Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi all

I have been complaining and asking the same questions for the past 5 weeks and want to repeat it again.....I am 3 days away from seeing my follow-up doctor and will then ask him about all this.....problem is when I had a temprature the first week he said nothing can be wrong he saw what was done inside and all was fine......on another board I've heard a lot of complaints about him and now I dont quite know how to aproach the man.....

I am a RN and very optimistic about the operation.I have lost 28 pounds in spite of all this because I stick to the calorie counting and dieting this dr prescribed....I have no eating problems.I eat small amounts and sometimes it feels as if something gets stuck and then I have a huge pain in the chest but I expect that is normal.......however....

I still have pain in the area where I think the band is.Not all the time but when I have eaten and when I walk on my treadmill it feels as if there is stitches that pulls a lot......also the shaking gives me a big pain in the stomach....

Then I get palpitations for no reason all the time.....never had it before the operation......

I get an intense pain in my stomach when I sit down.I have to lean back or sit up very straight otherwise something squashes in there......or something pulls my esophagus.....I also get spasm in my esophagus but way less than before.....

Now,people say that they dont even know that they have the band after a few weeks.I feel this band around my stomach all the time.Sometimes painfull sometimes just discomfort.......

Again if this is normal I just need someone to tell me so.I dont know what it should feel like and will it get better.

I can now sleep on my sides and I can breathe deeper most of the time..

I have the Cousin 9cc band and I hear that the surgeon put some saline in when he does the band...about 2 or 3 cc's. I dont know if this is true and will ask the follow-up guy....he is not the surgeon that did the band however......

OK,this is a mouthfull.......please just tell me so.If I should just shut-up and get on with it.....well say so please.At least I will know but then my expectations and the reality of this operation is two completely different things and I cannot recommend this to anyone again.....

Please help....

Desertmom~ I would have to say go with your instinct that something is wrong. If you are having pains often that are worrying you then you should deffinatly call and see a Dr.

On the stuck feeling some of that is probably because you are not chewing well enough or eating to fast. This feeling does happen with bandsters. I have problems with bread and some times if meat is to dry it will get stuck. So this feeling is probably normal. To avoid this eat slower and chew realy well. But the other symptoms your having please see a dr. ASAP. It could be nothing but you should still not ever be afraid to tell your dr when something is wrong!!! Good luck and I hope you find out if there is something to be alarmed at or if you just need a little more time to heal. GOOD luck.

Feeling like you can feel your band, tugging, stiches, palpitations, spasms, discomfort, etc after 5 weeks is NOT normal.

Getting food stuck IS normal. Just do what Jamie said...

this is the problem with a Cousin Band. Just how is that different from the Inamed the vast majority of us have? How differently is the surgery performed where you are and could this be causing your problems?

Do you think you should get a complete unfill and see what being virtually bandless is like? I don't know if doing this would help anything, but it really doesn't sound Normal at all.