Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:biggrin2: Hello my name is Suzanne and i have been lurking in the site for a while now. I have been reading and reading and getting excited and scared at at the same time. I have had all the medical appointments that i need to go to. The only think left are the 6 months supervised by my doctor weight loose. This is my first month and i hope and pray i can do it. Exercises is hard when your knee's hurt and your feet hurt even more. I do walk when i can, i also watch and try to go along with the exercise shows on TV. there is no jumping or bouncing just yet. The pictures on my walls rattle too much.:biggrin:. the exciting thing is that my hubby has been told by his doctor he should do the surgery as well, or face a hip replacement and both knees too. Thanks for being here.

SuzanneL

Hey Suzanne,

So glad you decided to post.....people here are so friendly...and so helpful. It is amazing how loosing just a little weight will take pressure off of those knees and feet and you will be able to start to move more. Just watch what you eat in the beginning, watch your portions, and the weight will come off and the movement will be easier. It was for me. I am 3 weeks post op and can't tell you what an amazing tool this lap band is. I don't even have a fill yet, and 1/2 cup of food is keeping me satisfied and FULL! Its gonna be the best thing I have ever done for myself and my family. So hang in there, I started this journey last October, and am so glad I stuck to it...Good luck to you.

Hi Suzanne,

You will love the results of having the procedure done. I have had a band for 6 months now and have lost 55 lbs. without even trying.

Stick with the pre-op drill to keep the doctors happy. Your knees will love you for doing this. I can actually bend down and pick things up now. I am going for my 2nd fill tomorrow to make sure I stay on track. Everything so far has been great! Tman

Suzanne, this doesn't have anything to do with your surgery, but I have found some shoes that have really saved my feet....I wear them just about all the time and they are wonderful......they are called Think! They are made in Europe (Denmark?) but I only buy them now....That is what I walk in, because even my Tennis shoes used to hurt. Good Luck with everything.......I'm still one of the lurkers that keep hoping I can do this without the band...it's hopeless.

Weclome Suzanne! What a great way to have a support person... Have your hubby banded too :tongue_smilie:

I wish you lost of luck in your journey to the band.

Hi all My name is Patty and I just recently decided to have the lap band procedure done. I have a consult with the doctor tomorrow but am unsure what I'm in for. What hoops will I have to jump through since my BMI is 36.

Hi Patty

:tt2:

I can only tell you my experience so far, First i talked to my family Doctor, and his office made the appointment with the Doctor in Erie. ( i am so grateful that Erie Hamet Hospital is one of the best) The first appointment was in a more seminar set up. The insurance guy tells you if your insurance covers the process or not. Then the Doctor givers you am over view of both procedures. Also there is a questing and answer section. After this the doctors has a one on one consult. They then determine from your health info what other appointment you will need before the surgery. I needed a stress test (high Blood pressure) pulmonary test, and my 6 months medical supervised weight lose at my family doctors office. Oh the sociological test. ( looks like I am not certifiable after all HA HA)

Hope this helps a little Oh my BMI is 42.