Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was just banded on monday and you don't really realize how much you eat until you are not eating. By now I would have had a Breakfast sandwich from some fastfood joint, a cup of tea, lunch from a local restaurant, some fruit, a soda,etc. But I have been sipping on this same Protein Shake for over an hour now because I am full. I had some chicken broth and some crystal light that I have been drinking all morning which I am sure I will not finish since I mixed it with 20 ounces of Water. AND I AM SATISFIED....who would have thunk it.

My procedure went well, Thanks Dr. B and staff, and I stayed overnight, thanks to all the nurses at Wise Regional Health Systems for taking GREAT care of me. At first I was a little annoyed that my insurance was requiring an overnight stay but now I would not have it any other way. They check for so much other stuff (blood clots, temp., blood pressure, breathing, etc.) and the min. you say pain they were there with the medicine. Maybe this is why I am not having very much pain now. Only problem I am having is sleeping on my side which I am so use to and the discomfort is causing me to sleep on my back. I have been readying some of the other threads about the pain but I took the ice pack home from the hospital and that has become my best friend. It has kept the swelling down tremendously. Walking has also become a friend in aide to help push these gas bubbles out. All in all I have had a great experience and I look forward to my first Dr.s visit and fill on Sept 9th.

This is turning out to be MY best summer ever.

Edited by bestsummerever

Absolutely amazing! Look how far you came, even before the surgery. I'm just starting the process, but reading stories like yours keep me motivated and soooo excited. Thank you!

Welcome to bandland. I was also banded on the 11th and i am in no mood to eat all which is nice, but of course I am drinking my shakes and drinking all my Water. I just dont have any hunger pains or full pains either.

I also stayed over night and it was the best thing ever. I was hooked to a morphine drip and it was great.

Did they give you a hug pillow to take home? If not get a firm pillow and hug it to your belly and that has allowed me to sleep on my side. I also use it to get out of bed and on car rides(i live in pothole central) Your arms and pillow take the impact and not your stomach. It is good to hold when you sneeze, cough, and hiccup.

Good luck with everything! Keep in Touch:thumbup:

Welcome to bandland. I was also banded on the 11th and i am in no mood to eat all which is nice, but of course I am drinking my shakes and drinking all my Water. I just dont have any hunger pains or full pains either.

I also stayed over night and it was the best thing ever. I was hooked to a morphine drip and it was great.

Did they give you a hug pillow to take home? If not get a firm pillow and hug it to your belly and that has allowed me to sleep on my side. I also use it to get out of bed and on car rides(i live in pothole central) Your arms and pillow take the impact and not your stomach. It is good to hold when you sneeze, cough, and hiccup.

Good luck with everything! Keep in Touch:thumbup:

Is it normal for them to give you morphine for pain?

At the hospital I went to it is. We are required to stay overnight. I would think so if you were going home the same day, since it knocked me out hardcore. My bf came and visited and i was half dead.

At the hospital I went to it is. We are required to stay overnight. I would think so if you were going home the same day, since it knocked me out hardcore. My bf came and visited and i was half dead.

I would rather stay over night to make sure everything is going good.

isnt it amazing??? the band really does change lives! i'm from the DFW area too and i've heard wonderful things about Dr. B!

best of luck to you!

I would rather stay over night to make sure everything is going good.

yeah staying the night was much better. They gave me some zantac and some other drug that helps to stimulate the stomach. I didn't have morphine but I did have a really good pain drip (can't remember which one it was now cause as soon as I got it I was knocked out)

yeah staying the night was much better. They gave me some zantac and some other drug that helps to stimulate the stomach. I didn't have morphine but I did have a really good pain drip (can't remember which one it was now cause as soon as I got it I was knocked out)

that is really good to know