after the op) and they said that she has to eat a bit more bulk instead of the mushy now, but shes well pleased.

I hope you are doing well Sas, please let me know, Im still not sure how to use this site?? but I hope this gets to you!

Bye for now

Juneyjoy

Hi ya Juney x

Thats great news well done , yes after the seminar I waited 4 months until my surgery , well worth waiting for hun .

Im still loosing steadily , lost 35 pounds since my pre op diet & surgery .

Im now 4 and half weeks post op and I feel Just great .

Wishing u a smooth & successful journey hun

Keep me posted hun

Sas xxxxxxxx:thumbup:

Hi Juney:smile:

Yes its not long to wait once the consultant confirms he can offer u the procedure , If I wasnt accepted my dad (bless his heart hes 76) was going to release some of my inheritance early to pay for the band private .

Of course I said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:eek:

But he knew how much I wanted this ...

But lucky for me I met the criteria in every way , and from my gp's referral to my surgery it all ran smooth with no hiccups :thumbup:

Im grateful everyday for this , I can tell u , Not one minute have I took anything of this NHS help for granted .

Thats amazing about your sisters meds , u hear it all the time , once weight starts to come off and u get healthier , medications are reduced and even stopped .

ITS FAB EH :girl_hug:

Keep me posted in your journey and If I can be of any help . JUST YELL :smile2:

Sas x

Hi Sas - Just to let you know I have my pre-op appointment on the 15th December and my surgery is scheduled for the 2nd January!! I`m so happy:teeth_smile: Glad to hear

you are doing well - speak to you after my op!! JuneyJoy:thumbs_up:

Hi Sas - Just to let you know I have my pre-op appointment on the 15th December and my surgery is scheduled for the 2nd January!! I`m so happy:teeth_smile: Glad to hear

you are doing well - speak to you after my op!! JuneyJoy:thumbs_up:

Hi Sas

Just to let you know I had my surgery on 2nd January - everything went nice and smooth from admission to recovery. I really feel that Mr. Super and his team are "angels" sent to help us larger ladies! (not for long eh!)

I am two weeks in now and have already lost 1/2 stone, so I am well pleased:thumbup:.

How are you doing? I`d love to hear from you.

Bye for now JuneyJoy