Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Birmingham heartlands

Hi all anyone going to the heartlands on the 23rd sept 08 for a lapband op maybe we could be buddies and chat to each other about how we are getting on i am really excited but nervous sandra:unsure:

Hi Shanaz

i wish i was having my surgery so soon:tt1: lol, :tongue_smilie:

i'm still in the early stages i'm being reffered to the heartlands and i'm just waiting for my letter from them to say they have recieved my refferal from the doctor, (getting frustrated now as it seems to be taking for ever:angry:)

but it would be gr8 to keep in touch with you so i can find out how everything is going for you at the heartlands so then i'll know what to expect e.t.c

if youve seen the thread i posted about the heartlands, i think sassy is having her op very close to yours, i think she said her's was 26th sept, so it will be around the same time as yours

anyway spk soon

Natalie:biggrin2:

if youve seen the thread i posted about the heartlands, i think sassy is having her op very close to yours, i think she said her's was 26th sept, so it will be around the same time as yours

anyway spk soon

Natalie:biggrin2:

Hi nat

Yes had my surgery yesterday at the heartlands , all went well no complications :bolt:

Just :thumbup:sore with trapped gas from when they inflate ya tummy ,

Dr Super is a star , really lovely man & very down to earth .

And shez had her op bought forward , she e mails me from time to time and is doing wonderful !

Have u had ya letter as yet for your first appointment ?

best wishes

Sas x

Hi Sass

Congratulations!!!! so glad to hear that everything went well for you, hopefully the soreness and gas will soon fade, ive heard it doesnt last long

yes i finally had my letter and my appt is this wednesday (1st):bolt: for my consultation i'm getting excited now, cant wait to find out for deffinate if it's a yes or no, cant wait to meet Dr Super as he sounds like a really nice bloke

I'll keep you posted on how it goes wednesday

Spk Soon:smile2:

Thats great news ! keep us posted how u get on ?

Yes that bad gas pain only really lasted 24 hours thank god :wink_smile:

Im feeling superb , fluids going down ok but u sure know when enoughs , enough ,Im walking then resting also .

So ... so far . so good hun .

And lost 8 pound since Monday :teeth_smile:

Good luck & best wishes

Sas x

Hi Sas + everyone

Went for my consultation today well not good news i'm afraid, i thought i was going to see Dr Super but my doc had only refferd me to thier weight managment clinic so i saw Dr shaker and was not keen on him after arguing with him for most of the time he told me to go away and cut out all the things that i snack on and he will book an appt for in another 3 months to see Dr Super and if i have lost weight he will probably do the op but it does depend on wether my gp wants to fund it if she doesnt the iwill dissapointed when i go in 3 months.

So as you can imagine i feel very frustrated now and i think it is my gp that's causing the problems (miserable cow, lol)

i dont know what to do now, i really want to go private but it's the cost that is an issue, i cant get a loan cuz of having bad credit, my partner cud get a top up on his loan but convincing him to do that for me is going to be near impossible, he's far too tight and sensible, lol

i wa thinking of looking into THG again and trying to get thier finance options but i havent heard very good reports from them, so a bit unsure what to do, unless i try and see another gp in my practice

any suggestions???

Natalie

Hi there Nat .

Oh Im sorry u didnt have the outcome u expected , BUT dont give up hope girl , at least your in the weight help circle now , Im wondering why they sent u to the weight management clinic there ?

What does your medical records state about your obesity ? ie : how many years is recorded , wat routes have u taken ie: dietician , zenical (perscibed diet pills ?

I didnt get referred to the weight centre , but perhaps my record was a bit more in depth im thinking ???

And the funding is applied for by the hospital that is treating u not ya GP so dont worry about that , Birmingham applied to northamptonshire primary care trust for my funding , I had no problems what so ever .

Now u must try your best and show commitment thats what they want , some people think if they loose weight they wont get the surgery !

Thats so not the case , I lost a stone and 8 pounds before surgery , which they were pleased at .

U have to show your focused , committed & ready for this life changing event .

If I can help u in any way , or u wish to chat in private , just contact me .

Dont get disheartened ok , there is still hope !

Best wishes

Sas x

Hi Sas

Hope you don`t mind me contacting you, but I have joined this site today and feel a bit lost!!

I have been referred to Mr Super at the Heartlands at last after 2 years (and 4 rejections).

I feel so grateful for this opportunity and would love to chat with others who are waiting or have had the procedure - but everything seems to be based in the USA? Is there a Heartlands "Banders" site??

Juneyjoy

Hi Sas

Hope you don`t mind me contacting you, but I have joined this site today and feel a bit lost!!

I have been referred to Mr Super at the Heartlands at last after 2 years (and 4 rejections).

I feel so grateful for this opportunity and would love to chat with others who are waiting or have had the procedure - but everything seems to be based in the USA? Is there a Heartlands "Banders" site??

Juneyjoy

Hi there Juney :cool2:

Congrats on your referal to Dr Super and the heartlands !

There is a UNITED KINGDOM forum , but no heartlands only !

I browse the whole site , as its always full of tips & info on the band .

How have u been rejected 4 times ??

can u tell me more about your age/bmi/health/co-morbilities etc

Then I can get a better picture hun ;)

Ask any Questions , id be too happy to help u !

Sas x

Hi Sas

How quick was that reply!! Fantastic !!

I am 57 years old and weigh 16 stone. My weight started going on when both my daughters went off to University at the same time. My husband worked evening shifts, so I was on my own every evening feeling sorry for myself. I think I took comfort in food - the weight just piled on over the next few years. I then went through the menopause and at the same time found out I had an under active thyroid.

My doctor had put me on anti depressants - so any prescribed diet tablets couldn`t work, as apparently they work against the anti depressant - I think they work on the same receptors in the brain?

I would lose a stone at weight watchers - for the umpteeth time - but would put it back on again, the usual yo-yo dieting. I was also attending a Back Pain Clinic for an ongoing back problem - exercise was really painful - I even purchased a treadmill, but it was still painful.

Finally my GP referred me to the Diabetic and Metabolism Clinic at the Worcester Royal Hospital as a referral for lapband surgery - I was first put forward for the lapband in 2005/6 and had been turned down four times before being accepted a couple of weeks ago - I have been on cloud nine ever since!!

I am so grateful to have been given this opportunity to get my life back on track. :cool2:

Juneyjoy

Hi there

I have just been accepted to have procedure with Mr Super I am waiting for my appointment to come through - My sister had the procedure done 2 weeks ago and is doing great!!

By the time you get this you will have had it done?

regards

Juneyjoy

Hi there

I have just been accepted to have procedure with Mr Super I am waiting for my appointment to come through - My sister had the procedure done 2 weeks ago and is doing great!!

By the time you get this you will have had it done?

regards

Juneyjoy

SUPERB ;)

Thats good news , I seen Dr Supers side kick in May and My surgery was last week , so Approx a 4 month wait .

The time soon flies in , and gives u time to loose weight enabling less risks for surgery , and prepares your mind , body & soul for this life changer.

My surgery was last Friday , Im 6 days post op now and doing good also .

Thanks for telling me your history , most of our stories are quite similar .

I wish u well in your New journey .

Thats great u have your sister to turn to for first hand advice :cool2:

If in doubt ask ...

And u got such a quick reply as Im off work for 2 weeks and Im on this dam net when Im not walking :laugh:.......... lol

Best wishes

SAS XXXX:teeth_smile:

Hi again Sas

i'm feeling a bit better today, and i am going to persevere with my gp but at the same time i am still going to keep exploring all avenues of going private it just seems less hassle and a lot less waiting around lol

i dont know why she sent me to thier weight managment clinic as i have already been to the one they offer at my doctors surgery this is why i think she's not to keen on the idea otherwise she would of reffered me straight to Dr Super

Anyway like i said i'm looking into all kinds of options at the mo and will let you know how i'm getting on

Thanx

Natalie

:w00t:

Hi again Sas

i'm feeling a bit better today, and i am going to persevere with my gp but at the same time i am still going to keep exploring all avenues of going private it just seems less hassle and a lot less waiting around lol

i dont know why she sent me to thier weight managment clinic as i have already been to the one they offer at my doctors surgery this is why i think she's not to keen on the idea otherwise she would of reffered me straight to Dr Super

Anyway like i said i'm looking into all kinds of options at the mo and will let you know how i'm getting on

Thanx

Natalie

Glad your more up beat today Nat , There is still hope like I said , ride with it and see how u go with the weight/m/c .

And of course keep your options open and dont let this blip get u down then u go and seek comfort with the enemy -FOOD :)

Im here If I can advise & support u in any way .

Kind Regards

SAS x:thumbup:

Hi Sas

I thought it might be about a 3/4 month wait - thats what it was for my sister after the initial decision.

I had suggested the procedure to my sister a long time ago because she was also overweight, diabetic (injecting every day) and had a number of other medical problems. She asked her consultant about it, he agreed to refer her and it went through very quickly. Since the procedure she no longer has to inject and her diabetes has gone!!

I have given my sister the link now, so she will probably be on here soon too! - anyway Sass good luck with your progress!!

regards Juneyjoy