Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea from protein shakes??

Hey there everyone. Getting SUPER excited for the BIG DAY just one week from TODAY!!! YIPPEEE!!! :sleep2: I started my pre-op LSD on Monday, using the powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein Powder. I'm finding that I am feeling somewhat funny from it though. Monday it was a rank Migraine :crying: (possibly from the big time cut back in food volume I'm guessing), yesterday it was this heavy, gassy feeling really low in my tummy :Banane37:, and today it's more nauseous than anything. Anyone else get that? I'm determined to not stop the diet because I want the safest surgery possible but at the same time I sure hope this gets better with each day.

Thanks everybody! I appreciate any thoughts or advice...

Stace

I have tried that brand as well but didnt care for it.

Maybe you could check in your area and see if there are support meeting near you.

If so, ask if they can have a Protein tasting some week. If not, ask a few people if they would be willing to give you a scoop of thier product.

You will get a million opinions about what people like or not.

Bottom line is, what you will like.

I use Body Fortress that I get a Wal-Mart. Its a large jug for $12.99

I started my diet tuesday, I am dring the ready to dring lean body and they taste pretty good, but I have also had a headache for two days now. I do not feel hungry, but think that it is the decrease in calories. Good luck to you with your surgery.

Hi guys - thanks so much for that... I took an antacid this afternoon and it seemed to help. I'll just keep going for now I guess but next time I won't buy SO MUCH of the same product without trying it first - my mistake for sure!

Anyhow, thanks for the well wishes and advice! I really appreciate it!

Stace:biggrin2:

I am post op one week and the unjury has bothered me. Nausea, and gas, and my stools are loose and smelly like metal. Totally gross. I will be off the shakes in a week so I will ask the nurse tomorrow for some anti nausea meds. The headaches are from going off caffeine and not eating anything but the shakes and Jello and broth. Tomorrow I get to eat a bit more, cream Soups and sugar free pudding. So that might help. Walking helps the gas pains. GAS X is a wonder. It sure helps. Feeling better every day, but still very tired. Want to nap a lot.

Update, I called Unjury today and they were so very nice. I explained what has been happening and they understood, I am returning the unused portions of my shipment and the opened ones too. They are giving me a full refund. Now later today will talk to my dietitian to see what else I can take. Wish me luck.

Update, I saw my doctors nurse and the dietitian today, (he's in Israel) will see him end of the month. Everything is healing well, and they are pleased with my weight loss and healing, said the shorness of breath and tired is normal for the first few weeks and I will feel better in a week or so, if I feel any worse to call them asap.

They said to change to a different Protein drink or powder. I went to GNC and got their unflavored high performance soy based powder which is 24 grams of Protein per scoop. The guy said it may be the whey in the whey powder that makes me sick. I mixed it with Crystal light lemonade and it's not too bad, no metal taste. I can also mix it in my cream and Tomato and squash Soups before I warm them up. I'll try that later with my dinner.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60